PDA

View Full Version : Now, today has been like old-time Martinsville racing!

Cazzie
March 29th, 2010, 12:07
I sure wish I could have gone! I thought Denny Hamlin had given it away, but he dogged his way back and lucked up getting a caution about 300 feet from a white flag, which would have ended the race with Jeff Gordon winning.

Denny owns Martinsville, nobody currently in NASCAR can drive that track like him, including Jeff Gordon. I am exhausted. And a great move by young Joey Lugano on that final lap. That was a gutsy move to give JGR a 1-2 finish.

Caz

Terry
March 29th, 2010, 13:06
That was the best last lap of any race this year!

EasyEd
March 29th, 2010, 16:42
Hey All,

I didn't see any of it but heard the result and figured Caz would be in seventh heaven. I do feel sorry for Jeff Gordon though. The 48 already has lots of Grandfather Clocks and will probably get a few more. After the 48 winning 7 of the last 14 races it was time for somebody else to win - don't want anybody treating the 48 like Carl treated the 12 a couple weeks ago just cause he wins alot. The other drivers were already starting to complain - did you hear Kurt Busch last week at Bristol saying fans came here to see anybody but the 48 win. It's all part of the master plan you know... :d

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 29th, 2010, 20:16
Boy...
Kenseth screwed that up for a few drivers besides Gordon to include Ryan Newman...

redriver6
March 29th, 2010, 20:48
Boy...
Kenseth screwed that up for a few drivers besides Gordon to include Ryan Newman...

oh you mean by trying to win the race....yeah i guess he screwed himself and gordon and Newman amd opened the door for Hamlin and Logano....i'm sure that wasn't quite the way he planned it but 'thats racing' as they say.

actually the person most responsible for Hamlin winning is Paul Menard who screwed Kyle Bush which brought out the caution on the last lap, which robbed gordon of the win.etc etc etc etc

stansdds
March 30th, 2010, 02:02
I didn't get to see it since it was run on a Monday. :frown:

Glad to hear that Denny won.:jump:

wombat666
March 30th, 2010, 03:50
Re-run later tonight (Tuesday) on HD1, I'll pass.

Cazzie
March 30th, 2010, 05:57

If you liked the beat 'em and bang 'em up NASCAR of old wombat, you'd love this race. Starts with a totally clean track, no rubber on it (concrete too), cars are not sit up for any conditions prevalent. And like F-1, the conditions change several times during the race. Seeing the replay, one will not have to sit through all the time taken up by cautions and the endless dribble from the FOX Sports people here. It's a hell of a good short-track race, full of all the thrills and spills we use to enjoy all the time in NASCAR. The wing is gone and the spoiler is back and the last 10 laps are well worth the viewing. That's how racing is every Saturday night at South Boston Speedway's 0.4-mile oval in the Late-Model Sportsman Division, you beat your way to the finish, old timey stock car racing, the way it ought to be!

Caz

Panther_99FS
March 30th, 2010, 16:34
actually the person most responsible for Hamlin winning is Paul Menard who screwed Kyle Bush which brought out the caution on the last lap, which robbed gordon of the win.etc etc etc etc

I must admit I've never been a fan of the green/white stuff....

redriver6
March 30th, 2010, 16:57
I must admit I've never been a fan of the green/white stuff....

well at least it seems to fit right into the 'have at it boys' theme...and rekindled the gordon/kennseth fued...so its all good :icon_lol:

redriver6
March 30th, 2010, 17:01

i watched yer goofy F1 race so the least you can do is watch a NASCAR race......all you gotta do is keep yer eye on #47:wavey::salute:

wombat666
March 31st, 2010, 01:36
i watched yer goofy F1 race so the least you can do is watch a NASCAR race......all you gotta do is keep yer eye on #47:wavey::salute:

Jeez red, I'm not exactly an F1 fan either............:173go1:
The Real Racing begins on April 11 with MotoGP.

Cazzie
March 31st, 2010, 04:12
Bike racing is the best spectator motorsport without doubt wombat. Although not privy to see live MotoGP event, I have two really fine AMA event within driving distance every year and would never miss VIR. I just wish they'd open the full 3.27-mile course to them in lieu of the 2.7-mile course they run.

Racing is racing, I have a Rolex Grand Am coming up the last weekend in April at VIR. A load of old school chums and I will be getting together for good times and :ernae:. Any of you east coasters feel the need for speed, come on down. We'll be at the south paddock near the "oak tree turn". Ask for Caz, most all in that area know me. You may see me rioding around on my bicycle, an orange and white Cannondale.

I like the green-white-checker Panther and I am old-time traditional NASCAR. I think that and the softer barrier walls are two of the best things NASCAR has implemented in the past 20 years. Makes for some fine racing, I worked many races in the olds days, when far too many races finished under caution, sometimes running such for as many as 20 laps. In the rain in NASCAR, I can withstand it. Under dry racing conditions, let the drivers race for the win! Trust me, even the drivers of the day hated a yellow finish, those guys had grit, they wanted a fight! :icon_lol:

Caz

redriver6
March 31st, 2010, 10:29
Jeez red, I'm not exactly an F1 fan either............:173go1:
The Real Racing begins on April 11 with MotoGP.

yer familiar with this guy then i guess..

redriver6
April 1st, 2010, 19:35
it's Fast Freddie Spencer!!! from my hometown (Shreveport, La.)...which is about all i know about MotoGP:ernae: