PDA

View Full Version : Help With KBT F-2A Needed Please!

peter12213
March 26th, 2010, 17:37
Hi guys has anyone done a fix for the canopy of the KBT F-2A, it appears black at night in fsx acceleration. Any help would be much appreciated!

Here is a shot of the problem below!

It's a great aircraft though really nice!

falcon409
March 26th, 2010, 18:02
Peter, I'm downloading a 73meg package right now that claims to be compatible with FSX. If no one else answers by the time I get it downloaded and installed, and the canopy glass is fixed, I'll give you the link.:salute:

Seems like it was an alpha channel fix, but looking at the textures, I don't remember which one it was.

peter12213
March 26th, 2010, 18:19
Thanks Buddy!

If you find you have a problem with the throttle sticking, give me a shout because I've fixed that problem also I've given it the Iris F16 burner effect!:salute:

falcon409
March 26th, 2010, 18:19
Well, I thought this one was fixed, but here's what I noticed. . .with a cold dark cockpit, the canopy transparency is fine, but when you turn on the panel lights, it goes opaque. . .weird. I believe the three dark textures in each of the texture folders are the culprits. Unless someone else has a fix, I'm going to tinker with those to see if that fixes the problem.:salute:

One other note Peter: There "is" a switch in the cockpit to turn off the pilot in the VC, but it also removes him from the exterior view as well, so, unfortunately, this may not be something you'll hang onto after all. Still working on the canopy fix though.

peter12213
March 27th, 2010, 03:41
Yeah I figuered the pilot switch out almost straight away, and for me is an excellent model, the only drawback is the night textures, so its day time only flights from now until a possable fix is worked out, its definately a keeper though! If you get anywhere with a fix please let me know mate! :salute:

Daube
March 27th, 2010, 09:42
I have written the name of the texture in the other F-2 topic. It's the f2_05_*.bmp that is problematic :)