PDA

View Full Version : Sim objects folder and re-install

strykerpsg
March 15th, 2010, 18:05
Hello all,

Frustratingly considering a third re-install of FSX in less than three months. I keep having issues with some of the UTX, GEX and FTX. I know they cover different groups within FSX, but I keep trying to repair with the FSX discs and I still have the mud flats where residential textures should be. Anyway, have deleted all but FTX and instead went into ORBX panel and selected FSX textures, reapir of FSX and still mud flats. So, since I am unable to repair the current install, will be doing a re-install. My question is this, is it possible to copy the simobjects folders onto my desktop, delete/defrag/reinstall FSX. I want to then install my simobjects folder back into FSX, deleting the stock one. I don't want to reinstall all of my aircraft, takes too long.

Help and advice greatly appreciated.

Matt

NoNewMessages
March 15th, 2010, 18:57
Besides the SimObjects folder, you would need to copy the Gauges folder and the Effects folder.

strykerpsg
March 15th, 2010, 19:22
Cool! Just to re-cap though, I don't have to re-install the sim objects add ons, so long as I also copy guages and effects folders too? That would be great if true. Thanks, if I understood you correctly.

Matt

roger-wilco-66
March 19th, 2010, 02:05
You might want to check the FSX root directory for folders that correspond to certain third party aircraft and backup these as well, otherwise some functions (e.g. aircraft configuration) could be lost.
Also keep in mind that some aircraft come with additional scenery, missions or flights.

Cheers,
Mark

strykerpsg
March 19th, 2010, 12:31
Thanks all for the suggestions. I just committed to a complete re-install, just have too many things to chance CTD's.

Matt