PDA

View Full Version : A UKMIL post that, well, you tell me.....

Navy Chief
September 29th, 2008, 17:28
I wanted to ask everyone's opinion about a post I just read on the UKMIL site, of which I am a member. The title of the post reads, "The Most Attractive Moving Target"......

Now then, I didn't know what to expect when I went to read this post, but was somewhat surprised to see this screenshot of Air Force One. Am I taking the meaning of this wrong, or does this seem to be a hint of anti-American sentiment?

NC

Henry
September 29th, 2008, 17:32
not having seen the original post
just on your say i would say bad taste
but lets not jump
H

Panther_99FS
September 29th, 2008, 18:10
And in the process...this controversy has now been brought over to SOH forums...:banghead::isadizzy:

Navy Chief
September 29th, 2008, 18:12
Hey, I didn't make the initial post on UKMIL. What is wrong with asking this question?

NC

Wittpilot
September 29th, 2008, 18:16
I do tend to look on the upside of things...so me I think it was probably someone just throwing an idea out there w/ a screenshot and not even thinking about how it was coming across... Obviously a bad choice of words..but it does happen to the best of us...

Unfortunately......... it usually IS some idiot who wants to rock the 'ole boat.....idiots...
-witt

Panther_99FS
September 29th, 2008, 18:19
Hey, I didn't make the initial post on UKMIL. What is wrong with asking this question?

NC

Better to ask it at UKMIL than here.....(Since that is where the initial post is) :mixedsmi:

Dain Arns
September 29th, 2008, 18:43
Probably better asked and debated in the Cantina or Oso's, if not UKMIL. But that is WHY we have those two forums available. Right? :d

Sorry, but there seems to be yet another growing trend towards politically flavored items ending up on Newshawks recently. Lest we receive yet another warning against this practice? :costumes:

MCDesigns
September 29th, 2008, 18:59
Personally, I feel it should be addressed at the UKMil forums to see what they meant actually and then decide what your next move would be. If it is how you think (and I think) it is, I'd have a say alright :banghead:

luckydog
September 29th, 2008, 19:31
Good responses !!

Willy
September 29th, 2008, 21:28
The Cantina wouldn't be a proper place for the question either. As stated above, best to ask at UKMIL

Toastmaker
September 30th, 2008, 05:18
All the abover seems reasonable but, yeah, NavyChief - your first reaction was valid. . .

Navy Chief
September 30th, 2008, 05:28
Did not mean to raise anyone's ire here. But the anti-American attitude from across the pond just gets to me at times.........

NC

Henry
September 30th, 2008, 07:51
After looking at it
i believe it was a little tung in cheek Humor
and a compliment to the 747
although it looks like its getting a little political over there now
Personally the way i see it as someone from over the pond
and a US resident
no intention of anti Americanism
just my view
there are certain times when i can sit on the fence
and see both sides
H

Navy Chief
September 30th, 2008, 08:44
I do appreciate your opinion, Henry. Thank you. Pete

Dain Arns
September 30th, 2008, 15:52
Did not mean to raise anyone's ire here. But the anti-American attitude from across the pond just gets to me at times.........

NC

No ire raised, and I agree with you. Just don't want to raise the ire of Ickie. :costumes: