PDA

View Full Version : Help with Position Lights?????

MisterKleen
March 21st, 2010, 00:40
I do not know what happened but my position lights on all of my aircraft are big square boxes. The colors are right, the position is right but they are boxes with a translucent "flight simulator" messages through them????? I have not installed any aircraft recently and I do run in DX10 only!!!! If I knew how to post a screen grab I would have. Any help would be wonderful!!!!

Thanks
MisterKleen

FlameOut
March 21st, 2010, 03:29
MisterKleen,

It might very well be a driver problem. The only aircraft that I have that displays as you've described is my copy of Bill's Wittman Tailwind, and only at night. I'm currently using NVIDIA's 195.62 driver. I rolled back to the 191.07 & the 190.38...same display results ! I even had the newest version 196.21... same results. I know this was not much help. Oh, I did not use any sort of driver cleaner software, I just installed one driver after the other. I know that is not the way one is to properly install drivers. :crybaby:

falcon409
March 21st, 2010, 06:56
It could also be that somehow the effects file "fx" for your position lights has become corrupted or deleted. Check your aircraft.cfg file in the [lights] section for the name of the fx file and then check your "effects" folder to be sure it's there.