PDA

View Full Version : Video honoring WWII pilots at Duxford

Coletrain
March 15th, 2010, 11:24
So this video got passed along my way...and I have to say it's one of the neatest pieces over WWII and Mustangs that I've watched. If you're into old warbirds, you should really check it out.

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=19672e01&a=feature?utm_source=simouthse&utm_medium=social_forums3/2/2010www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=83f4f2ce&a=featureDuxford&utm_campaign=WoodsFollowUp

Anyone ever been to Dux before?

JorisVandenBerghe
March 15th, 2010, 12:35
I was there for Flightlevel.be, covering last year's Flying Legends air show. First time at Duxford, I'll never forget it.

I'll do it again this year - if IWM Duxford provides me with an accreditation, that is.

I'm still looking for a B&B to stay at for three nights, since I don't live in the UK (boy, would I love to live in Cambridgeshire...Duxford close, Little Gransden not too far, not to mention the Shuttleworth collection...).

The one where we stayed last year was magnificent: great breakfast, friendly people, comfortable rooms, very nice interior (The Highfield Farm, on Tempsford Road in Sandy) but I must admit it was relatively expensive and about 40 minutes driving to Duxford. Nice and quiet, too.

I hope to meet Stephen Grey or another pilot this year (if one of them has some spare time and I've got the time to prepare an interview etc)...that would be a dream.

One of the very best videos I have seen so far about Duxford, but I seem to have seen it before somewhere ?