PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a BF109E model that allows gun pods to be displayed.

mrjmaint
March 17th, 2010, 18:08
I am looking for a BF109E model that allows the wing gun pods, if added, to be displayed and fired correctly.
Does anyone have or know of a 109E model that will allow this?

Thanks.

Autothrottle
March 17th, 2010, 21:53
Personally, I don't really know if you can find that on a Bf109E, maybe the G variant or F variant will fit the bill more nicely. Have you checked the CFS3 archive as of yet?

ndicki
March 18th, 2010, 01:15
(Strange noises offstage of gurgling and coughing as though somebody were being slowly garrotted...)

Why on earth do you want to put gunpods on a Bf109e? You can't. The wings aren't strong enough.

Led Zeppelin
March 18th, 2010, 11:31
and the gunpods don't wotk in CFS3, they have absolutely no effectiveness.

viso
March 18th, 2010, 14:22
and the gunpods don't wotk in CFS3, they have absolutely no effectiveness.
We ran into this problem with the Potez Po-63.11, which can be fitted with underwing MG pods. I believe that the problem is that the weapons wouldn't act as whatever we wanted them to act like, defaulting to a small calibre MG. So you can't really have underwing cannons, although it does make for a pretty show what with all of those guns a-blazing.

If you just want the visual effect then you can build your own MG pods as loadouts and try to link them in to an existing model. For a truly effective solution, you'd need the original model-builder to create a new version of the model with the pods built in and the XDP and such all coded accordingly.

Autothrottle
March 18th, 2010, 21:55
Even so, I've read from actual Bf109 pilots that those gunpods were notoriously innacurate in combat situations. They were awkward to service and it was very hard to hit a moving target , even in a deflection shot. Maybe one should suffice with Willy Messerchmit's machine guns for awhile instead of having too much bulk that induces drag anyway.

ndicki
March 19th, 2010, 01:03
The 109e-3, e-4 and subsequent marks have wing cannon anyway. Seems a bit much...