PDA

View Full Version : A-26 SOH Team- Any Updates?

Tim_Horton
March 16th, 2010, 11:08
I was curious if there were any updates on the A-26 to bring it to a FSX True craft?

There was the panel updates and what not, yet I was curious if work had been done on the whole craft.

As usual I just finished watching "always" for the hundredth time and want to slap a bucket to my butt and fly through some canyons.

Any new's would be appreciated,

-Your friend Always.

Killbilly
March 16th, 2010, 12:08
I second that. I would love to see an up-converted native FSX version of this beauty. I've used the FS9 version with the various fixes, but it's just not smooth and misses the self shadowing.

I had heard that Milton had handed off the model to someone who was going to upgrade it, but that was quite a long time ago. Like Tim, I'd be glad for any news that the project was still underway.

Milton Shupe
March 16th, 2010, 15:38
Dan had started this conversion almost 2 years ago, posted some nice pics in June '08 I believe, and then got busy with other payware development. As you may know, redoing that project in FSX native is not a trivial task if done correctly, and I suspect it just required more than he had time for.

stansdds
March 17th, 2010, 02:09
Another vote here to see the SOH A-26 made fully FSX native. Loved it in FS9, still fly it with the patches in FSX, but would really like to see a FSX native version.

Epsillon
March 17th, 2010, 02:12
One more vote here. I'm even ready to pay a little contribution to fly the A-26 in FSX...;)

Regards,

Stephan

stiz
March 17th, 2010, 02:55
i started doing it after it apeard dan didnt have the time to finish, however my free time dissapeard, could always turn it into a weekend project again though, might take a while though :engel016:

Tim_Horton
March 17th, 2010, 05:06
Time is Relative to the tasks you have to complete. In other words, I don't mind waiting cause I'm sure I will get lost in some other tasks and forget until Whammo! There is the Beauty!

BTW quick note, in the movie "Always" when the landing gear gets damaged at the end, anyone else notice the "Lazer Blaster" audio from Starwars to let you know something has been damaged! I Always forget about that little mistake on the audio engineers job.