PDA

View Full Version : Fubar'd check book

OBIO
March 26th, 2010, 20:24
Luckily, I got on line this evening to check our bank account.....and found that I had forgotten to write a decent size purchase into our check book log. So, the reality is that our bank account, once the last two purchases clear, will be overdrawn by 45 cents. I have to run to the bank tomorrow to deposit some money....would really burn my biscuits to get a $30 overdraft protection fee because our account was over drawn by 45 cents.

And Deb wonders why I hate doing so much shopping in rapid fire sessions. I prefer to do a bit of shopping, take a day to ensure everything is logged and balanced, then do more shopping. Deb likes to send me out with 5 or 6 stores to hit in one trip....and the result is that I lost a receipt, forgot about a purchase, and now have to make the made dash to the bank to prevent our account from being over drawn....by 45 cents!

OBIO

harleyman
March 27th, 2010, 03:26
Psstttttttt.....Overdraft protection.....lol

Tht bites though..been thee too!

JoeW
March 27th, 2010, 04:14
Most banks will allow you to be overdrawn by about $10.00 before hitting you with an overdraft. Bank of America is one that doesn't. I don't do business with them any more. My only income is my Social Security check.
I carry a balance most times of about $3.00

Curtis P40
March 27th, 2010, 07:46
Never have that problem with cash :bump:

Snuffy
March 27th, 2010, 08:45
45 cents is nothing man ... LOL

You should have seen the mess I had with the Ex ... back when she wasn't the ex ...

Sometimes it would take whole paychecks to just get to zero. (And I made a 4 place income back then too.)

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 08:47
You see! You see! This is what happens when you're thinking about Latin America while in the shower!!! :icon_lol:

Ken

Willy
March 27th, 2010, 10:53
45 cents is nothing man ... LOL

You should have seen the mess I had with the Ex ... back when she wasn't the ex ...

Sometimes it would take whole paychecks to just get to zero. (And I made a 4 place income back then too.)

Been there myself. She wouldn't work and my paycheck was like monopoly money to her.

Odie
March 28th, 2010, 06:14
Luckily, I got on line this evening to check our bank account.....and found that I had forgotten to write a decent size purchase into our check book log. So, the reality is that our bank account, once the last two purchases clear, will be overdrawn by 45 cents. I have to run to the bank tomorrow to deposit some money....would really burn my biscuits to get a $30 overdraft protection fee because our account was over drawn by 45 cents.

And Deb wonders why I hate doing so much shopping in rapid fire sessions. I prefer to do a bit of shopping, take a day to ensure everything is logged and balanced, then do more shopping. Deb likes to send me out with 5 or 6 stores to hit in one trip....and the result is that I lost a receipt, forgot about a purchase, and now have to make the made dash to the bank to prevent our account from being over drawn....by 45 cents!

OBIO

Two months after we were married, my better half releived me of the checkbook....it's been working for the past 36 years ! :icon_lol: