PDA

View Full Version : Close shave !!!!!!

kilo delta
March 13th, 2010, 14:20
Don't know what to say about this......

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/cops-woman-crashes-car-shaving-privates/story?id=10065885

LMAO :d

Trans_23
March 13th, 2010, 14:47
Neither One Noticed SUV in Front of Them

Ya think???:wavey:

Ken Stallings
March 13th, 2010, 15:27
In my opinion, people who do things this blatently stupid while driving a car need to be charged with felony crimes. It's not enough in my view to charge them with reckless driving. I'm thinking the act itself, regardless of whether it results in accidents, must be charged. Something along the lines of public endangerment or perhaps even attempted vehicular assault.

People have to use their brains.

The worst outcome is that the handful of true idiots make it tough for the rest of us. The craze against cell phones is a reaction to people who drive stupid while using them. Talking and driving can be no more dangerous than talking and flying an airplane. And imagine pilots being unable to talk on the radio while flying!

The key is the right equipment and moreover the right discipline. Hang the phone up in crowded or urban traffic. Lose your focus on the phone call vice the road. The adage in aviation is "aviate, navigate, communicate." You first fly the plane, ensure its going in the right direction, and then as the third priority communicate with the outside world.

But too many fools like this woman don't use the brains God gave them and so society feels compelled to pass laws that treat children like children!

Ken

stansdds
March 13th, 2010, 16:11
Uhhhhh... I don't know what to say.:monkies:

Curtis P40
March 13th, 2010, 16:50
You folks in Florida can keep her.
:bump:

cheezyflier
March 13th, 2010, 20:08
In my opinion, people who do things this blatently stupid while driving a car need to be charged with felony crimes. It's not enough in my view to charge them with reckless driving. I'm thinking the act itself, regardless of whether it results in accidents, must be charged. Something along the lines of public endangerment or perhaps even attempted vehicular assault.

willful negligence, perhaps? i agree, there should be a more severe charge for acts of this type.

tigisfat
March 13th, 2010, 21:25
The worst outcome is that the handful of true idiots make it tough for the rest of us.

Ken, I'm usually outspoken about the new laws created every day to tell me what I can't do because of others' mistakes, but I think a law against shaving @#$%s while driving would have no absolutely no effect on me. :icon_lol:

centuryseries
March 14th, 2010, 04:20
Would be worse if you guys had more roundabouts :icon_lol:

Here in the UK you can't drive down the road without the police radar guns, speed cameras (or should I say safety cameras) speed humps, traffic calming etc. Granted over there you can be shot if you're woefully inadequate :icon_lol: but driving seems much more pleasurable and fun without the risk of penalty points and a fine every other mile!

tigisfat
March 14th, 2010, 21:10
Would be worse if you guys had more roundabouts :icon_lol:

Here in the UK you can't drive down the road without the police radar guns, speed cameras (or should I say safety cameras) speed humps, traffic calming etc. Granted over there you can be shot if you're woefully inadequate :icon_lol: but driving seems much more pleasurable and fun without the risk of penalty points and a fine every other mile!

I have good memories of the magic roundabout in Swindon. Most of them involve blasting through it sliding or at high speeds at 3:00 clock in the morning coming and going from Fairford.

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 03:28
You folks in Florida can keep her.
:bump:

Now ya know why I wanna get the heck outta this state ... :kilroy: