PDA

View Full Version : Fresh install issues

gigabyte
March 30th, 2010, 01:38
I know I should have left well enough alone... but I like to tinker "it's a guy thing" I know...

I decided it was time to clean up FSX and go for a fresh install, so I used control panel to do the standard removal and used the MS Cleanup utility like I always do, then a full scan of the registry to make sure I got every Flight Sim entry out - in other words NO TRACE of FSX on the system. I renamed the FSX folders in my User\Appdata and My Documents (I wanted to save the Rewards and Pilot logs) and proceeded with a fresh install of FSX, then Acceleration, a couple of Payware Planes, and just a few scenery add on's. Install went fine, I started and did a quick flight after each step and it looked OK, but, and here is where I am Flumized... I keep getting an error on all aircraft when I open a flight or change aircraft "Aircraft model not defined"? I get this with every aircraft, the default and the few add on's I had installed. The other issue is I am not able to add Scenery to the Add on Library, I when I try it just drills down to the scenery folder and will do nothing when I click OJ?

Has anyone see this before? I thought it might be Read Only Files or require Admin Permission but neither of those was the cause, so I am kind of Flumixed and I hate when that happens????

I have attached some screen shots to show the exact message and the Add On attempt

harleyman
March 30th, 2010, 03:22
I think that after you droll down in adding scenery that you need to click into and open area with in the box and it will finish the scenery.....

As far as the other plane problem, I would say its probably from a addon that was manually installed and perhaps corrupted a default file if some sort..

maybe try a FSX repain to fix the plane issues ????

gigabyte
March 30th, 2010, 04:31
I have tried everything with the scenery, it will drill right down into the Scenery and Tecture files and will not accept anything? Kind of why I am so flumixed, my only option is to cancel.

On the planes it is really weird, this started right away, before I added any planes, and the only aircraft I added after the install were all done with Installers, Shockwave Wings of Power, Bills new Epic, and the Captian Sim C130. I did add a couple manually last night but they show the same behavour, and the strangest part is everything seems to work fine, the animations and all the controls for the aircraft function, my frames are running in the high 20's most of the time so it is working I just can't get the add on scenery...

I am not going to mess with it too much, I am starting a build next week and will be more concerned with everything on that system, just curious I guess.

harleyman
March 30th, 2010, 14:26
bump

Wombat_VC
March 30th, 2010, 18:24
...The other issue is I am not able to add Scenery to the Add on Library, I when I try it just drills down to the scenery folder and will do nothing when I click OJ?...

I have experienced the same problem after moving to Win7-64. I have not found a solution to this except a work-around. To add scenery manually, I edit the file "scenery.cfg" directly.

gigabyte
March 31st, 2010, 17:17
Thanks Wombat_VC, I was thinking about that, and hoped there would be a better way, but if that is what it takes... I am not going to mess with it much until I finish the new build, I'll have to do a full reinstall on the new box anyway and I'll see how that goes.