PDA

View Full Version : Epic/Kodiak shared cockpit capable?

pilottj
March 12th, 2010, 07:47
Hey folks, just wondering if Bill's Garmin 1000 birds are capable of the FSX shared cockpit feature.

CHeers
TJ

Lionheart
March 12th, 2010, 08:43
Just curious, what do you need for compatability. I am sure I can make that happen.

Does one simply need the co-pilot view location in the config file? I usually put in a backseat view point, but a co-pilot seat position is super easy to do.

Bill

pilottj
March 12th, 2010, 09:19
I was just curious about it because I enjoy having the company of a copilot or passenger sometimes. As I understand it some planes work and some don't due to gauge complexities that are beyond the default MS framework. I would be happy to help test that feature out with you if you like.

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
March 12th, 2010, 11:54
Hey PilotTJ,

Sounds like both people simply need the same plane, and I believe you need a co-pilot seat. Then when you link to the other flyer, you select either the pilot or passenger mode. If passenger, then when you are flying, you watch the controls move on their own and you simply take in the flight.

Its pretty cool. I havent heard about it in ages, since FSX came out. I'll see if there are any other things to learn about this that will be required.

Bill

pilottj
March 12th, 2010, 12:22
Sounds good Bill,

Yeah see if you can try it out with someone else who owns a Kodiak or Epic and see if the gauges sync ok.

Thanks much
TJ