PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Missle?

whitehawk_2009
March 12th, 2010, 17:22
I am looking for a missile to replace the Wasp for my M3 basher. They're great against M5s but with the swarm the impacts are spaced out too much and the shield regenerates.

WH

gigabyte
March 12th, 2010, 18:52
WH, there are several you could use, I guess it depemds on what you really want to go after and wheather you are trying to destroy or capture? The best thing to do is load your ship based on the mission goal and what you expect (not easy I Know) and you always have to consider the purpose, if you are just trying to "Blow Stuff Up" go for the ship killers, the ones with the Big Pumch like the Hammerhead are slow, but when they hit you want to be some place else. If you are trying to capture ships you want a missle that destroys shields Cyclones or Typhons do a fairly good job on those.

Check this link for some quick Missle stats that can help in choosing your loadout.

http://roguey.freewha.com/gaming/pc/x3/help/missiles.php?inMod=1

Lionheart
March 12th, 2010, 20:03
If......... you have self control and never fire ahead of time
If........ you never launch missles 'close' to your targets
If........ you go after the 'big' ships more then fighter to fighter confrontations....

then you might be interested in trying out Hammerheads..

* They are slow
* They have a kill radius that is something like 200 meters, maybe 190..
* They can take out ANY small ships in the area of the blast in one shot (if you launch a one at a giant ship that has 10 fighters humming around it, all of those fighters will perish in the blast, but the missle doesnt always take out the big ones, only dents them as they have huge shields).

Note; the big ships will attempt to shoot this missle out before its close. The missle can be shot down 'without' the blast occurring. Evidently it will not arm until it hits its target.

Not a good missle for small fighters that hunt fighters..