PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on off-line single player mode?

Duckie
March 22nd, 2010, 04:54
I've been anxious to learn more about RoF from a users stand point rather than all the promoters. Not much happening I guess?

I'd be interested to hear some opinions from the SOH community on the latest "patch" or "update" that includes off-line single player mode.

Is it worth the bucks? I want to fly, not fight with the DRM or worry about if my internet connect is going b to be good / reliable enough to keep me flying. The screen shots look awesome but how does it fly?

Duckie

Emil Frand
March 22nd, 2010, 16:58
I have it on my puter in case the person that gave to me as gift comes over and asks to see it, other than that I tried it and tried it and gave it one more shot but it doesnt do a thing for me. Its the prettiest game with the prettiest graphics I dont play. You need a screamin machine to keep it going, its geared towards SP and to me its overly compilcated. It was a pain from the start with just registering. I wouldnt buy it or recommend it but Ive no doubt the next reply will claim its stellar and a great game. There is a demo version you can try.

txnetcop
March 23rd, 2010, 10:51
Honestly, I can't explain it either. I had it going for about three weeks and like the guy above this post said...it's the prettiest game I could care less about. I had Wings of Glory, Red Baron and OFF but after a couple of weeks it just got old. I don't know why. I have all the latest updates. I bought two planes but I just don't care. I was a GA pilot for 12 years and I guess FSX with the FTX and FSADDON just keeps drawing me back. Is it worth it, I think so if you think you will stick with it. The flight modeling is top drawer and the VCs are out of this world. The terrain is awesome. I wish I knew why I can't get into it. I had no trouble registering the OFFLINE AI is great as well.
Ted

Snuffy
March 23rd, 2010, 12:15
I haven't tried the offline stuff ...

I got the update and then someone opened their mouth about train sims, .... and ... well ... I haven't been in the air since.

LOL.

gajit
March 24th, 2010, 09:13
Same here - I have not touched FSX or ROF since playing with the coo coos :ernae:

Duckie
March 25th, 2010, 07:31
Thanks for the replies, guys! ( not a line in a Paul Simon song!) :kilroy:

I absolutely do not need another pretty game not to play!

As twisted as it may seem your replies make perfect sense to me!:icon_lol:

Cheers,
Duckie