PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Worthy

Devildog73
March 21st, 2010, 17:16
I was going to comment on the newshawks forum but my account does not have permission to post to it.

Oh well, I will just stick with CFS2 I guess.

For those of you that know, what are the MAW, OFF, ETO, and other enhancements that they are talking about for CFS3?

Are they such that I should reload it onto one of my computers and once again try to get past the first mission?

Are they such that I COULD get past the first mission?

leroy10
March 21st, 2010, 17:29
We were hoping you wouldn't notice DD :jump::jump: That's the forum we use to pay out on you. :wiggle:

Just kidding buddy I'm sure the powers to be will it sorted out for you ASAP.

Cheers
Lindsay

Cody Coyote
March 22nd, 2010, 07:22
OFF expands CFS3 into World War I in a way that you probably didn't think was possible with the original CFS3 engine. They have a dedicated forum over at Combat Ace. That would be a good place to go for all of your OFF related questions.

http://forum.combatace.com/forum/206-over-flanders-fields/

Rami
March 22nd, 2010, 08:44
Devildog,

I passed along your issue to the whiz kids. :salute:

mariereid
March 22nd, 2010, 09:57
I don't use cfs3 anymore. I tried installing MAW more times than enough. After downloading and installing all that stuff, there was something that just would not work. Just once, I would have liked to have a look at it.:ernae:

Moparmike
March 22nd, 2010, 13:59
Devildog,

Most of the time that "you don't have permission" error pops up if your cookies for the site get corrupted.
Try dumping your cookies and browser cache and log back into the site. See if this clears up the problem.
Your user account looks just fine and we don't have anything in place keeping regular members from posting in any of the normal forums so I suspect it is a cookie issue.

Otherwise, we are still having the occasional forum database hiccup. These usually happen when one of the admins is working on the forum. Sometimes you still need to do a cookie/cache flush to clear them up.

Hope this helps.

Devildog73
March 23rd, 2010, 17:30
Okay I can post on all the newshawks EXCEPT the polls. I can vote on the polls, but cannot make a comment on them. Thanks Moparmike. I generally clean out my cookies on exit from browsers, but once I did it in the browser I was able to post except for the polls.

BTW, read my entry on the VIRUS ALERT.

Search your HD for AVE.EXE.
It is the bug that they are talking about disabling MS Firewall and antivirus. It shows its name as "XP antimalware".
It sees all of our CFS2 aircraft as worms and trojans and wants to delete them.
I have Safer Networking Spybot S&D on my PC, Norton endpoint program, HiJack This. Spybot finds part of it scanning in safe mode, but not all of it. It leaves the two files I mention above.
DELETE THESE TWO FILES, in fact, if you have a shredder, shred them.