PDA

View Full Version : Happy First day of Spring

Cazzie
March 20th, 2010, 13:56
for all of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

It's been most overdue here.

Caz

Forsythia (also called "Yellow Bells" here)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/yellowbell.jpg

txnetcop
March 20th, 2010, 13:59
Would you believe me if I told you it is going to snow in Texas this evening and tomorrow?
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Snuffy
March 20th, 2010, 14:02
Sure wish it would snow in North FLA ...

rpjkw
March 20th, 2010, 14:15
Four inches of snow this morning in central New Mexico, but it's all melted now. Ted, if your temperatures have been near 60 this weekend, what snow you get will be gone quickly.

Bob

Cazzie
March 20th, 2010, 14:41
Would you believe me if I told you it is going to snow in Texas this evening and tomorrow?
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Two weeks ago Ted. March in the sub-tropics, what can I can I say? Could be 5 inches in the ground next week. But a March snow is a here today, gone tomorrow snow in my area.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/lastsnow.jpg

Blackbird686
March 20th, 2010, 15:32
We got 6" in good ol' Denver, Colorado yesterday. Today, it's about 45 degrees and the snow is melting faster than it came down.
It's getting on towards Autumn, (Fall... for those of you in the cheap seats, lol :p:) in Australia, which is where most of my flight simming takes place. I took my trusty RealAir Spit for a romp from Cairns to Townsville... clear skies, albeit a bit windy.

BB686:USA-flag:

lifejogger
March 20th, 2010, 15:50
Welcome to spring, it snowed here last night and today.

GT182
March 20th, 2010, 15:51
No snow here in Delaware. 81 here at the house this afternoon and not a cloud in the sky. A most gorgeous day. :d

I did see one of the first Great Blue Herons to return today too..... time to cover the Koi pond. :running:

Willy
March 20th, 2010, 16:07
It was over 70 this afternoon. So, we saddled up the horses for the first ride of the year. And I could sure tell that my mare Ruby has had too much time off and we've now got a laundry list of things to work on. But I'm tickled that I stayed on for her crazyness. It was bad enough that when I got off at the halfway point to stretch my legs, I seriously thought about walking her back to the barn, but figured if I did, I wouldn't want to get back on later. So, I got back up there and she was better behaved on the way back home.

Supposed to cool off and rain tonight. Winter's last hurrah.

mfitch
March 20th, 2010, 16:46
It is in the 40's here with a light breeze and lots of sunshine. My wife and I walked around Lakes Hood and Spenard to enjoy it. A lot of people were out flying. We watched a number of take-off and landings on both the dirt strip and the (frozen) lake. It is great fun.

bpfowler
March 20th, 2010, 17:40
sunny and 70s in Seattle area, blossoms on all the flowering plums and cherry trees, and the tulip trees in full bloom as well. rain tomorrow, so back to reality.

Boy I remember those spring icestorms in NC. Cant say I miss them. But the Piedmont in flower is exceptionally pretty.

Ken Stallings
March 20th, 2010, 17:50
Ted
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

You bet I would, especially considering it laid three inches in my yard last night!

Fortunately, the warm temps today melted almost all of it.

Ken

txnetcop
March 20th, 2010, 17:59
That is one thing I have really enjoyed this winter. We have had three snow storms and the longest any of them stayed on the ground was around 3 days. This one has already started but it's not really accumulating and prolly gone by tomorrow noon. This has been a very cool winter and now spring for us thus far and I'm not complaining summer is always a ...well you know!
Ted

crashaz
March 20th, 2010, 18:00
Snowing... unbelievable!!

Moses03
March 20th, 2010, 18:03
Snowing... unbelievable!!

Yup, the yard is already lightly covered here. Was wearing shorts yesterday doing some yardwork. :isadizzy:

Bjoern
March 20th, 2010, 19:20
Finally, longer and more photon showers! :jump:

cheezyflier
March 20th, 2010, 20:11
we had flurries today for about 10 minutes but i think it was a high altitude storm or something because it didn't feel that cold down on the ground. i finally fixed the flat on my bike today. no more walking to 2 different grocery stores. now i can pull the trailer behind the bike. saves alot of time, and pain in the ankle

limjack
March 20th, 2010, 20:20
AAAAAAACHUEEEE! That's how my nose celebrates the first day of spring.

jmig
March 21st, 2010, 05:34
This was one of our maple trees yesterday.

MudMarine
March 21st, 2010, 05:36
BOO-HOO, move to Buffalo NY if you think your winters are bad, discover what real misery is!!:icon_lol: The ice is finally off the pond but the snow banks are still here.

OBIO
March 21st, 2010, 08:26
I spent the first day of spring up to my neck in cleaning supplies.....the living room is spotless and looks great! One room down, 4 to go!

The Greater Blue Heron that frequents our pond has been around for a couple weeks now, the Geese returned a few days ago, Friday Deb and I heard the Spring Peepers (little frogs) in a marsh down the road from us...so it won't be long before our marsh is filled with their songs, the Red Wing Black Birds have been back for a couple weeks, Robins are here, was just outside and saw birds gathering nest building materials.

Yep...Spring is here!