PDA

View Full Version : 'I Don't Know What To Say Here'...

Panther_99FS
March 11th, 2010, 14:45
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=836978

kilo delta
March 12th, 2010, 03:30
:frown:

Chacha
March 12th, 2010, 03:54
:frown:

Panther_99FS
March 12th, 2010, 05:10
Well...
At least some of the forum members thought it was a child-like act.....

Chacha
March 12th, 2010, 05:20
Well...
At least some of the forum members thought it was a child-like act.....

... someone needs attention? perhaps? :pop4:

Tracon
March 12th, 2010, 05:23
POTN users are another breed. They take a lot of pride in their Canon gear and many won't hesitate to bash Nikon or Sony. You learn to tune it out. Great photographers use Nikon, too, so let the kids be kids.

AckAck
March 12th, 2010, 05:58
And I'm sure you've all read the comments about it being a non-usable, non-functional camera and lens, out of warranty, costs more to fix it than buy a new one, yada, yada, yada, etc.

Stupid video, but its not torturing kids or anything - it's destroying a non-functional machine. (On a marble column...with a propane torch...) It's not a classic collectors item, nor is it likely to be any time. It's not a national treasure, or part of history to be preserved. It's a dead camera.

Video posted on a Canon fan website to delight the Nikon haters...who didn't bite.

What is there to say about it though? Why should you say anything about it? And, more specifically, why did I? That's probably the real question... :mixedsmi:

Brian

JorisVandenBerghe
March 12th, 2010, 06:48
I hate to see a piece of equipment getting destroyed this way. If I'd buy a new camera, my 'old' A350 would not be destroyed or thrown away like a piece of crap...I made photos with it, of which I am, just personally, proud.

So just like an old friend, she'll remain here for quite some time. I'm fairly sure more people feel about their camera as I do.

Tracon
March 12th, 2010, 09:39
My first DSLR was the original Canon 300D Digital Rebel. I will never get rid of it, as it was the starting point of my photography. She's got memories I'm not willing to forget!

Panther_99FS
March 12th, 2010, 11:25
And I'm sure you've all read the comments about it being a non-usable, non-functional camera and lens, out of warranty, costs more to fix it than buy a new one, yada, yada, yada, etc.

Brian

Sure did.
But the originating poster stated this only after a few others with more sense stated what they thought of the originator's post...