PDA

View Full Version : 2008 3ds Max

Crashwoody1
November 7th, 2008, 17:57
Hey all, I have a new copy of 3ds max. So I need the fsx sdk. Could any one piont me in the right direction? ( I kninda been out of this for some time.. sorry to bother ya.)
How is fs2004 going is there still alot of folks useing it? I was thinking of designing for cfs3.. but im undecided as to what to do.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tom/Crashwoody

N2056
November 7th, 2008, 18:09
Tom,
You need to have the Deluxe version of FSX installed. That includes the SDK. It is not available as a separate download. Then you will also need service packs 1 & 2 for the SDK...get them here:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/esp/cc742007.aspx
Then you will need a whole lot of time, and a good supply of :ernae:

Crashwoody1
November 7th, 2008, 18:55
Thank-u 4 that fast reply, I have my old g-max as well, and it installed and registered too... is it ay good for fsx? Its definatly not the program 3ds max is but im just building planes right?
Will head to the store and get fsx delux. Or gold edition... which ever I find.
Thanks in advance!
Tom/Crashwoody

N2056
November 7th, 2008, 19:11
Hey, that old Gmax will work just fine! If you go for the "Gold" that is FSX Deluxe & Acceleration bundled together. Gmax can do good stuff, once you get the hang of it :d

srgalahad
November 7th, 2008, 21:46
Crash,
Staples at Westhills had 3 copies of "Gold" at $49.95 the other day.

Better cover the buttcrack - it's going to snow on Sunday

Rob

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 8th, 2008, 05:01
There is one little complication ... the toolsets are not compatible with 2008. > Unsupported untill fs11

Gmax can import .3ds files and provides a means of doing all the modelling in Max but when properly fitted out with the right plugins the only missing tool is the rendering engine and as a user of both its not a major issue to do any rendering to texture in max and use the results in game.