PDA

View Full Version : lowering pby5's question

dog1
November 8th, 2008, 03:46
hi,
How do you lower a PBY which has its wheels up but is about a meter of the water level when placed as a static object?
dog1

dog1
November 8th, 2008, 03:52
image below of parked catalina

bearcat241
November 8th, 2008, 05:06
Amin, you'll need to create a new stand-alone model for a static Cat. Then modify the aircraft.cfg contact points to deactivate the gear. Even if your static model has wheels up, the sim will still try to respect the contact points of the still-active gear.

dog1
November 8th, 2008, 07:46
If thats the case i'll place them as per image above.
dog1

Jagdflieger
November 8th, 2008, 09:33
The VB Cat will sit on the water without modification. Don't know why, but it does.

Captain Tenneal
November 8th, 2008, 10:04
how do you make a library object? because Ill make a PBY sittin in the water for you DOG1

bearcat241
November 8th, 2008, 11:27
You don't need a new libobj Cap...just make a static AI version Dog, like i described above. Place it like any other parked plane at a base site. All you have to do is delete the first three contact points in the cfg and renumber the points as before the deletions. What this does is force the gear deactivation so the plane will have to sit on its body float points instead of its three wheel points. You can also experiment with Ivan's MDLC to scasm the mdl and convert it into a bgl....the first option is easier.

Captain Tenneal
November 8th, 2008, 12:45
Hoss
Making the model to just sit in that water I don't think is that hard as you said TY :mixedsmi:

The reason I was wantin to make a Lib Obj was to save on planes in the aircraft folder.
can you just make the aircraft a bgl from the start with fsds?

bearcat241
November 8th, 2008, 13:08
Yeah, by all means do it!!!...if that's what you want and you got the handle, why not? I just wanted to give you and Dog the shortie if you wanted it.

Jagdflieger
November 8th, 2008, 14:40
Great idea Captain. No need for weapons, 2d or vc panel and I'm sure you could get rid of a lot of polygons too.

I've been using the old F1 Catalina and B-17d aeroplanes for this purpose, but they are getting a little aged and as they were never released as freeware, I can't use them in any scenery or missions that get uploaded.

dog1
November 9th, 2008, 01:58
i'll do some testing on the crashaz model due to its nice skin and fps.