PDA

View Full Version : ASUS laptop and Wide Screen monitor Review

Dangerousdave26
March 15th, 2010, 17:07
If you read down (maybe up by the time you read this) you will see I had a few problems last year which caused me to need to purchase a new laptop and a new monitor.

The monitor I purchased is an ASUS VW246H purchased from Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

I had to set up custom color settings but other than that it works perfectly. No problems since I got it the end of January.

The laptop I purchased was an ASUS G72Gx from Best Buy. (yeah I know but its the one I wanted and they had it cheapest)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B2+D uo+Processor+-+Black/9556125.p?id=1218124208054&skuId=9556125

While the second one has not been a problem the first one I bought had the hard drive blow up 9 days after I bought it. I took it back to the store and all I wanted was a new hard drive. I did not even want to have them restore the drive as I had an image created by Macrium Reflect. Problem was they do not repair the ASUS laptops there. They have to send them out which takes two weeks. Luckily since it was under 14 days or 15 can't remember which they were willing to replace it.

So I got another new laptop same everything. So far so good the hard drive is working fine.

It was a pain getting the second laptop because I had to go over the whole thing again and remove all of Best Buy's extra crap they put on it. That and updates takes a day almost.

This laptop was not bought to run FSX specifically. Just to run it better than my old gaming rig which is a P4 3.0 Ghz bla bla (you all know those specs runs FS9 just fine but FSX pukes).

Anyway the end result is it runs FSX great as far as I am concerned. Almost all of the sliders are full right (except autogen and traffic) and it is delivering 25 frames a second locked with no trouble. Of course those details might change I tested with the trike something I knew would be low frame rate hit from the plane the test was to see how it handled a large city like New York. All was good

Anyone looking for a laptop I will stand behind the fact that this is a good one. I don't look at the hard drive as a real issue some times those things happen.