PDA

View Full Version : Party's on me.................

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 10:08
It's gettin' real close to my annual motorcycle ride from RDU to 6R9/KAQO (Llano, Tx.) and back.......will probably
leave this Thursday or Friday.
This years route will be thru Ashville, NC., Chattanooga, Birmingham, Baton Rouge, Houston and Austin.
The return trip will likely be thru Tyler, Tx, Shreveport and up the Natchez Trace to Nashville, Knoxville, Ashville, etc.

If any of you folks who live along that route want to get together at a local honky-tonk and have a little party.......
please PM me and we'll work something out.
Bring the wife, friends (within reason) whatever........I'm buyin'.

Sounds like FUN !!!!

LD

limjack
March 28th, 2010, 10:41
Sounds like your going to have a good time LD. If ya have time, stop by and say Hi to Jack Daniels for me. How many years have you been doing the annual trip? My buddy and I do a road trip as well but on four wheels every year. We just hit the road with no general directions and play. One thing for sure, road trips of any kind are the best. Have a safe and fun time.

Jim

Tom Clayton
March 28th, 2010, 10:43
You'd have to stop an hour after you started to meet up with me here in Greensboro!

And you better check with the DOT - I think the rockslide still has I-40 closed. There was also a recent slide on the Dragon too. 74 is probably the best bet, and most direct any - but I'm guessing you planned that already...

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 10:54
You'd have to stop an hour after you started to meet up with me here in Greensboro!

Yea Tom, I figured that......
so Ashville is gonna be my first overnite stop :icon29:

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2010, 11:16
If I'm still here, sign me up for the Shreveport visit...:wiggle:

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 12:58
If I'm still here, sign me up for the Shreveport visit...:wiggle:

You got it Panther !

I'm thinkin the third week of April (19th-20th) for Shreveport.

jmig
March 28th, 2010, 13:00
I might be able to drive up and meet you in Shreveport?

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 14:26
I might be able to drive up and meet you in Shreveport?

Looks like ya got 3 choices jmig :
1. I'll stop in Lafayette on the way out
2. You drive up to Shreveport
3. Both

Wow !! This is turning out better than I expected........

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2010, 15:01
You got it Panther !

I'm thinkin the third week of April (19th-20th) for Shreveport.

I'll check my shed-dule at work tomorrow....

Navy Chief
March 28th, 2010, 15:03
Dunno if I am on the path of your trip or not, but you are most welcome to stop by.

NC

I am in Farner, TN, and will gladly give you directions. This area is VERY popular with motorcyclists....

cheezyflier
March 28th, 2010, 15:46
i got buddies out that way right now who were having a southern mig get-together. while on your route, forget about ridin the dragon. 129 had a rockslide a couple weeks ago, and it's closed too. crossing into tenn from n.c. is nice along wautauga lake if you have that kinda time, but i guess you'll either take 85 or maybe go down by waynesville? have fun, and be alert for hazards. you do have a bell to ward off gremlins, don't you?

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 16:19
Dunno if I am on the path of your trip or not, but you are most welcome to stop by.

NC

I am in Farner, TN, and will gladly give you directions. This area is VERY popular with motorcyclists....

Yo Chief.......

You're justa jig and a jog off the route I'm takin' to Chattanooga (night #2). I'd love to meet ya !
Gotta take it easy with the moonshine tho.......there's still 80 miles to Chattanooga from your place.
I'll PM ya with my cell #.

luckydog
March 28th, 2010, 16:24
i got buddies out that way right now who were having a southern mig get-together. while on your route, forget about ridin the dragon. 129 had a rockslide a couple weeks ago, and it's closed too. crossing into tenn from n.c. is nice along wautauga lake if you have that kinda time, but i guess you'll either take 85 or maybe go down by waynesville? have fun, and be alert for hazards. you do have a bell to ward off gremlins, don't you?

I'm heading down 74 thru Waynesville, Murphy, etc. Bell ??? You betcha !! I've had that little baby for years....

Navy Chief
March 28th, 2010, 17:29
Yo Chief.......

You're justa jig and a jog off the route I'm takin' to Chattanooga (night #2). I'd love to meet ya !
Gotta take it easy with the moonshine tho.......there's still 80 miles to Chattanooga from your place.
I'll PM ya with my cell #.

That'd be great, shipmate. Just give me a call. I am here almost all the time. Peace and quiet in the countryside is the way to live. Just me, my Rottie, and four cats......NC