PDA

View Full Version : Mooney Mite Radio Stack

falcon409
March 21st, 2010, 19:04
I seem to remember this being a problem on another of Tim's airplanes and now I see it on the Mite. In the VC, the frequencies show on the Comm/Nav_Transponder and DME, but I can't swap the Active Nav freq.

I tried swapping out radios in FSPanel Studio, but they seem to be hardcoded because when I went back to the sim, the same radios were still in place but I could see the new ones behind them. Anyone aware of a fix for this?

falcon409
March 22nd, 2010, 03:19
:bump::bump:

PRB
March 22nd, 2010, 04:35
Here is the radios section of the aircraft.cfg for the A-1H. The red numbers specify whether or not the nav radios have a stanby freq feature. If these numbers are zero, as they are here, and you put in a radio gauge that has a stanby freq capability, you won't be able to swap feqs. That's what I would check first, and set to 1 and see what happens.

[Radios]
Audio.1=1
Com.1=1,0
Com.2=1,0
Nav.1=1,0,1
Nav.2=1,0,1
Adf.1=1,0
Adf.2=0,0
Transponder.1=1
Marker.1=1

falcon409
March 22nd, 2010, 05:22
Thanks Paul, I had already looked at that and everything was fine. It's kinda weird cause the radio's in the VC look like poor bmp's with the numbers window the only active part of the radio and I can only change the standby freq, but then there's no way to swap. . .even the keystroke for changing the freq's has no effect. Also, completely removing and replacing the radios in FSPanel Studio has no effect because when I reload the aircraft, the same old radio faces are showing, that's why I made the statement in my initial post that it looked as though the radio was hard coded in the model.

Maybe Tim will chime in here sometime or someone who has the Mite and surely must have the same problem. . .unless there was a fix that isn't posted!!!!:salute:

Thanks again Paul!

Cazzie
March 22nd, 2010, 06:04
Duh, what's a radio? :icon_lol:

Seriously, I am terrible, I will use a GPS, but a radio, I am not fitting!

My brother uses them all the time when he sims here, but he's usually flying a twin like the Baron or LH's Viking. I shall look into it, however.

Caz