PDA

View Full Version : Those Annoying AI Traffic Pauses

MSW
March 29th, 2010, 12:45
I use WOAI which I like for the real schedules and good looking models and it's free. I have every single one downloaded and installed. I run airliners at 60% and GA at 40% with the airport animations set to zero. However, when they load up I get pauses which is really annoying when trying to have a smooth flight and approach. The only way I can get smooth flight without the pauses is to have zero AI Traffic.

I have searched many forums for the good and bad comparisons of payware traffic such as TrafficX, My Traffic 2010 and Ultimate Traffic II and don't see any thing that would surpass WOAI enough in my opinion to justify paying $50 for. In addition, it appears that the payware traffic programs also suffer from the same pausing issue.

Is there anyway to prevent these pauses or is that just the way it is with FSX?

Thanks!

Mike

E6700 Core 2 Duo OCed to 3.4, 8800 GTS 640 MB, 2 GB Dual Path DDR2, XP Pro

Brian_Gladden
March 29th, 2010, 14:27
I have the same problems with AI in FSX.... Right now I fly FSX as a Bush sim but if I want AI, I run FS9. (Which still spends 90% of it's time in the backwoods.

guzler
March 30th, 2010, 01:17
I've tried most of the payware ones, and currently use UT2 supplemented by WOAI. I think its something we have to live with in FSX. As you say, theirs little to beat WOAI, however the aircraft in UT2 are comparible in visual quality but benefit from being native FSX models, so ease theframe rates a bit. That was the reason I invested. It also give a few extra functions to aid frame rates such as a frame rate setting to prevent your system from clogging up at airports such as Heathrow.

Bjoern
March 30th, 2010, 07:30
I have tons of AI (WOAI, RATS, GA, etc...) with the sliders set at 85 and 60%, but I don't get those pauses.

Maybe a disk defrag will help?