PDA

View Full Version : challenge/advice/help/project??

Daveroo
March 12th, 2010, 15:32
Hi all..ive decided to start over so to speak..ive used FS9 for many years and reciently got into FSX ,but i bought A2A's J3 cub and got accu-sim for it.i want to start over and re-learn to fly and also do my own challenges's's.i have mega sceanery las vegas/reno/tahoe/sacramento and my local KAUN/C39.what i do/did is to fly VOR to VOR using the GPS under VFR from kaun to las vegas..land restart mt flight to reno do the same to either truckee or lake tahoe,either south lake airport or on the water in the PBY or goose,and then back to kaun.
now i want to do this with the J3 cub.it supposedly can go to 11,000+ feet and has a 220 mile range....im not sure this would be realistic in real life..the 11,000ft part...my challenge is.....givin the range of 200 miles and a realistic cieling..how would you go from auburn california..northeast of sacramento to las vegas?

last years eaa meet in marysville ca i met a man with a stearman who came from vegas who said he came over somewhere down south,went out over the LA basin and up the coast to SF and then up the sacramento valley.so..would you have to do this as well in the cub??

NoNewMessages
March 12th, 2010, 17:56
givin the range of 200 miles and a realistic cieling..how would you go from auburn california..northeast of sacramento to las vegas?

Head south on Hwy 99. When you get to Bakersfield, turn left on Hwy 58. Follow Hwy 58 to Barstow, turn left on I-15. Follow it to Las Vegas. Both Tehachapi Pass (Hwy 58) and Mountain Pass (I-15) are under 5,000'.

Lionheart
March 12th, 2010, 19:12
Sounds like my dad. :d

If he was lost, he would fly down really low and read the signs to make sure he was on the right highway... err.. flying over the right highway. If you had ever seen a Stinson Voyager or Fairchild 24R flying low over the California highways, that was him, checking the signs.

Bill

viking3
March 12th, 2010, 23:26
That's what I call IFR..... I Follow Roads:kilroy:

Regards, Rob