PDA

View Full Version : FX10 Install for new computer

langshan
March 26th, 2010, 12:11
Ok,

I have all of my parts in for the new computer. Now for FX10. I have it, once I have installed it, I can just install FX10 Acceleration or should I do the SP1 update first? Trying to remember. Sorry for my memory cells going bad. I blame it on too much fun while in the Navy. =S=

NoNewMessages
March 26th, 2010, 12:52
You didn't mention the OS, but PLEASE don't install in the \Program Files folders.

Install FSX RTM, start the sim and let it build all the indexes that it needs. Shut down and install FSXA. You're good to go. Others will mention rebooting between RTM and FSXA, but I've not had any problems without a reboot. My problems pop up elsewhere...

langshan
March 26th, 2010, 13:43
You didn't mention the OS, but PLEASE don't install in the \Program Files folders.

Install FSX RTM, start the sim and let it build all the indexes that it needs. Shut down and install FSXA. You're good to go. Others will mention rebooting between RTM and FSXA, but I've not had any problems without a reboot. My problems pop up elsewhere...

Ah now I remember. I will be running Windows 7 professional.

Thanks

harleyman
March 28th, 2010, 05:33

After the FSX Installe..After it loads and you fly a flight briefly, you should always defragg..rebotting is optional..

Do the same for Acceleration and all other lage installs that are tecture overwrights too!

langshan
March 28th, 2010, 08:02
Cool Thanks again.