PDA

View Full Version : Movie; Epic Victory Jet and new Orbx Australia Au

Lionheart
March 15th, 2010, 14:41
Hey all,

This is a new movie by Laurie Doering that features the new Orbx scenery for the Australia Au series. He was going to use the Epic LT and I offered him the Beta of the Epic Victory VLJ instead.

He is a great movie maker. He uses the Sony Vegas editing software and evidently has a powerful FSX rig to be able to film with super smooth frames.....

Love it! Nice work Laurie / LCD Simulations...

"Sunrise over Uluru-Ayers Rock"

http://www.vimeo.com/10165595

Bill

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2010, 14:43
LOL how dare you Bill!!!

First you tempt us with one of the most beautiful FS planes ever modeled, and then you put orbx scenery behind it.

OMG this video is hard to watch lol. It is way too pretty.

ryanbatc
March 15th, 2010, 14:44
Wow! Beautiful plane! Good lighting in the video as well. Does this use the same gauges as the Kodiak? I have some stutter issues with that one. I realize a lot of people say they get great results but for some reason on my system it's stuttery.

Lionheart
March 15th, 2010, 14:50
Wow! Beautiful plane! Good lighting in the video as well. Does this use the same gauges as the Kodiak? I have some stutter issues with that one. I realize a lot of people say they get great results but for some reason on my system it's stuttery.

Hey Ryan,

Yes, the same gauge platform as the Kodiak and Epic LT, so if your computer didnt like those, this will be more of the same. We did some work on this level of Garmins, but they have been optimized as much as possible unless we find a way to use JPG's instead of Bitmaps for gauges, lol..

Were your frame rate losses in VC view or only in 2D panel mode? Usually complaints (if any) on the Garmins were in 2D panel mode with super wide monitors and seemed to be only with the PFD screen. Some GC cards were having issues rendering the PFD squashed in the monitor.

Bill

ryanbatc
March 15th, 2010, 15:00
Hey thanks!

Lionheart
March 15th, 2010, 15:18
Here are several screenshots of the bird so far. These are of course by the infamous Nick Churchill on his 4/quad, liquid cooled dual SLI super computer. Note that you can see houses 100 miles away with complete ease and detail. Must be nice....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4436785204_9bd7dc52a9_o.jpg

White on Burgandy; N005EV

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4436785630_5300d015fe_o.jpg

White on Brown; Luggage Deployed

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4436785020_7f6e826603_o.jpg

N7773J in a climbout; stripes slightly resemble a bird in flight

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4436011483_91063d30ab_o.jpg

Night glow instrumentation; burled wood variant panel; one of 5 themes

This aircraft features a cool Emergency Oxygen system with countdown. Flip the switch and the system goes active, (in case of cabin pressurization failure when at high altitude). The Altitude Pressurization gauge (small square unit next to the round Oxygen gauge) now has some functionality, but only to the degree of showing working data. We havent been able to figure out anything about the actual gauge, so it stays a fictional gauge, which is only all that we can do with it as you have no 'oxygen monitoring' routes in the FS world anyways... :d

Bill

N2056
March 15th, 2010, 15:20
That is a great video!
The Victory is really looking good, I look forward to giving it a go :d

Rezabrya
March 15th, 2010, 15:29
Bill, I gotta say that your planes get better and better with each one. This plane is looking amazing and I can't wait to spend my money on it.

pilottj
March 15th, 2010, 15:41
Looking great Bill :D Are you planning on updating the LT panel with some of the panel enhancments you've made to the Victory such as a com/nav selector panel?

Cheers
TJ

ryanbatc
March 15th, 2010, 15:56
These are of course by the infamous Nick Churchill on his 4/quad, liquid cooled dual SLI super computer. Note that you can see houses 100 miles away with complete ease and detail. Must be nice....

LOL! I know a Nick C screenshot when I see one but for real, thanks for the honesty!!! I can't think of a single developer that would post sweet shots and then say they were taken with a super fast PC with excellent graphics!

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2010, 16:24
O_O

Those screenies are :jawdrop:

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 16:28
Bill that is so freakin' awesome on soooooo many levels! Great work and a great video my friend
Ted

harleyman
March 16th, 2010, 03:17
Oh My Bill...What an awsome plane bud....It really is getting just better and better for you ....This looks just amazing...I too can't wait for her !

The Vid was to sweet also...Hard to believe its all computer generated too...WOW

FLighT01
March 16th, 2010, 03:33
Credit card at the ready. The more I fly the Kodiak and Epic the more amazed I am with the workings of the glass cockpits and integration with the GPS and Auto Pilot. I never really got involved in learning MS's stock planes with glass very much and this adds a lot to the flight sim experience. The VLJ will complement the other two nicely.

Chacha
March 16th, 2010, 03:58
Wow....

:ernae: :ernae: :ernae:

Doering
March 17th, 2010, 08:01
Hey guys,

Sorry I have missed the Epic Victory party over here. Rest assure, there will be no disappointment when you get in the left hand seat. Described in another forum as one sexy jet.

Lionheart
March 17th, 2010, 10:05
Hey Laurie,

Welcome to the SOH.

Here, you'll find fellow movie makers, combat plane enthusiasts, General Aviation enthusiasts, Tubeliner addicts, classics pilots, and us lowly, gray eyebrowed developers.

:ernae:

Great movie!

Bill

cheezyflier
March 17th, 2010, 12:11
WOW

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

warchild
March 17th, 2010, 19:13
I gotta admit Bill, after the LT this has got me drooling really badly for another few weeks as i await my paycheck.
you keep puttin out work like this and i'm gonna need to go back to school to get better skillz ::lol:;

robcap
March 17th, 2010, 21:29
Nice movie, does the plane justice!

Doering
March 20th, 2010, 17:06
Congrats on the release!