PDA

View Full Version : Any SOH administrator...

aeromed202
March 24th, 2010, 10:05
Is there a problem with attaching files you know of? It might just be my browser. Also could someone explain to this village idiot how to delete attachments in the waiting area or attached in error? Thanks a bunch.

jmig
March 24th, 2010, 12:46
Hi Aeromed. I know they have been some weird glitches with the uploads and downloads of files and attachments. I also know that these issues are being addressed.

Does have have anything to do with your problem? I don;t know. I will send this up the food chain to have it looked into.

Moparmike
March 24th, 2010, 15:17
I'm still not quite sure how the new file upload manager dialog works. I haven't had any problems with it yet.
The instructions say that any unused attachment files that you upload to the "home" folder will be deleted after an hour of not being attached to a post. I suspect this is correct since I had uploaded a couple of files a while back that didn't get used and they're no longer in my holding area.

If you so choose, you can switch back to the old style file attachment dialog.
Go to your user settings page, find General Settings on the sidebar and down at the very bottom of that page you will see the option to turn on/off the enhanced upload manager.
Maybe give this a try to see if you still have problems attaching a file to your post.

Henry
March 24th, 2010, 16:19
that seems correct Mike
i like the new cos it has a preview
but the old works
H

aeromed202
March 25th, 2010, 04:00
What ended up happening was I couldn't distinguish between two similar attachments in the manager box or delete either of them (That was my main question-how to delete attachments I'm done with). I picked one but in preview it looked like it didn't take but it did show up when posted. So I'll take some time to review the procedure and see if I'm just not drinking enough coffee.

Thanks for the help.

Moparmike
March 25th, 2010, 06:46
What ended up happening was I couldn't distinguish between two similar attachments in the manager box or delete either of them (That was my main question-how to delete attachments I'm done with). I picked one but in preview it looked like it didn't take but it did show up when posted.

Yeah, I know what ya mean with similar files in the manager box. I argued with that a couple times posting the Duenna validation files for the RTW race. I had nearly a dozen screenshots that all looked the same and I mixed em up several times.

As for deleting used or unused attachments...
You can also go to your user settings page and scroll way down to the bottom of the left-hand sidebar list. Under the Miscellaneous category you should see Attachments. Click on that and you will get a list of attachments that you can select and delete as desired. It's not a graphical manager, just a list showing the filename, where used, date posted, etc... You can click on the filename and get a preview of the file though.
Sorry, I was only half-awake when I posted yesterday and I forgot all about this.

aeromed202
March 25th, 2010, 10:47
Thanks Mike, that miscellaneous link worked fine.