PDA

View Full Version : I can't install FSUIPC. HELP!! :(

taseal
March 18th, 2010, 17:25
For some reason FSUIPC is not letting me install, and it's not giving me anything to look for...

is this something common? can I just effin extract the .dll and just install it? so much easier that way

let me add taht I acutally had to delete all the simconnect files/folders in the winsxs folder because my track IR had stopped working, and that's what they told me to do on their support forum... after I deleted the 4 files and 3 folders I think it was, I deleted/uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it... and I just looked and FSX never did reinstall those 3 simconnect folders =/

MCDesigns
March 18th, 2010, 18:42
You could try to just extract it and place the DLL manually, but not having the simconnect folders sounds like a problem.

taseal
March 18th, 2010, 18:45
I tried extracting it, but no luck... I think I need that folder for Track IR to work anyways...

anyway I can get this folder as I can't possibly seem to get it to install?

I mean I guess what I can do is install FSX and SP1/2 to my laptop and extract from there, but its a PITA because it's a system file, it won't even let me touch it =/

Wombat_VC
March 18th, 2010, 19:15
If you have not already done so, try disabling the anti-virus stuff before starting the installation.

Dangerousdave26
March 18th, 2010, 19:25
Yes I dis like the new system for installing FSUIPC it was better when you could manually extract it from a zip and install it.

It sounds to me like you are missing a registry entry that the FSUIPC4 installer is looking for that points to SimConnect.

I would try and see if you could use the FSX disc to repair FSX. Maybe it will reinstall simconnect.

ananda
March 18th, 2010, 23:53
This might help:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=79331&p=482106&hilit=simconnect#p482106

taseal
March 18th, 2010, 23:58
well now i'm really screwed.. FSX will not even install now... at the end I get an error regarding simconnect and that's what i'm left with at the moment...

I'm thinking of doing a system restore to yesterday where I had it somewhat working... I should have thought of system restore the day I messed up my FSX... oh well

taseal
March 19th, 2010, 08:31
anyone? system restore doesn't go back far enough :(

dswo
March 19th, 2010, 09:05
I would say, Ask the author, Peter Dowson: http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54. However, his forum says that he's away until Monday. So: I would search that forum for your error message and see if someone else has had the same problem before you.

Or, maybe someone here will know the solution.

ananda
March 19th, 2010, 11:47
Ok, see

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.games.zone.simula tion&tid=2df952f8-8d48-4507-b5d5-1365f5093ed8&p=1

or see the forwearemany post at

http://www.techsupportforum.com/gaming-forum/game-installation-support/310498-solved-flight-simulator-x-install-error-1935-vista.html

taseal
March 21st, 2010, 17:54
That was very helpful, but now I'm getting this error... wtf? (I just realized it's actually the same exact error... I think the installer is having a problem writing to the winsxs folder)

I went into DVD1, into SDK and tried to install the simconnect files manually within SDK, but this is the error i'm getting with that...

Question... for Winsxs, what does the owner show? I think I might have messed that up.... does it show 'TrustedInstaller'? While I was trying to delete them to get my Track IR to work, I changed the ownership from SYSTEM I think it was to admin, it's back on SYSTEM now, but I don't think it's cutting it... SYSTEM and admin does have 'full access' to the folder btw

taseal
March 23rd, 2010, 21:17
any other ideas? I think it's going to be a format and reinstall of Windows... sucks =/

falcon409
March 23rd, 2010, 21:28
As a side note, once you get everything including simconnect reinstalled, I think I would let the folks at TrackIR know about this. I've had a few problems with TrackIR in the past and my take on their support is that if they don't really know what's wrong, rather than telling you that, they make you into what amounts to a beta tester and start making suggestions on things you can try.
Since Simconnect is vital to FSX operations, having someone tell me to uninstall without realizing the repercussions would be a red flag. I hope you get everything back up and running soon and then "never, ever, ever touch simconnect again", lol.

Ken Stallings
March 24th, 2010, 15:19
Unfortunately, I have found FSUIPC in FSX to be very buggy. While I love the features it offers, it constantly caused my FSX to CTD, first locking up the game in flight.

I finally decided the benefits were far outweighed by the bugs and deleted it from the game folder. Since then, I haven't had a single CTD in the game.

Ken