PDA

View Full Version : Help with Piglet's T-28

JimC1702
March 18th, 2010, 15:51
I just downloaded Tim Conrad's great T-28 but I have a problem with a black square on either side of the fuselage. The Intromet texture displays fine. I've tried re-downloading and re-installing but still get the black squares. See the pics.

Thanks,
Jim

Piglet
March 18th, 2010, 17:20
Noticed the prop is tex'd whacky. Where did you d/l from?
Seems someone mixed up the tex's with my T-28D models. That black square was the slip-in panels for insignias. If I remember right, I included several tex's for the user to "insert".
Now that I looked at pic for a while, seems the USAF T-28A tex's were crossed with the T-28D model.
This is a big problem when third parties upload planes.

JimC1702
March 18th, 2010, 17:31
Thanks Tim, I downloaded from Filghtsim.com. I'll see if I can find the original.

Jim

gaucho_59
August 10th, 2011, 11:34
Noticed the prop is tex'd whacky. Where did you d/l from?
Seems someone mixed up the tex's with my T-28D models. That black square was the slip-in panels for insignias. If I remember right, I included several tex's for the user to "insert".
Now that I looked at pic for a while, seems the USAF T-28A tex's were crossed with the T-28D model.
This is a big problem when third parties upload planes.

I did a very nice redo of the paint jobs on the Trojan... only to find this "black square" which does not seem to jive with the paint job at all... it eats up part of the national marking... and I don't have enough savvy to fill the hole... is there a texture square for that whole that can be implemented in the model (I guess)... like I said, I am just a graphics artist... no savvy of tech things...
If you a source to find the solution... please publish it here... or send it to me in a private message...

falcon409
August 10th, 2011, 17:47
Best bet is always to download Tim's aircraft from the SOH downloads area when possible. As Tim said, when others get hold of his work and republish, you can't be assured that everything is original.:salute:

Kiwikat
August 10th, 2011, 18:29
Mr. Piglet is there any chance you can redo this one to your current FSX standards? That would be incredible! :salute: