PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cancer preventative food ...

Snuffy
March 16th, 2010, 05:05
It's Red Meat of all things.

Grass Fed Beef (http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/03/15/meat-thats-really-wellness-meats/?test=faces)

Mmm ... who'd thunk it?

Quixoticish
March 16th, 2010, 05:43
Whenever the mainstream media announces that i) something gives you cancer, or ii) something cures cancer just take it with an exceptionally large pinch of salt. In actual fact this rule can be applied to anything even remotely related to the sciences as the media just do not know how to report the results of studies properly.

To be honest they might as well just run around waving their arms screaming "you're all going to die" one day, and then "try this new miracle cure" the next, and then repeat, endlessly, until the entire planet is gripped with fear and paranoia.

Here's a humorous little blog charting the cancer craze in one particular mass media outlet in the UK:

http://dailymailoncology.tumblr.com/

alain95
March 16th, 2010, 05:45
Whatever the quality of it is, many people eat too much meat and it's the main cause of heart diseases, for people health the best way is to make better vegies, with good natural taste, many people don't mind that a tomato is a fruit and it comes better when exposed to the sun. How many people in USA know the taste of a good "RATATOUILLE" (It's not a mouse) and the merits of a Moussaka, few examples of the good mediterranean way of feeding...

Cheers

paiken
March 16th, 2010, 05:51
"Remember, everything gives you cancer"
Joe Jackson - Everything Gives You Cancer

Prowler1111
March 16th, 2010, 06:45
Dunno if you guys ever received that email stating that eating Savila (or Sabila, depending on the language) in any form (milkshake, juice, or just plain yuuuck) would prevent breast cancer and many other manifestations of that despicable disease...
..Well...
My mom (after been around half the world with my dad and with us, their kids , on their backs) learned about this many moons ago (when she was on her 20īs)and been eating the thing since then..guess what? almost 3 years ago she was diagnosed breast cancer and endured a radical mastectomy (and thank God, no new manifestations)..so it makes you wonder..she has been eating the thing for 40+ yrs and yet still developed cancer...bottom line, there is NO miracle food..itīs just part of the lifeīs lottery, some got the winner ticket (but you only find out that when youīre in your late 80īs or 90īs) and some donīt.
Is this worldīs way to defend from us, and i frankly believe there is no prevention, but survival and Godīs hand in the whole matter.
Best regards
Prowler

Snuffy
March 16th, 2010, 06:50
George Carlin had a routine ... Saliva causes stomach cancer, however, only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

He's probably right!