PDA

View Full Version : gun/weapon keys in FSX?

gianlucabagatti
March 29th, 2010, 07:47
I think it has been asked often nevertheless.....
Downloaded and installed a nice Vietnam era Skyraider as well as the beautiful A2A Thunderbolt so I wonder: with all that panoplia of guns & weapons, is there a way to let them work?
I mean, I've searched through tha all list but I found nothing working....
Hlp and advise needed please!
Bst regards and thks to you all, Gianluca

Bjoern
March 29th, 2010, 11:07
There are no actually working guns in FSX.

The closest thing available to guns and bombs are effect files like explosions and tracers, but not every model has them.

roger-wilco-66
March 29th, 2010, 15:08
I had to smile when I read that, because we are trying hard to make CSF X out of our good old FSX :-)))

gianlucabagatti
March 30th, 2010, 02:50
I had to smile when I read that, because we are trying hard to make CSF X out of our good old FSX :-)))
hi roger, sure you know the very good attempt to make a Vietnam Air War Theatre: if you take the chance to visit that site you would be fully aware about what's going ( or would...) on.
pity no way was found until now: having so many nice airplanes here with the features FSX has and not being able to fly'em for what they are....

Bjoern
March 30th, 2010, 07:35
If you want aerial combat with high moddability, there's always Strike Fighters 2...

roger-wilco-66
March 30th, 2010, 11:12
hi roger, sure you know the very good attempt to make a Vietnam Air War Theatre: if you take the chance to visit that site you would be fully aware about what's going ( or would...) on....

:icon_lol: sure I know that Vietnam project, I even got mentioned on that website with a contribution :-) A Shau Valley was one of my first ADE projects a few years ago.
I think we can mod FSX to certain degree to the combat scenario. But, way to go! There is a lot to do.

What is so intriguing about FSX, in my opinion, is the high quality of the third party addons - free- and payware - and the open system for development and modding. SF2 is nice, but can't compete with FSX graphics, realism and products like A2A P47 (or upcoming B-17) or Vertigos Dauntless etc etc.

Sometimes I wonder if CFS2 code could be ported to FSX, I mean, in regards of most APIs and the basic structure the must be compatible to a certain degree. Never mind, just babbling around...

Cheers,
Mark

Bjoern
March 30th, 2010, 11:28
SF2 is nice, but can't compete with FSX graphics, realism and products like A2A P47 (or upcoming B-17) or Vertigos Dauntless etc etc.

They're not meant to be compared.

But if you want to count rivets, SF2 has - unlike FSX - proper, perfectly working DX10 support and a whole lot more military aicraft available. ;)

NoShades
March 30th, 2010, 17:56
There have been working guns/rockets)for FSX since about 3 years ago since Abacus Combat force. Acceleration improoved the ability later with Flight deck 6 and WW2 PACIFIC MISSIONS FSX and the Vietnam Sim will use the same.. targets get hit and explode and everything..even AI aircraft get hit.. just to update some of you newbie young ones

gianlucabagatti
March 31st, 2010, 00:35
There have been working guns/rockets)for FSX since about 3 years ago since Abacus Combat force. Acceleration improoved the ability later with Flight deck 6 and WW2 PACIFIC MISSIONS FSX and the Vietnam Sim will use the same.. targets get hit and explode and everything..even AI aircraft get hit.. just to update some of you newbie young ones

hi noshades, you mentioned the released Vietnam Project: downloaded the pack but up to now I see no indications on that...
at the end of the day the recommended aircrafts should have this effects but to say the lest, the beautiful Skyraider by Piglet can't show even the underwing weapons not to speak about firing guns....