PDA

View Full Version : Epic Victory Mini Biz Jet Released!

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:06
The hangers are slowly rolled open. Its a beautiful day out. A calm breeze, birds singing, the sky is blue, just a couple of clouds up there in the skies.

The wheels are unchocked. The guys roll the sleek new plane out of the hanger onto the tarmac. New tires, the smell of new paint and wax, new plastic, expensive Connolly leather. The sun bounces off the new bird with laser like reflections. The team quit pushing, letting the plane come to stop. One of the team places chocks under the tires while another removes the pitot flags and then the turbine cover plug at the intake of the huge Formula One like intake scoop high on the roof of the plane. Another technician unlocks the door, opening the top part first, then the bottom half of the clamshell like door, flipping the step pads out as it rotates to full open position.

The test pilot climbs in and flips on the switches. The fuel pumps come to life with a lite whine. A gyro hum can be heard, spooling up with its super faint, turbine like sound. The craft is coming to life, its vital signs showing. The pilot flips on the Avionics rocker switch and 4, high technology, digital LCD screens come to life like 4 computer screens, their bootup wallpaper coming up first, then their readout screens, showing airframe and speeds and map data, as they hum and come to life, gathering their data.

Meanwhile, the gray haired developer that was in charge of the building of the plane, walks around the plane nervously, like a dad about to give his daughter away in a wedding. Sweat pulsing out of his forehead, he can feel his gray eyebrows harden with stress, almost making lite sounds like an old oak tree's branches creaking. He whipes the sweat from his forehead. Its now or never. He could just keep it in the hanger for another week. Might have been less stressful... hmm.... It is time... Its been checked over and checked over. She is flying right. Its time to release the girl into the world...

www.lionheartcreations.com/Victory

continued below.....

boxcar
March 20th, 2010, 10:09
.... I'm in!!.. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-108.gif

.... Paid for via PayPal & downloading now. . http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Victory.html (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Victory.html)

Chacha
March 20th, 2010, 10:14
Finally! :ernae:

Where is the link...? Mr. Lionheart?

Dain Arns
March 20th, 2010, 10:24
Fantastic Bill! Thank you very much for another great addon for the FSX community.:applause:
Looking at the new pics I can see why you wanted to model it.
She has great lines, doesn't she. :icon_lol:

Its on my list.
Hopefully one day very soon, I can get that list whittled back down. :running:

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:25
This is the Epic Victory mini biz jet, classified as a VLJ or Very Lite Jet. She is a new, 5 passenger aircraft, powered by a small Pratt and Whitney turbine jet engine.

She has a pure carbon fiber airframe, from nose to tail. Two men can pick up the fuselage structure with one arm each when its comes out of the oven, cured and ready for assembly.

This package features 12 paint schemes, perhaps 6 or 8 different interior paint schemes, and 5 different instrument panel themes, featuring glossy carbon fiber, dove grey metal, Walnut burled veneer, Teak veneer, and Cheery wood veneer. One interior almsot mimicks Ferrari's luxurious Connolly 'mustard yellow on black' leather interior styling.

The avionics feature the Garmin G1000 glass panel system, the TruTrak Sorceror state of the art, talking (female) Auto Pilot with programmable subsystems, and a new MVP-50 engine systems monitoring center complete with two page system and programmable Chronograph.

The soundpack is by the famous Kirk Olsson from his F-16 package. It was retuned 'slightly' for the Epic Victory. I had always loved that soundpack and I wanted it for the Vic badly. Kirk gave me permission for using it. Thanks Kirk. (salutes). The interior will at first seem quiet. This is because she is pressurized and the small jet is tucked way back in the rear under the rudder. So sound will be very low in the front cockpit of this sleek thing.

She features a built in Checklist system in the center MFD screen. (Click on CHKLIST and use PAGE UP and PAGE DN keys to scroll through 10 pages of data and checklists).

She will fly similar to the Epic LT, and 'not' a Lear. I was able to create a hybrid (yes, fancy sounding, eh?) airfile, copy/pasting over some of the tables and engine data into the Epic LT's airfile, creating a jet version aircraft which performs more like a plane with a regular small planes CG setup. If you like the way the Epic flew, this will be similar, though the nose will dive a bit in turns like a slippery dart would do...

The models exterior mesh, you will notice is very dang sharp, and is 'precise' to the actual plane. This is because Rick Schrameck (CEO of Epic Aircraft) sent me DWG files of the actual plane, and I was able to hire famed mesh artist John MacNeil to create the planes exterior from the drawing files. John does all those fancy prototype aircraft on the front of Mechanics Illustrated, Popular Science, etc.

Team members on this project are;
Rick Schrameck.........................Permission to do this
Dwight Furleigh.........................Instrumentation guru who endured my weighting him down with my wild gauge ideas
John MacNeil.............................Exterior model mesh
Bill Leaming..............................Guidence and 2D Panel; Sound system; Nav Lights
Ryan from Epic Aircraft..............Photos and telling me what everything is
Michael Hooper.........................Epic Test Pilot; tons of input
Nick Churchill............................Famed screenshot artist; screenshots

Thanks team!

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:27
Here are some pics of the bird...

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_029-945x612.jpg
Red; Banking

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_058-945x604.jpg
Britain in flight

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_040-945x609.jpg
Black; Taxiing

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot5502-979x588.jpg
Walnut Panel

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_025-979x579.jpg
Gray Panel

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_050-978x630.jpg
MVP 50 engine monitor center

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:28
Some more pics....

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot0607-979x584.jpg
Cherry wood veneer

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot0975-979x574.jpg
Carbon Fiber

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot2845-979x591.jpg
Checklist system; new

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_044-979x632.jpg
Ferrari like interior

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot0714-979x631.jpg
Presidential style interior

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_060-978x630.jpg
Front Nose Closeup

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:28
One last photo..

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/epic_victory_037-978x630.jpg
Parked mode, suit cases deployed.

cheezyflier
March 20th, 2010, 10:31
i'm going there right now woohooo!!!!!!:jump::applause:

pilottj
March 20th, 2010, 10:37
on my way too :D

Rezabrya
March 20th, 2010, 10:38
Downloading now :)

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:39
For bug catchers; I am way ahead of you (I hope).

The aircraft will appear to slide on her nose tire in turns. Use less steering input. She is extremely light and tends to scoot on her tire if you over do the steering input. If this can be improved, it will come out in an update. But as it stands, with her weight and balance set, this is how she does in turns. Be gentle.

There is a 2D 'wide screen' setup for people with wide screen monitors. Easy to configure. Take out the 'aircraft.cfg' file from the folder marked 'Wide Screen 2D Panels' folder in the main Epic_Victory folder, and drop that into the main Victory folder. It is now in wide screen mode. Its best you keep a copy in that folder. If you want the older version back, there is another folder called 'Regular 2D Panel'. Copy out that config file into the Victory folder to get normal 2D panels back. There are 2 2D panels 'each'. One is wood, one is gray. We didnt do all 5 and normally people rarely use the 2D panels anyways.

You cant find the checklist? yep, thats right. :d its in the MFD screen now like on the actual Garmin system. Click 'CHK LIST' and then PAGE UP and PAGE DN to go through the 10 pages of onboard checklist data and mini tutorials.

XM Radio system is built into the panel as like in the Epic LT.

There is a cool panel thing I created (myself by the way) that is a Remote Command Console. Mainly it was made so that you can watch the front and rear cowlings float off (magically) from the planes fuselage from outside of the plane. It can also bring up the fuel truck as well as call up your female pilot, and a few other options. It makes noises too. (love that part).

There are a huge list of FAQ's at the Victory webpage, here; www.lionheartcreations.com/Victory

The plane is not yet up at PCAviator.com and SimMarket.com It should be soon. I emailed them, but havent heard back. Please be patient.

Bill

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 10:54
Side notes;

Your new plane will hold only 200 gallons. The wings are smaller then the Epic LT's. The turbine will give you a range of 1200 miles if you hold her to 250 Knots 'indicated' at say FL 280, (cieling). The distance will make it. I certified that myself.

She will rotate under 100 knots, and she stalls clean at 74 Knots, flaps up.

You can hide the steering yokes if you dont have TrackIR. I highly recommend getting TrackIR though. (awesome.... just plain awesome).

The fuel selector may read 'OFF' position occasionally. This is a built in bug with FSX. It has 'startup' position at Left. If you do not use that, it will read OFF enven though its in Both position. Bill Leaming produced some cool code that gets around this, but occasionally it will still read OFF. Just 'left' click the knob to Both and you should be good to go. (Use left click and right click to rotate it. Dont try dragging it or mouse wheeling it. Just left and right clicking).

The paint kit and graphics performance package are not online yet. The manual is if you would like to check it out. It is available here; http://lionheartworld.net/ev/Epic_Victory_Manual.pdf 40+ Pages. I tried to be 'to the point' and not bore people. (tried.... ).

Addtional note; When taking off and when landing, YOU MUST HAVE THE Auto Pilot OFF. This means, having the green screen on the AP 'black', not green (on). The AP has a 'armed' mode and a 'on' mode. The rocker switch on the left bank of black rocker switches on the instrument panel by the pilots yoke 'powers up' the AP and arms it. The AP button on the AP's face plate turns on the actual system, making it active. However (important part here), with AP button off, and the rocker switch on, (green LCD screen glowing green), your AP will be in 'Wing Leveler Mode'. You must turn this unit off at the rocker switch (LCD screen turns black) and then you have full yoke control.

You can preprogram your ALT (SEL) and your TRK (heading) before taking off. Use the knob to rotate to selections, click on system to set (SEL and TRK) but do not use the 'lock into system' center click on the knob. Only click on the system selection, such as SEL, then dial it in, then turn off the subsystem (SEL), same for TRK. Then turn off the unit. Take-off, stabilize your climbout, then turn on the AP, turn on SEL, click center of Knob to lock/enter setting, repeat for TRK. All settings will be held in the memory buffer.

The windows look wacky at first. Note that the front perspex is tinted 'gold' for maximum UV protection of the pilot. It also has a dark tinting along the top. The rear windows are dark tinted like the real plane. The interior shows a lighter tinting, easier to see out of.

The iPad is not real. They arent out yet. That is a cardboard mockup....

I think thats all.

Bill

boxcar
March 20th, 2010, 11:11
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/v2.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/v4.jpg

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 11:12
For those wishing a CD Backup copy of their purchase, LHC now have a supplier that offer this service. The charge is $12.00 and includes your shipping. As soon as that is activated, it will be posted on the Victory webpage.

Nice picture BoxCar!

Bill

Ferry_vO
March 20th, 2010, 11:14
Looks great Bill; I've downloaded and payed it, but now I need to go to a concert to do some photo shooting. Will have to wait to fly her until I get home. :ernae:

One tiny comment: It is possible now to pay with Paypal using the Flight1 wrapper and a Flight1 account. Very easy to do, and in case of a new version you don't have to request more downloads from payloadz first.

Skittles
March 20th, 2010, 11:19
Lionheart can I give you a quick bit of feedback - although I havn't bought it and most likely will not be able to afford to do so;

The layout of your website is extremely difficult! Scrolling through to find prices and download links etc is never a good thing. Chuck all that at the top of the page and if people are interested they'll go through and have a look and all the screenies etc.

Good luck with your aircraft, I hope it does well. It certainly looks great.

Paul_Yorks
March 20th, 2010, 11:19
Looks beautiful.

We are spoilt for choice with addons at the moment. How FSX has come of age, compared with even 12 months ago.

N2056
March 20th, 2010, 11:37
Congratulations on the release! :ernae:
The Victory is a lot of fun. I know the amount of effort it took you to build, and it shows. From one builder to another...:salute:

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 11:41
Thanks guys for the kind words.

Lionheart can I give you a quick bit of feedback - although I havn't bought it and most likely will not be able to afford to do so;

The layout of your website is extremely difficult! Scrolling through to find prices and download links etc is never a good thing. Chuck all that at the top of the page and if people are interested they'll go through and have a look and all the screenies etc.

Good luck with your aircraft, I hope it does well. It certainly looks great.

Hey Skittles,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll think about a better way for people to navigate to the planes department.

I should have posted a link to the plane. I'll do that now.

Bill

pilottj
March 20th, 2010, 11:46
just took her for a ride around the block, great handling plane :D I thought she wouldnt be quite as spritely as the LT, lol I was wrong. I also thought without spoilers that slick little plane wouldnt want to slow down but those flaps are like dive brakes lol, was able to short field land well under 1000' Takeoff distance seemed comperable to the LT. While she may not quite have the range or the speed of the LT she certianly is a great entry into the VLJ category and can get you in an out of just about any typical GA airport. Very easy aircraft to fly too, one engine lever vs 3 from the LT, definately a great bird for piston pilots looking to transition into turbine. My avatar would look good in that copilot seat of this spaceage looking craft...lol bill you think you can give the pax antenna...i'll paint her blue? haha

Cheers
TJ

Dain Arns
March 20th, 2010, 11:48
Bill, I have always thought your website is straightforward, professional looking, and really very stylish.
I have never had any difficulties navigating it. For what it's worth, IMHO, I wouldn't change a thing. :salute:

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 11:51
just took her for a ride around the block, great handling plane :D I thought she wouldnt be quite as spritely as the LT, lol I was wrong. I also thought without spoilers that slick little plane wouldnt want to slow down but those flaps are like dive brakes lol, was able to short field land well under 1000' Takeoff distance seemed comperable to the LT. While she may not quite have the range or the speed of the LT she certianly is a great entry into the VLJ category and can get you in an out of just about any typical GA airport. Very easy aircraft to fly too, one engine lever vs 3 from the LT, definately a great bird for piston pilots looking to transition into turbine.

With just 200 gallons and a turbine jet, I thought 1200 NM was really good. Perhaps too good. I tested it from Phoenix (Deer Valley) to Chicago International KORD, which is just over 1200 NM. Cant imagine flying that far in such a small plane, at that altitude.

My avatar would look good in that copilot seat...lol bill you think you can give the pax antenna...i'll paint her blue? haha

Cheers
TJ

Oh man... We'll see. The blue skin is no problem. ;)

I did have an extra set of eyes in the girls head that I had forgotten about. When she would look around, this gold sphere would come out of her ear, like some sort of implant... Bad alien ubduction gone horrible...

Bill, I have always thought your website is straightforward, professional looking, and really very stylish.
I have never had any difficulties navigating it. For what it's worth, IMHO, I wouldn't change a thing.

Dain Arns

Roger. I was thinking of just sprucing up the site. Some new buttons...

n4gix
March 20th, 2010, 11:59
The Epic Victory at 33MO after leaving the Avionics Shop:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8471/epic2dws000005.jpg

pilottj
March 20th, 2010, 12:01
lol yeah the range is perfect for that bird. after the usual flight briefing room cup of coffee or two i wouldnt last longer than DVT - ORD either...not without the optional lav. I had a hard enough time going PRC - DUG+ distance trips in a 172 when I was at ERAU :d

glennc
March 20th, 2010, 12:01
Bill,

Another masterpiece!! One flight so far, Bend to KHIO. So sweet.

Here's your big deal of the day - Epic logo on the rear facing seat is reversed, at least on the one I flew. I'll just but a little doily over it.

How can I get an Epic cup?

Glenn

clmooring
March 20th, 2010, 12:07
Bill

:applause:

Just bought the Victory, good name. Beautiful model, lots of goodies. I have just taken off.... havent landed, the NCAA tournament is calling.

I am sure I will rack up the time quickly.

Thanks for a great plane and a great value.

Chuck

mike_cyul
March 20th, 2010, 12:08
Congrats, Bill! A masterpiece! :applause:

Mike

gecko65
March 20th, 2010, 12:20
Simply . . . AWESOME!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Gdavis101
March 20th, 2010, 12:35
Looks fantastic Bill!

krazycolin
March 20th, 2010, 12:50
She's so pretty!!!!! When the Ipad is released, will you update your model?

(Congrats Bill, nicely done)

kc

WF442
March 20th, 2010, 13:42
Congrats on the release Bill! :applause:

She is a beut to behold and to fly. I have one small issue though. Not sure if I did something wrong on engine shutdown, but I couldn`t hear any shutdown sounds. Other than that, just WOW!

regards
Bjørn E.

CG_1976
March 20th, 2010, 14:02
Congratulations on release Bill, she is perfect. I'll pick up in a hour from Deer Valley and fly her home to Yellowknife were she will join Yellowknife 1 and 2.:salute:

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 14:03
Congrats on the release Bill!

She is a beut to behold and to fly. I have one small issue though. Not sure if I did something wrong on engine shutdown, but I couldn`t hear any shutdown sounds. Other than that, just WOW!

regards
Bjørn E.

Hey Bjoern,

The interior shut down sound is so 'very' faint, that you cant hardly hear it. It goes from blower sound to nearly quiet. If you turn it up, you should hear it. Out side, you hear the spool down, similar to a bearing noise. Its not a typical jet sound, which is what I like about it.

joanvalley
March 20th, 2010, 14:40
Another great product Bill et al, but. there's always a but, I hate the magically disappearing pilot. Bill, your pilots must hate your choice of aircraft because they can't wait to get out as soon as you start shutting off the plane, LOL! Great one mate!

Congrats,

Jose.

WF442
March 20th, 2010, 14:44
Hey Bjoern,

The interior shut down sound is so 'very' faint, that you cant hardly hear it. It goes from blower sound to nearly quiet. If you turn it up, you should hear it. Out side, you hear the spool down, similar to a bearing noise. Its not a typical jet sound, which is what I like about it.

Thanks for the quick reply Bill.
I`ll make sure to crank up the volume next time. :jump:
Now all I have to do is sit down and wait for the paintkit. The texture mapping on this one looks promising. Lots of potential for some awesome skins.

regards¨
Bjørn E.

Old Crow
March 20th, 2010, 14:50
Bill ......... :salute:

Without Question, The most Beautiful and Sexy Aircraft I have yet seen. :applause:
On my way to purchase. :running:

pilottj
March 20th, 2010, 14:53
lol yeah I took it to some of the more challenging airports like Saba, St Barts, Bear Gulch and Lukla...It handles them with ease almost as if it has some Kodiak blood in it lol :D

with the dissapearing pilot, maybe the passenger is a rated pilot and likes to fly right seat solo...maybe she is a CFI checking out our pilot...hehe :)

cheers
TJ

Overshoe
March 20th, 2010, 15:29
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I have to wait for the 25th. I'm out of spending cash.:banghead:

warchild
March 20th, 2010, 15:50
::LOL:: i gotta wait till the third of the month:: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Seriously, i'm gonna move heaven n hell to get this. I know this is the highest quality standard out there and have nothing but desire for it..

Akatsuki
March 20th, 2010, 17:12
The more i watch this bird the more i like it's design, to the point that i'm going to get her...
Well done Bill!:salute:

boxcar
March 20th, 2010, 17:15
We're having a lot of fun @ FlightSim on her release thread: http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=210923

Will make it a point to create a good flight post the Epic Victory there after getting more familiar with her .

Wonderful addition to my hanger, Bill. Thank you for another quality product. May she do well for you!

Lionheart
March 20th, 2010, 21:49
Hey all,

Paint kits are up now. There are three links on the Victory webpage;
* Exterior (Fuselage and wings) About 60 Megs
* Interior (ALL cabin textures and panel textures; includes seats, carpet, etc) About 140 Megs
* Pilots (2 texture sheets, male and female) About 34 Megs

Some layers are labeld, some are not. I may redo them and get them better labled in the next several days. But, its up! :d

In case you didnt see, I did a paint scheme for our young student pilot here; Hannah, ChaCha's young aspiring daughter. She gets a white and pink model Epic with matching theme interior. It looks like it landed in Florida and was captured by Floridian women and repainted in 'shopping cammoflage'.

The N-Number registry on this craft is in 'bling' font.

If you like, I can upload it. Some of the ladies here may enjoy it.

I may do a fictional Israeli Air Force variant with some wear and dust on the paint. I feel the need... The need for some wear and tear... :d

Bill

txnetcop
March 21st, 2010, 05:15
Bill I think you just outdid yourself! This is one very fine aircraft! Thank you very much
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

THibben
March 21st, 2010, 05:44
Are there any peformance charts available? Need info to determine take off and landing distnces.

Thanks,

Tom

Lionheart
March 21st, 2010, 06:30
Are there any peformance charts available? Need info to determine take off and landing distnces.

Thanks,

Tom

Hey Tom,

Unfortunately, the only specs are what are posted and in the manual. Nothing else exists on the aircraft.

Bill I think you just outdid yourself! This is one very fine aircraft! Thank you very much
Ted

txnetcop

Thanks Ted. I hope to improve radically though. There is so much more we can do with these packages. I would have liked to have a side program that would adjust the panels to widescreen or regular screen, manage loadouts and payloads, and maybe alternative models, such as a female pilot instead of just a male pilot.

So much is possible.

In the old days, I would also offer a scenery side package of some sort with the model pack, and also some adventure flights.

Bill

grunau_baby
March 21st, 2010, 06:40
Count me in! Still waiting for payday, but I will grab this one!!!

Great work:ernae:

Alex

OleBoy
March 21st, 2010, 07:39
Bill, she's gorgeous!! After looking at the real aircraft, you've done a very fine rendition. The lines and form are so sleek & fast. And the interior shots are...life like.

How is she on frame rates? I'm hoping like your Kodiak.

A little feedback (and I have to wait till payday) and I, I like it!!!

THibben
March 21st, 2010, 07:45
Hey Tom,

Unfortunately, the only specs are what are posted and in the manual. Nothing else exists on the aircraft.

Thanks Bill, I was afraid of that as I did a Google search and could find nothing. Guess will just have to fly and try to determine them. It is a great plane I am finding the FPS great using PNW Blue.

Tom

Thanks Ted. I hope to improve radically though. There is so much more we can do with these packages. I would have liked to have a side program that would adjust the panels to widescreen or regular screen, manage loadouts and payloads, and maybe alternative models, such as a female pilot instead of just a male pilot.

So much is possible.

In the old days, I would also offer a scenery side package of some sort with the model pack, and also some adventure flights.

Bill

pilottj
March 21st, 2010, 07:48

Thanks,

Tom

This little Jet wants to behave like a Kodiak LOL. I am guessing standard Takeoff is about 1500' and landing with little braking is similar. If you really need to get up, you can easily get in and out under 1000' using shortfield TO/L techniques. Because it is a single, there is no need to calculate takeoff or stopping distiances after an engine failure.

Thats one thing that really amazes me about the airplane. You look at the LT and you see that it is sleek and it has that big ol PT6 in front...you KNOW it will go fast and probably have a nice short takeoff run. The victory is sleek too but you uncover that engine panel and you see that tiny little mouse's engine :P I am sure there are APUs that are bigger LOL So you think well with an engine like that, it will fly, but will be fairly docile.....nope not this little engine. This little Jet really leaps and climbs like a little rocketship. It is amazing how such a small enigine can produce so much power for that plane. Tho if you remember the BD-5J, that thing had an engine that looked like a couple of beer cans put together and that little plane zipped all over the place.

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
March 21st, 2010, 08:12
Hey Tom,

Like I said, I do not have any performance charts. None. I have just the specs. Luc is a new member here and may step in and offer some non-published information on it that you might find helpful. He is the father from the design team that dreamed up the Victory. He can tell you about take-off and landing distances requirements.

Bill

clmooring
March 21st, 2010, 08:26
Bill

Let me just reafirm this is another great plane. I have the LT and love it. I love this Victory. I have only a couple of short flights in it, but it was a lot of fun and great frame rates.

One flight was at dusk or early evening. The front dome light was quite noticeble when turned on, but I could detect no difference when I turned on the rear dome light.

As I write this, I realize that I did not switch to the rear cabin view to confirm it had no effect in that view. I suppose I just expected to be able to either notice looking forward from the vc or when I looked backwards from the vc.

Not a big issue, but I thought I would pass it on.

Thanks Again!
Chuck

Lionheart
March 21st, 2010, 09:08
Hey Chuck,

I noticed this yesterday in a screenshot. There are two domelights in the rear, one over each seat set; midship and rear. The rear seats seem like they are dark, and yet the intake outside the craft is lit, so I think I have accidently moved that rear dome light point back somehow, behind the seats..

I'll get that adjusted and post it, and put it on the list of mods for its SP1.

Thanks for letting me know.

Bill

clmooring
March 21st, 2010, 09:16
Bill

You're welcome. I noticed too that the rear dome lights did cast a light from the outside view.

thx
Chuck

warchild
March 21st, 2010, 10:05
Hey Tom,

Like I said, I do not have any performance charts. None. I have just the specs. Luc is a new member here and may step in and offer some non-published information on it that you might find helpful. He is the father from the design team that dreamed up the Victory. He can tell you about take-off and landing distances requirements.

Bill

No worries Bill. The perfomance charts are all right there in front of us in the form of the physical design. it's simply a matter of taking all the numbers and translating them into a language we can more easily understand.
it MIGHT also take one semi crazed half lunatic flight modeler to do it as well ::LOL::..

warchild
March 21st, 2010, 10:07
Bill

You're welcome. I noticed too that the rear dome lights did cast a light from the outside view.

thx
Chuck

I thought that was intentional as they light up the underside of the engine intake and give the plane some really sweet dramatic lighting from the outside..

LucVB
March 21st, 2010, 13:27
Like I said, I do not have any performance charts. None. I have just the specs. Luc is a new member here and may step in and offer some non-published information on it that you might find helpful.

I was happy to provide some quick feedback on some key performance numbers to Bill while he developed the model, but I can only go that far unfortunately.

The simulation is like the real aircraft, most corners of the flight envelope of this experimental aircraft remain unexplored.

It is yours to discover.

Luc

boxcar
March 21st, 2010, 14:50
I was happy to provide some quick feedback on some key performance numbers to Bill while he developed the model, but I can only go that far unfortunately.
The simulation is like the real aircraft, most corners of the flight envelope of this experimental aircraft remain unexplored.
It is yours to discover.

Cool... been doing just that too. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-011.gif Thanks, Luc!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ev1.jpg

Not sure about you all, but I say she's Italian. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-027.gif In this livery she should be too!
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ev3.jpg

Frame rates are just great, even in the VC. Much fun, nimble little aircraft, she'll get after it when you want her to.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ev4.jpg

VC, magnification 1.5X (the way I often fly, great perspective). Most fuel remaining, full flaps, coming in on final @ 70 KIAS. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-003.gif

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ev5.jpg

Almost there, still @ 70 knots, still manageable.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ev6.jpg

Touchdown... @ 58 KIAS!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-039.gif Just to see how slow I could go & maintain control. Fun to do & see!
And that's what the name of the game is when it comes right down to it: Fun! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-021.gif

Mighty-fine VLJ in real life... & now also in our sim. Thank you Epic & Lionheart!

cheezyflier
March 21st, 2010, 17:42
the low-approach speed is what initially surprised me as well. it will allow me to use some fairly small runways.
however, as i explore the systems, i'm further blown away by what i got for my money. the aircraft is beautiful inside and out. it flies like a dream come true. the systems are the most exotic i've seen so far in a model of this type. i could go on and on. after all this time, i'm still in love with the kodiak, and now that i am exploring the victory i'm really getting more excited. i can't believe how nice this plane is. in my opinion, lionheart puts out the best bang for your buck, period. i like the vision alot, but had i bought the victory first, i wouldn't have needed the cirrus. 1 thing i'll say about the epic victory....it sure is.
one word for mr bill:

BRAVO :applause::medals::unitedstates:

dvj
March 21st, 2010, 18:15
2815Fantastic aircraft Bill, but for around PNW your Junkers W is just as perfect. Download both and having a blast2814

pilottj
March 21st, 2010, 18:43
lol yeah 70kts on final :jump:. I believe in a 172, the recommended final speed is about 75 if I remember right. lol you can see why you dont need spoilers or reverse thrust...those would just add to the expense of the Annual. :) This plane is the true meaning of a VLJ, easy enough for Skyhawk type pilots to fly. They would just need their complex, high alt, and turbine sign offs. I would make sure I had my IFR ticket too.

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
March 21st, 2010, 19:35
lol yeah 70kts on final :jump:. I believe in a 172, the recommended final speed is about 75 if I remember right. lol you can see why you dont need spoilers or reverse thrust...those would just add to the expense of the Annual. :) This plane is the true meaning of a VLJ, easy enough for Skyhawk type pilots to fly. They would just need their complex, high alt, and turbine sign offs. I would make sure I had my IFR ticket too.

Cheers
TJ

I dont know what I did wrong there. Stall is set for 74/84, dirty and clean. I have the color bars in the ASI grid in the PFD screen pretty well marked for your caution and danger speeds (white and red). She should fall out of the sky at 70...

Attachment 2815Fantastic aircraft Bill, but for around PNW your Junkers W is just as perfect. Download both and having a blastAttachment 2814

DVJ

Hey! A Junkers man. Greetings...

I love that plane. I do not fly it enough. It would be wild to see a real one.

BoxCar,

Awesome screenshots Sir!

Bill

boxcar
March 21st, 2010, 20:50
She should fall out of the sky at 70...

Looks as if I may have uncovered a pesky lil' gremlin.
She does not complain audibly until below 60 KIAS here,
though admittedly she's getting a mite wobbly by then.
Could the sim's "ground effects" be coming into play here?
She wasn't being stalled at any altitude when she did that.

BoxCar,
Awesome screenshots Sir!

Thank you, sir!
El gusto es mio, hermano.
Lovely FS aircraft!

Cerberus
March 21st, 2010, 22:14
Looking wonderful Bill. Great work.

pilottj
March 21st, 2010, 23:34
lol yeah Boxcar got her down to 70 on final, sounds like she doesnt complain until 60. I've been shooting for 90ish on final then go to idle when ive got my touchdown point, over the fence 70-80, flare, brakes.

A little minor thing i noticed is that on the MFD altitude adjustment knob only adjust in 100s of ft where as in the LT you have a 1000s on the lower half of the dial and 100s on the upper half. The 1000s selector was kind of handy when quickly setting a new alitude for the autopilot.

I think I like the eyepoint better in the Victory than I do the LT as there is a little better view out the side in the Vic. I might try to edit the eypoint in my LT to match that of the Victory

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2010, 03:15
Looking wonderful Bill. Great work.

Thanks Jesse.

FLighT01
March 22nd, 2010, 03:33
lol yeah Boxcar got her down to 70 on final, sounds like she doesnt complain until 60. I've been shooting for 90ish on final then go to idle when ive got my touchdown point, over the fence 70-80, flare, brakes.

A little minor thing i noticed is that on the MFD altitude adjustment knob only adjust in 100s of ft where as in the LT you have a 1000s on the lower half of the dial and 100s on the upper half. The 1000s selector was kind of handy when quickly setting a new alitude for the autopilot.

I think I like the eyepoint better in the Victory than I do the LT as there is a little better view out the side in the Vic. I might try to edit the eypoint in my LT to match that of the Victory

Cheers
TJ

90 feels best to me, feels real spongy when trying to manuever too much below that speed.

That wrap around windscreen affords an excellent peripheral view. Wish cars were more like this, hate that blind spot location in autos from the front pillars.

RE: MFD/PFD/Altitude Adjust Knob: I just installed this last night (from PC Aviator download shop), been going back and forth between LT and Victory while sitting on the runway and there is some inconsistency in using the altitude adjustment knob between the two. With the LT it's easier to hit the click spots reliably and make changes, moving from 100's to 1,000's seems to entail moving the hand completely off the knob then back onto the inside or outside ring. With the Vic it seems like to change from 100's to 1,000's just click repeatedly very quickly and at some point it will change, but this isn't a very good for setting it, you've got to click so fast. Click a certain wrong spot and it will change the readout to your height above or below sea level (at least when on the tarmac). Not sure which way is right, I've been using the A/P to set altitude, the click spots on the A/P are reliable and repeatable to hit. I haven't spent enough time with this but operation of the Alt knob is different between the two. I assume the LT and Vic both use the same gauge coding so it's a mystery too me.

PS: I just went and checked the Kodiak's PFD/MFD Alt knobs, it seems to work the same way as the Victory. The Epic LT being the oldest of the 3 designs using the same gauges, that could make sense. The AP in the Kodiak is different from the Epic and Vic and seems to only be able to change in 100 feet increments.

Wombat_VC
March 22nd, 2010, 06:39
Battle of the VLJ's.

Kiwikat
March 22nd, 2010, 06:55
Battle of the VLJ's.

The Victory is the victor! I think it looks a whole lot cooler than the Cirrus design. (nothing having to do with the FS models themselves)

I hope to finally pick her up in the next few days.

Felixthreeone
March 22nd, 2010, 07:07
Maaannn.....I want this plane sooooooo bad; Shame it will cost me about $1400 to be able to fly it....:mad:

...I am soooo jealous of you guys!!! Have fun with it....definitely looks like one of the best creations Bill has done to date!!

Dimus
March 22nd, 2010, 07:32
I could not resist this and I just bought it, downloading as I type. I am a prop man but your comments on the handling is what pushed me to it. I am doung a USA tour at the moment and this mount seems most appropriate to cover the vast distances.

Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2010, 08:02
RE: MFD/PFD/Altitude Adjust Knob: I just installed this last night (from PC Aviator download shop), been going back and forth between LT and Victory while sitting on the runway and there is some inconsistency in using the altitude adjustment knob between the two. With the LT it's easier to hit the click spots reliably and make changes, moving from 100's to 1,000's seems to entail moving the hand completely off the knob then back onto the inside or outside ring. With the Vic it seems like to change from 100's to 1,000's just click repeatedly very quickly and at some point it will change, but this isn't a very good for setting it, you've got to click so fast.

Hey Flight1,

I'll check this out.

Sounds like the mouse click zone was made smaller perhaps.

Dwight is an incredible gauge guy. He is always doing small adjustments and modifications to things. He goes on a flight at home, finds 10 things to adjust, and sends over the mods. I cant keep up with him, lol.. If its a recent update and mod, I am sure he did it for a reason.

I'll find out whats going on.

Presently, he is off on a business trip for a week, so gauge coding is on hold till then.

Concerning airspeeds, 90 is a great AS to come in at 'over the fence'. Under that and your elevators start losing their 'bite' and you start to get a bit of overcontrol or bucking.

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2010, 08:03
The Victory is the victor! I think it looks a whole lot cooler than the Cirrus design. (nothing having to do with the FS models themselves)

I love the Cirrus' interior and boldness in design. She is a radical looking VLJ. That panel is just flat out awesome. Very automotive and futuristic.

Bill

FLighT01
March 22nd, 2010, 08:21
By the way Bill, thanks for providing such amazing aircraft at very fair prices, considering the quality inside and out. :salute::applause:

pontiuspilotus
March 22nd, 2010, 11:56
Thanks! I have always wanted a VLJ that is frame-rate friendly and this one is it! The Flight1 Mustang I bought a while back was unfortunately too demanding for my older system, excellent as it is.

glennc
March 22nd, 2010, 16:02
Bill,

One thing I've noticed is that the MFD shows the max flap setting at something more than 20 degrees, but that's as far down as I can get them. Correct?

Still lovin' it.

Glenn

THibben
March 22nd, 2010, 18:35
Is there an auto land capability? I have searched the threads and gone thru the manual a few times and can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2010, 21:46
Is there an auto land capability? I have searched the threads and gone thru the manual a few times and can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hey Tom,

We tuned the Kodiak to be able to autoland with AP on Approach mode, and I believe Dwight also did that with the Epic later when he redid the AP. But... I do not think he retuned the AP settings with the Victory. We loaded the same equipment and coding from the Epic into the Victory. They are different weights and speeds, so they will behave differently on approaches.

Flap Settings?

Bill,

One thing I've noticed is that the MFD shows the max flap setting at something more than 20 degrees, but that's as far down as I can get them. Correct?

Still lovin' it.

Glenn

Hey Glenn,

The MFD must be off. The little Victory only has two flaps positions; Take-off and landing settings. Right now, I cant remember what degrees it goes to at full flaps.

We were going to take all the data pages off of the MFD and I ended up opting to keep them for the cool trinkets in the MFD screen. I like having extra things. We must have missed that section though. Im writing it down for the updates list.

Bill

Dimus
March 23rd, 2010, 00:01
Lovely!, Just lovely! Made just a cirquit to get the hang of it. The jet is quite responsive and the craft is quite agile too. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this bird. Lots of exploring to do inside out. Now which colour should I start with...?

Thank you Bill!

glennc
March 23rd, 2010, 04:13
Bill,

Two notches it is. It handles very well as is. By the way, I really love the texture work. The deep blue airplane with the blue interior is my favorite so far.

Glenn

arrowmaker
March 23rd, 2010, 09:11
Thanks! I have always wanted a VLJ that is frame-rate friendly and this one is it!

Same here. The only VLJ I've had in the past was the one from Just Flight/CLS. Even though the textures for the model were very frame-rate friendly, the glass cockpit most certainly was not. A real frame-rate killer. This new effort from Bill is silky smooth and looks fantastic. Congrats. :applause:

EgoR64
March 23rd, 2010, 17:24
Excellent, I like her, She is real Smooth - :ernae:

JamesChams
March 23rd, 2010, 17:40
Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"

:jump:Glad she's finally out... Now all we have to wait for is any service pack update(s) and the "ALL-Important" paint kit. Thanks a million; she looks great! :salute:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2010, 18:30
Nice screenshots Ego!

Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"

:jump:Glad she's finally out...

Dommo arrigatto, gozi-mash-tah

<-- bows humbly

Now all we have to wait for is any service pack update(s) and the "ALL-Important" paint kit. Thanks a million; she looks great! :salute:
James F. Chams

Paint kit is out.

Only Stall seems to be the main issue so far.

2 People have emailed in saying they have black exterior fuselages. One was fixed by the FSX SP1, one was fixed by lowering system settings. (The fuselage is a double size texture; 2048 pixels square).

I should have the performance pack out tomorrow.

:ernae:

Bill

Kiwikat
March 23rd, 2010, 22:37
Oh wow, that paint kit looks great Bill! Maybe even easier than the Epic LT's. :jump:

I do believe tomorrow (later today) she's mine! I can't wait to try her out. (and hopefully paint her out!) :ernae:

Dimus
March 24th, 2010, 00:49
The Victory is definitely now my mount of choice for the rest of my US trip. I took off in her early morning from San Diego bound North East. I am stil learning her tricks as I go. I have a nice copilot too:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-03-2320-53-09-63.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-03-2320-54-06-20.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-03-2323-20-06-71.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-03-2323-21-50-82.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-03-2323-22-38-58.jpg

Kiwikat
March 24th, 2010, 07:36
Well I finally got her. Visually and sound-wise, she is outstanding. However I'm not finding the flight model to be as "together" as the LT's. The level of adverse yaw seems a bit high to me for a plane of this size. She also feels way too powerful for a plane with one small engine. I couldn't imagine it taking off in such a short distance in real life (or accelerating as fast as it does). There are so few figures about this jet online, it is tough to compare it to anything other than the LT and my own intuition (or lack of :P).

I'm also having some real trouble turning while taxiing. It's like I turn the front wheel and a few seconds later it starts to turn, and then when I put it back to straight, it takes another few seconds to go back straight. Kind of like it is lagging behind the controls. Since it is wheel steering, it shouldn't have the lag. The front suspension feels too bouncy too.

There's a couple minor things with the gauges. The one on the left has been flickering while the one on the right is always there.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/gaugeproblems.jpg

More feedback to follow later, especially regarding the flight model.

I'm sure version 1.1 will help fix some of these issues. Lionheart is great with support and updates. :salute:

I'm confident that with some patches, she will be as nice as the LT. :jump:

Lionheart
March 24th, 2010, 10:36
Hey KK,

I'll try to get to these in order.

Steering: As covered in the FAQ, the steering is lite and doesnt grip the tarmac well. I could reduce the turn angle but then she wouldnt corner tightly when taxiing around slowly, like when turning into a parking spot. What is happening is that if you turn with alot of input (rudder pedals or twist stick), you overturn and the tire is sliding. Try using minimal input on steering and see how that does for you. Using small steering input makes it handle completely different when at speed, such as slowing down after a landing.

Gear Animation; too soft: I like the gear to move that much in the front. To me, it looks real. It was a personal touch. Its quite easy to modify that. One can adjust it using other aircraft nose gear settings and experiment with a animation that better pleases them.

Performance: The jet thrust setting is an odd one that I had to decide on and go with. If I lower it, she doesnt max out at high altitude. If I make her cruise properly, she seems overpowered at low altitude. She might seem overpowered at low altitude, but she then becomes underpowered at high altitude. I had to make a call and made a balance between the two.

This is another reason I wanted Aces to consider a new way of making airfiles, or a way of programming them, by setting up speeds, (absolutes) through hard core settings. I could not figure out what in the world setting causes a jet to lose thrust at high alt. They should run best at high alt. But.... (the clencher). This is a 'hybrid' airfile set, made from a Jet and a Turboprop. I wanted a plane that was powered by a jet, so I created my own from two templates, so I must have a high alt low performance table that is causing the jet to be weak at high alt. Thats my theory... (stack of sticks.. move one and you move 5 other ones... )

falcon409
March 24th, 2010, 10:46
Got some money in the bank this morning, so before it was all gone again, I made sure my first purchase was the Victory, lol.:salute:

FLighT01
March 24th, 2010, 12:28
Regarding the steering, I find a little brake action with light rudder control works very smoothly for me. I also find this engine allows me to taxi slower and at a more constant speed with better control of direction than my more usual bob & weave taxi patterns.

Kiwikat
March 24th, 2010, 16:01
Thanks for the feedback Bill! :ernae:

I look forward to seeing how she evolves over the coming weeks/months.

cheezyflier
March 24th, 2010, 19:32

<-- bows humbly

halliwood namari ga arune :icon_lol:

bpieke
March 25th, 2010, 15:15

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I cannot find it in the documentation either, but it seems to auto-deploy one notch of flaps when capturing the Glideslope. I'm trying to determine if there is an over-ride, but have not found any..

Bert

Lionheart
March 25th, 2010, 16:08
If.... you guys promise not to laugh at me, here is my first tutorial.

Its rough. And its on setting up ILS for landing. See what you think.

In the mean time, I found that the manual does 'not' have the ILS entry in it, so I modified that this morning and uploaded it. Its near the end of the tutorial pages on the AP instructions.

I intend to do more tutorials, covering the basics of managing the AP and the PFD / MFD.

V5IaRJ7Pmzk

I shot this in high def, burned it in high def with Apple software. However, I couldnt get my mic to work in Fraps. But, you can go to full screen and should be able to make everything out ok.

Just turn up the volume.

Bill

doublecool
March 25th, 2010, 17:11
LH, had to wait till PD to get the Victory :jump:

but what fun and beauty you bring to the FX :wavey:

Thank you

It has already been mentioned but your VC night lighting is simply stunning

jmig
March 25th, 2010, 18:39
Bill, I finally got around to flying this thing tonight. Oh My Gosh! I love this little plane. It was so much fun to fly. This makes two of my favorite planes being from your hand. The Kodiak is my #1 Bush plane. Now for classy cross-countries with C9G beside me. It is the Victory.

cheezyflier
March 25th, 2010, 19:22
cool! i can't wait to try that! hey did you say there are high performance textures available for those of us with crappy computers? if so, how do i obtain them?

Lionheart
March 25th, 2010, 19:47
Hey CF,

On high performance textures.... I had the worst day of the year today. I didnt get a chance to do much, including the HP textures. Hopefully tomorrow.

<--- crosses fingers, says a prayer, throws salt over back shoulder, looks to heaven

Lionheart
March 25th, 2010, 19:49
Bill, I finally got around to flying this thing tonight. Oh My Gosh! I love this little plane. It was so much fun to fly. This makes two of my favorite planes being from your hand. The Kodiak is my #1 Bush plane. Now for classy cross-countries with C9G beside me. It is the Victory.

Awesome to hear John.

<-- two thumbs up

How did you know that was C9G?

FLighT01
March 26th, 2010, 03:08
Keep the tutorials coming Bill, I need all the help I can get. Adding more detailed info on systems operation to the manual will also be well received.

cheezyflier
March 26th, 2010, 06:53
bill, no need to hurry on the textures, take your time. i am enjoying the plane as is and can wait.

did you understand my reply a couple of days ago, to your japanese?

Lionheart
March 26th, 2010, 10:14
bill, no need to hurry on the textures, take your time. i am enjoying the plane as is and can wait.

did you understand my reply a couple of days ago, to your japanese?

Roger that and no.. No comprende, kein verstehen..

cheezyflier
March 26th, 2010, 11:59
i said (sorta) your accent comes from too many hollwood movies :icon_lol:

Lionheart
March 26th, 2010, 12:57
You are WRONG! I said it just the way they do! (i think). :d (at least in the movies)

arrgh..

I wanted to take Japanese badly. I tried learning it from one of those easy to learn books, and the old PBS Japanese program that taught it also, which was better as you hear it and see it both. They also went into Kanji.

Very cool language.

So....... CF.. How would you 'pronounce' it as it would be written by Americans and Endo-Kanucticadians?

Bill

spotlope
March 26th, 2010, 13:01
If.... you guys promise not to laugh at me, here is my first tutorial.

Its rough. And its on setting up ILS for landing. See what you think.

In the mean time, I found that the manual does 'not' have the ILS entry in it, so I modified that this morning and uploaded it. Its near the end of the tutorial pages on the AP instructions.

I intend to do more tutorials, covering the basics of managing the AP and the PFD / MFD.

I shot this in high def, burned it in high def with Apple software. However, I couldnt get my mic to work in Fraps. But, you can go to full screen and should be able to make everything out ok.

Just turn up the volume.

Bill

I thought it was a great vid, Bill. Nothing to be embarrassed about there at all. In fact, the Victory flew its way into the Fanboy Friday post. http://iblueyonder.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/fanboy-friday-the-slick-the-smoky-and-the-bizarre/

Lionheart
March 26th, 2010, 18:57
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the heads up and the kind words.

I didnt know you had a Blog going. Nicely done.

Bill

JamesChams
March 26th, 2010, 21:22
Mr. Bill "Lionheart,"

<-- bows humbly
3184My Brother-in-Christ, I am very honored by your kind jesture and humility. I must say that it is you we all must thank very much (Dommo arrigatto) for the sharing of your gifts that our Father-in-Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ, has bestowed on you with such richness. Your ability to create/fashion, paint, and skillfull configure aircraft in FS in such fullness truely is an outstanding testimony to your abilities; Praise God for all your efforts and the gentle caring way in which you help your customers. Please allow me to continue to congradulate you on another successful project and I look forward to making this another fun and enjoyable product on my FSX.:applause:

BTW: I, too, have a special place in my heart for Asians; (Eee-Yeh, Ni Hongin day-wa Ni) although, I am not one myself; I very much like their food, culture, visiting their countries, and (God-Willing) hope-soon to be married to one, as was once in my path to do so.

Paint kit is out.

Only Stall seems to be the main issue so far.

2 People have emailed in saying they have black exterior fuselages. One was fixed by the FSX SP1, one was fixed by lowering system settings. (The fuselage is a double size texture; 2048 pixels square).

I should have the performance pack out tomorrow....

I'm looking forward to enjoying Sim-flying it after my current system(s) mid-life hardware upgrades are complete.:wiggle:
God Bless and Keep up the good work! :wavey:

PS: If you would like any aid with exacting the Instrument Approach phase on your Tutorial videos; I'll be glad to help. ;)

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

CybrSlydr
March 26th, 2010, 21:31
That's a beautiful looking plane, Bill! Well done!

Last time I was here, didn't you only do prop stuff from the "Golden Era"? :D

Lionheart
March 27th, 2010, 01:38
Hey CyberSlyder,

I think you might be thinking of Bill Lyons. He and Lynn did mostly Golden Age aircraft.

I was doing alot of prototype concept planes, the Lear 2100 fan jet, some concept stuff. I do like to do classics now and then.

Bill

Lionheart
March 27th, 2010, 06:31
I have some new video mini tutorials up now. Here are the following.

These are in HD, so you can go to the YouTube website and watch them in full screen mode so that you can see the numbers being punched in, etc. Good to be able to see all the details needed.

Iwwa0ESeuVQ
Direct To Tutorial

suI5svxFie4
ILS Approach Setup Tutorial

g0ID1MJFbyg
Setting Heading Tutorial

iF2zNP_NRys
Setting Altitude Tutorial

Lionheart
March 27th, 2010, 06:34
Hey James,

Thanks for the kind words Sir.

:salute:

Bill

Mr. Bill "Lionheart,"

3184My Brother-in-Christ, I am very honored by your kind jesture and humility. I must say that it is you we all must thank very much (Dommo arrigatto) for the sharing of your gifts that our Father-in-Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ, has bestowed on you with such richness. Your ability to create/fashion, paint, and skillfull configure aircraft in FS in such fullness truely is an outstanding testimony to your abilities; Praise God for all your efforts and the gentle caring way in which you help your customers. Please allow me to continue to congradulate you on another successful project and I look forward to making this another fun and enjoyable product on my FSX.:applause:

BTW: I, too, have a special place in my heart for Asians; (Eee-Yeh, Ni Hongin day-wa Ni) although, I am not one myself; I very much like their food, culture, visiting their countries, and (God-Willing) hope-soon to be married to one, as was once in my path to do so.

I'm looking forward to enjoying Sim-flying it after my current system(s) mid-life hardware upgrades are complete.:wiggle:
God Bless and Keep up the good work! :wavey:

PS: If you would like any aid with exacting the Instrument Approach phase on your Tutorial videos; I'll be glad to help. ;)

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Chacha
March 27th, 2010, 06:48
Now I can fly my plane with ease and confident....

I am really LOVING it! :wavey:

By the way,

Edit:

Cool iMovie presentation....

Lionheart
March 27th, 2010, 07:14
By the way, Is this the iMovie you used to make these....

Hey ChaCha,

Yes Maam, these are created with iMovie. I also used Quicktime Pro to compile the AVI from Fraps to MOV format, then into iMovie for finalization and effects, fonts, etc.

The microphone quality is super poor. When I figure out how to get around that part in Fraps recording mode, I'll redo the tutorials.

If you or anyone has a tutorial you think should be made, let me know. I'll see what I can whip up.

Bill

FLighT01
March 27th, 2010, 07:48
Really good stuff Bill. I could not figure out the rocker switch in use and as a consequence I was always climbing like a NASA launch after engaging A/P.

Suggestion for future videos: Start Up and Shut Down procedures.

grunau_baby
March 27th, 2010, 08:13
I guess you all allready knew this would happen...:rolleyes:

http://www.grunform.de/sim/v_m.jpg

Great aircraft, just getting the hang of the Autopilot!

Alex

boxcar
March 27th, 2010, 11:27
Wow, Alex... she looks so satin & svelt! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-021.gif Nicely done!

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 11:52
My own personal ride. . .a WIP right now. I don't really care for the subdued insignia. . .I may just go back to the 60's look when everything was in living color, lol.

doublecool
March 27th, 2010, 12:21
Very Nice Falcon :salute:

Lionheart
March 27th, 2010, 12:51
Great paint schemes guys.

Bill

cheezyflier
March 27th, 2010, 12:56
i knew this bird would inspire some cool paints! :applause:

CG_1976
March 27th, 2010, 13:09
I'm trying to figure out how to put flames on mine with maple leafs with paint.net program.

JamesChams
March 27th, 2010, 14:56
I'm trying to figure out how to put flames on mine with maple leafs with paint.net program.Mr. "CG_1976,"
Now that repaint I would like, very much, to see... :jump:

Also, Mr. "falcon409", I also like your USAF repaint version and would very much like to see it on my Victory when your work is done. :salute:

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Wombat_VC
March 27th, 2010, 23:24
Is the HSI suppose to look like that?

falcon409
March 28th, 2010, 06:06
Revised AFRC livery:

Wingmate
March 28th, 2010, 06:15
Its looking good falcon
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/2010-3-28_8-11-49-240.jpg

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 10:19
Is the HSI suppose to look like that?

If you mean the giant red arrows saying you are climbing too steep, yes. They are stock Garmin graphics.

Bill

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 10:20
Great repaints guys!

WingMate,

Love your Avatar of the Bird of Prey. Love that fighter craft...

Bill

Cirrus N210MS
March 28th, 2010, 10:33
This is one sweet Bird I am Having fun with This plane

Wingmate
March 28th, 2010, 11:12
Thanks Bill

Kman
March 28th, 2010, 11:51
China's AVIC Wins Epic Auction (http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/ChinaAVICWinsEpicAuction_202239-1.html)

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2010/03/chinese_bidder_wins_bends_bank.html

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 18:22
Thanks KMan.

Difficult to take. I hear China just purchased Volvo today also, both on Sunday.

Looks like the people are a bit upset because supposedly the bid was won already by an American company, so something bad must be going down. Possibly a payoff...

Bill

boxcar
March 28th, 2010, 18:53
Every week it seems to increasingly feel like big signs have been hung all around Earth: America For Sale

Frustrating.

JamesChams
March 28th, 2010, 19:02
Every week it seems to increasingly feel like big signs have been hung all around Earth: America For Sale

Frustrating.

Yeah; and I have just a couple of FS2004 (FS9) products left for Sale, too; if any one want them? :icon_lol:
That's just our philosophy of Captalism, Gents... And it work real well, too. :wiggle:

God Bless America!
:salute: :unitedstates: :salute:

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

cheezyflier
March 28th, 2010, 19:10
don't forget that a big part of the stimulas was funded with $$ borred from china against american land as collateral.

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 19:26
don't forget that a big part of the stimulas was funded with $$ borred from china against american land as collateral.

eeeks... This I did not know

falcon409
March 28th, 2010, 21:32
Here are the "pretty much complete" shots of the AF Livery. Only problem I have is that the underside of the horizontal stab isn't blue, even though the template shows it should be. Only the elevator has the color. I also dressed the pilot in the standard AF Blue shirt with insignia, ribbons, wings and name tag. I'll do the same with the female as well before I cut this one loose.

Wombat_VC
March 28th, 2010, 22:11
If you mean the giant red arrows saying you are climbing too steep, yes. They are stock Garmin graphics.

Bill

No, I was referring to the background color inside the HSI rose. It remains brown instead of following the horizon.

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 23:30
No, I was referring to the background color inside the HSI rose. It remains brown instead of following the horizon.

Ahhh... Nope.. Mine is supposed to be brown. Having the 'pure black' for transparency made the ring and font way to fuzzy and rough. When Dwight put white on brown, it really looked tons better and cleaner.

You can see what I mean by bringing up the Nav ring on the MFD. Its semi transparent with pure black and you can see rough edges.

Bill

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 23:31
Here are the "pretty much complete" shots of the AF Livery. Only problem I have is that the underside of the horizontal stab isn't blue, even though the template shows it should be. Only the elevator has the color. I also dressed the pilot in the standard AF Blue shirt with insignia, ribbons, wings and name tag. I'll do the same with the female as well before I cut this one loose.

Hey Ed,

Sorry about the elevator. I'll put that on the list for updates. It slipped through...

Great looking paint scheme! Cool that you are also putting uniforms on the pilots.

Bill

grunau_baby
March 29th, 2010, 00:17
This should be it!

This paintsceme finally is a homage to a famous actress and a very famous movie. http://www.grunform.de/sim/ev_01.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/ev_02.jpg

The interior is all about the colorplay and luxury of diamonts.
http://www.grunform.de/sim/ev_03.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/ev_04.jpg

It is based on the latest Geneva showcar color and trim:
http://www.lanciapress.com/index.php?lng=1&group=2&method=gallery&action=zoom&id=1330
And this again was inspired by the new TV-Spot, a homage to Audrey Hepburn and her famous role!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAePRbVt1Fk&feature=related

I simply liked the idea of the multitone gray-black, it´perfectly fits the victory´s sleek lines!

Regards
Alex

Peritas
March 29th, 2010, 00:55
Hi! This repaint is awesome and I like it very much, but the flag is wrong!
Italian flag on aircraft is green, white, red (front, center, rear) on the both sides of the vertical surface, so the green is the first color from the front of the flag and the red is the last....

Regards,
Luca

Wombat_VC
March 29th, 2010, 01:29
Ahhh... Nope.. Mine is supposed to be brown. Having the 'pure black' for transparency made the ring and font way to fuzzy and rough. When Dwight put white on brown, it really looked tons better and cleaner.

You can see what I mean by bringing up the Nav ring on the MFD. Its semi transparent with pure black and you can see rough edges.

Bill

So desu ne. No worries, mate. I believe the fuzziness has to do with anti-aliasing through transparency. I switched my GPU to super-sampling for it, but it does take quite a good GPU to maintain good FPS.

grunau_baby
March 29th, 2010, 01:43
Peritas,

thanks for the input, just uploaded a corrected version. That´s what happens when you just flip elements without a second thought...:redf: Now it´s Allright! Hope you like it!

Alex

Peritas
March 29th, 2010, 04:40
Alex, your paints is so beautiful that I will buy the Epic for this! :applause::applause::applause:

Regards,
Luca

FLighT01
March 29th, 2010, 05:12
Fellas, I've been trying to save a cold and dark start with the VLJ with the parking mode engaged, cowls off, baggage out and Exit door open but the door keeps hanging up. The top half opens and immediately closes, the bottom half doesn't want to budge and the top half opening/closing keeps recycling until I exit back to the Free Flight screen? Anybody else experience this?

grunau_baby
March 29th, 2010, 05:33
Alex, your paints is so beautiful that I will buy the Epic for thisThank you, what better compliment could I get for this... Makes my (entire holi-)day! Grazie!:wiggle:

Alex

Lionheart
March 29th, 2010, 10:01
Fellas, I've been trying to save a cold and dark start with the VLJ with the parking mode engaged, cowls off, baggage out and Exit door open but the door keeps hanging up. The top half opens and immediately closes, the bottom half doesn't want to budge and the top half opening/closing keeps recycling until I exit back to the Free Flight screen? Anybody else experience this?

Hey Flight1,

A couple of times, I have had sound recycling, but not the door. Try rebooting the plane as it sits and see if that clears it.

This has, in the past, been caused from a looping gauge, but I should now have no more looping gauges that constantly access the system concerning the environment. I have no idea what could be causing this. I'll try to replicate it myself.

@Alex / Grunau_Baby,

Nice work on the interior Sir! Love it.

Great to see people playing around with the interior elements.

Bill

n4gix
March 29th, 2010, 10:10

Make certain that you're not parked next to a fueling area. The activation box (fuel trigger) is much too large in FSX and will interfere with door animations, among other things.

falcon409
March 29th, 2010, 11:35
Hey Ed,
Sorry about the elevator. I'll put that on the list for updates. It slipped through...
Great looking paint scheme! Cool that you are also putting uniforms on the pilots.
Bill
Not a problem Bill, I'll release it without that and make a replacement texture available when I can. Just gotta dress the lady and it'll be done. Woohoo, lol.:rolleyes:

Wingmate
March 29th, 2010, 12:00
With Ed making a Air force paint I just had to make a Navy paint
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/2010-3-29_13-56-41-834.jpg

CG_1976
March 29th, 2010, 12:20
Could I please req a painter to do a CAF Victory please. It would look excellent next to its partners the Epic Lt and kodiak.

Wingmate
March 29th, 2010, 12:40
I'll start working on a CAF paint after I finish my current one

CG_1976
March 29th, 2010, 12:42
I'll start working on a CAF paint after I finish my current one

Thank you:salute:

FLighT01
March 29th, 2010, 12:43
Make certain that you're not parked next to a fueling area. The activation box (fuel trigger) is much too large in FSX and will interfere with door animations, among other things.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Of course, at Nellis only 2 Helipads and the Fueling Station in the drop down list. What are the chances I'd pick an airport (1 of 24,000) to set up my cold & dark with nowhere else to chose from for parking from the drop down list. For me, chances are always 100%, just like the supermarket, I always end up in the line where: A. the person ahead of me can't find their wallet, B. they have accumulated 385 coupons they want to redeem now, C. the debit card reader is down, D. the checkout computer is out of paper tape, E. the cashier is out of money to make change, F. the person ahead has only 6 items but 5 are missing priice codes, G.................

Lionheart
March 29th, 2010, 13:05
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Of course, at Nellis only 2 Helipads and the Fueling Station in the drop down list. What are the chances I'd pick an airport (1 of 24,000) to set up my cold & dark with nowhere else to chose from for parking from the drop down list. For me, chances are always 100%, just like the supermarket, I always end up in the line where: A. the person ahead of me can find their wallet, B. they have accumulated 385 coupons they want to redeem now, C. the debit card reader is down, D. the checkout computer is out of paper tape, E. the cashier is out of money to make change, F. the person ahead has only 6 items but 5 are missing priice codes, G.................

LOLOLOLOL....

I thought that only happens to me.... lololol...

Thanks Fr. Bill for the heads up on that.

I was ready to start digging through all the gauge code to see if one was looping..

Bill

whitney17
March 29th, 2010, 14:20
Bill,

Are you going to have a high rez texture pack for the Victory, like the one Robert Rivera did for the Kodiak?

Thanks,

Joe

Lionheart
March 29th, 2010, 15:48
Hey Joe,

Thats a good question. I hadnt thought of that. Already, they are at 2048 pixels, but only DXT-5 format, (16bit). I could bump them up to 32bit. They will be hard to run on some computers. Well, quite a few... lol.

Bill

FLighT01
March 30th, 2010, 04:09
Yep, being too close to the refueling station was the culprit. Doors workin' fine now. Thanks n4gix.

cheezyflier
March 30th, 2010, 13:30
i've been trying to find that airforce paint with no luck. can someone hook me up with a link please?

cheezyflier
March 31st, 2010, 10:08
i've been trying to find that airforce paint with no luck. can someone hook me up with a link please?

bump

Wingmate
March 31st, 2010, 10:36
I dont think It has been uploaded yet

cheezyflier
March 31st, 2010, 12:59
I dont think It has been uploaded yet

well, that would partially explain my inability to find it :icon_lol:

falcon409
March 31st, 2010, 16:35
Yea, I had a few things that I missed on it. I just haven't gotten to it yet.