PDA

View Full Version : Freeware audio editor.

demorier
March 27th, 2010, 22:03
Anybody know of a decent freeware audio editor. I want to batch "Normalise" a heap of mp3 files for my mp3 player. Prefer to do this on computer from folder to folder. I thought the Nero software would do this for me, but I don't think so....I don't want to burn the files to CD/DVD.

Moparmike
March 28th, 2010, 06:00
Check out Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Open-source audio editor with quite a few plug-ins available.

I use it to convert WMA Windows Media Player rips and MP3 WinAmp rips into a common format for my car audio MP3 CDs...I've got most of my music packed onto a few MP3 discs instead of a whole bunch of audio CDs now. Much easier to shuffle for tunes while on the road!

I've used it to trim MP3s down to ringtones for my cellphone too. Not many Nugent, Stevie Ray, or Satriani ringtones out there so I had to make em myself. :)

demorier
March 28th, 2010, 14:26
I think I checked out that one....don't think it handles batches of files...I've just got to many to do singularly.

demorier
March 29th, 2010, 00:13
Ok now...came across an older copy of an old favorite ...Goldwave...does a top job.

Moparmike
March 29th, 2010, 10:58
Ahhh...I forgot all about Goldwave. Haven't heard that name in many years.

Glad you found an option!