PDA

View Full Version : Thought provoking Shower-Question of the day

OBIO
March 27th, 2010, 08:08
You know how we frequently come up with very profound questions while in the shower? Well, maybe it's just me! But here's the question that popped into my head while I was straining to bend over far enough to reach my feet so I could wash them LOL.........Why is Latin-America...Latin-America? No one from Latin-America speaks Latin...they speak Spanish or some form of Spanish. Why isn't it Spanish-America, or Spanerica, or Little Toledo, or something else related to Spain/Spanish. Where did the Latin come from?

OBIO

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 08:17
Actually, Italian, French and Spanish are considered Latin derivative languages due to the cultural connections that existed with the Roman Empire. Whereas English is rooted in a more complex hybrid of influences including the Celtic, Norse, French, and Latin languages due to the overlapping occupations, rise and falls of the various empires.

BTW: Those are awfully deep thoughts for a shower! I'm just trying to avoid slipping and busting my arse! :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Ken

crashalot2
March 27th, 2010, 08:19
You are thinking to much.

Chacha
March 27th, 2010, 08:25
Thinking about that while taking shower?

.... The scenario and the provoking question is not parallel to each other...

Well my apologies, you can think of anything under the sun whatever you're doing...

.... OBIO,

You cracked me up.....

You have a very WILD imagination! :salute:

jmig
March 27th, 2010, 09:41
Most of the original European inhabitants of South America came from either Spain or Portugal. Both of these countries were heavily settled by the Romans. Over time, the Spanish and Portuguese languages evolved but the idea that they were Latins stuck.

rpjkw
March 27th, 2010, 10:26
That's what happens when you bend over in the shower. I usually just get light headed, hence no serious thoughts.:jump:

Bob

BTW, that's why I had a small 'foot washing' ledge installed when the house was built. Can't take too many chances or serious thoughts at my age.

dominique
March 27th, 2010, 11:09
You know how we frequently come up with very profound questions while in the shower? Well, maybe it's just me! But here's the question that popped into my head while I was straining to bend over far enough to reach my feet so I could wash them LOL.........Why is Latin-America...Latin-America? No one from Latin-America speaks Latin...they speak Spanish or some form of Spanish. Why isn't it Spanish-America, or Spanerica, or Little Toledo, or something else related to Spain/Spanish. Where did the Latin come from?

OBIO

a lot of people there speak portuguese not only spanish

Anyway, here's the answer : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Bjoern
March 27th, 2010, 12:49
You know how we frequently come up with very profound questions while in the shower? Well, maybe it's just me!

Nope. The shower is my personal meditation chamber and cause for my really high water bill.

Subjects can range from plain stuff like planning ahead for tomorrow to deep down self-analysis of my personality. Mostly, it's just the Dornier 328 occupying my thoughts though. Features and battle plans for incorporating them, perfecting textures, etc...

txnetcop
March 27th, 2010, 12:52
Shower with your wife and you won't have time for those deep thoughts Amigo
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cheezyflier
March 27th, 2010, 12:54
You know how we frequently come up with very profound questions while in the shower? Well, maybe it's just me!

my "deep thoughts" appear not in the shower, but just to the other side of the sink.

Bjoern
March 27th, 2010, 12:59
Shower with your wife and you won't have time for those deep thoughts Amigo
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

While sure being a nice experience, having a woman in the shower *every day* and the resulting lack of space would become slightly annoying over time. :icon_lol:

AckAck
March 27th, 2010, 13:47
While sure being a nice experience, having a woman in the shower *every day* and the resulting lack of space would become slightly annoying over time.Um, not really. Try it. :d

(saves on your water bill too..) (well, doesn't always save on the water bill.)

Brian

txnetcop
March 27th, 2010, 15:22
Bjoern, I won't go into detail but you won't believe all the things you can do in shower with your honey. Trust me it's worth the cramped space! LOL
Ted

jmig
March 27th, 2010, 15:29
Bjoern, I won't go into detail but you won't believe all the things you can do in shower with your honey. Trust me it's worth the cramped space! LOL
Ted

Besides that, it is environmentally friendly. Just think of the water you save.

:d

txnetcop
March 27th, 2010, 15:45
Yep the health benefits from stress relief! LOL

limjack
March 27th, 2010, 16:19
Hmmmmm......we went from Why is Latin-America...Latin-America? to showering with your wife. I love the sim outhouse!!!

Jim

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 16:28
It is an unpredictable source of entertainment, isn't it! :icon_lol:

GT182
March 27th, 2010, 16:40
OBIO, don't you know you never ever bend over in a shower. You never know who that is in the other side of the curtain... or steamed glass. You squat when you drop that soap-ona-rope., or we'll be able hear you scream all the way from here....and there... and there....... ;) :icon_lol:

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 17:51
OBIO, don't you know you never ever bend over in a shower. You never know who that is in the other side of the curtain... or steamed glass. You squat when you drop that soap-ona-rope., or we'll be able hear you scream all the way from here....and there... and there....... ;) :icon_lol:

WHOA!!! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Piglet
March 27th, 2010, 19:49
My usual thought, "How long has that been growing?"
The second part of OBIO's question. Why are they called "Latinos" They don't speak Latin, as OBIO said, nor do they live in Rome, wearing togas, and racing chariots.

Daveroo
March 28th, 2010, 08:33
my first thoought was......"get a shower chair"

Bjoern
March 28th, 2010, 22:23
Um, not really. Try it. :d

I know, it's not that I never tried when I used to have a girlfriend. ;) :d

But, in the long run...I prefer having my shower all for myself. :d

PRB
March 29th, 2010, 04:54
Of course it’s a well known “scientific phenomenon” that taking a shower focuses your thoughts. If you’re alone, that is. Well, if you’re not alone it focuses your thoughts too, sort of, but in a different way… One time long ago I was helping a friend assemble the engine to his crappy Fiat X-19. We had everything put back together. We has spark, we had gas, the timing marks were all lined up like they’re supposed to be, yet the darned thing wouldn’t start. We spent all day trying to figure it out, to no avail. The next morning (guess where) I figured it out. It’s possible to have all the timing marks lined up and have all that top dead center business squared away, but be 180 degrees out of phase, such that the sparky-sparky is occurring at the top of the exhaust stroke, see? It won’t run that way! Bingo, problem solved!

Snuffy
March 29th, 2010, 05:27
Why is there air?

rpjkw
March 29th, 2010, 06:10
Why is there air?

Gotta fill the atmosphere with something.

txnetcop
March 29th, 2010, 06:12
Get outta the shower Snuffy!!!! LOL

Bjoern
March 29th, 2010, 11:18
Why is there air?

In layman's terms and short: A star, lots of hydrogen and a whole lot of fusion.

Bonus points if the star is kicking the bucket. That's when the more interesting elements, like carbon come into existence.