March 10th, 2010, 21:30
By 1/2 a billion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/109029/worlds-billionaires-2010

harleyman
March 11th, 2010, 02:11
Awww I so feel for him....NOT

lifejogger
March 11th, 2010, 04:17
i can't even imagine what it would be like to be worth that much money.

Snuffy
March 11th, 2010, 04:26
If memory serves me correctly, Gates has been unseated for two years now ...

This quote may prove that ...

Bill Gates, who had held the title of world's richest 14 of the past 15 years.

So with that record and the one just recently recorded, that makes two years running. :) Good for him, its nice to see him come down to our level. LOL!

cheezyflier
March 11th, 2010, 05:25
somehow i don't think that translates into him worrying about how to make the payments on his yacht, bentley, private island, army of fembots, etc :icon_lol:

safn1949
March 11th, 2010, 06:31
I think you guys would be amazed at the amount of money he gives away to charities through his foundation.:d

rayrey10
March 11th, 2010, 06:53
I think you guys would be amazed at the amount of money he gives away to charities through his foundation.:d

You are correct. Bill Gates and his wife, Linda I think is her name, a quiet the "philanthropist".

Lionheart
March 11th, 2010, 07:08
I cant imagine 'one' Billion... let alone 56 Billion... One man worth that much... wild..

I have always said that Mexico will become a world power.

Why?

Because they manufacture. They work and thus they bring in jobs from other lands.

Of all the places in the world for the richest man in the world to come from, and in the worst of times, it is Mexico.

brad kaste
March 11th, 2010, 07:26
.....You're so right Safn. Here's the link to the Bill and Melinda Gates Fountation:
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
This foundation has done a lot for public education and health issues throughout the US and world.

Bjoern
March 11th, 2010, 12:05
Note to self: Get on that list before dying.

AckAck
March 12th, 2010, 05:26
Which list - Forbes' Richest, or Bill Gates' Charities?

Brian

RyanJames170
March 12th, 2010, 06:10
Which list - Forbes' Richest, or Bill Gates' Charities?

Brian

Forbes Richest i bet.. im going to put money on that one

cheezyflier
March 12th, 2010, 08:08
some of his philanthropy was poorly thought out, imo.
he gave a billion dollars to the united abominations.

Bjoern
March 12th, 2010, 08:34
he gave a billion dollars to the united abominations.

Right. Should have given it to me instead so that I could call myself "Emperor of the seven continents" by now.

Lionheart
March 12th, 2010, 08:39
I have alot of respect for Bill Gates. He must have an awesome wife too. I havent heard alot about her, but they are always together and they have been through ALOT together, shoulder to shoulder. Behind every good man is a woman pushing him there.

That guy has effected the world in a great way. We are typing on these threads with computers and software that he was responsible for, as a team leader, visionary, organizer, etc. I am a Apple lover as well, and surely it was just for competition and to be different that Apple came about so that there wouldnt just be one single form of OS out there. Now there are many, all brought about by a single team of people that worked so hard on a new form of OS that became such an amazing thing.

I hope Bill and his lovely wife have an awesome retirement. They have done alot and I hope they have a good bit of relaxation and fun.

Bill

rayrey10
March 12th, 2010, 21:21
Well put Bill! :applause:

tigisfat
March 12th, 2010, 21:35
I hope Bill and his lovely wife have an awesome retirement. They have done alot and I hope they have a good bit of relaxation and fun.

Bill

I agree, well said. Most people automatically hate someone who's filthy rich just because they're rich. Bill and Linda have nearly eradicated human suffering from malaria in many parts of the world. Can you imagine having an impact like that?

Ken Stallings
March 13th, 2010, 06:18
Yeah, but it's not bad to be the second richest man in the world two years after retirement!

Gates built it all from nothing. So, I have nothing but genuine respect for the man. I've always tried to live a philosophy where I do not covet another person's success. For me, if it is legal and moral, I've always celebrated the opportunity for people to work hard and achieve success. If for no other reason, by doing so, I hope that other people avoid coveting my own success. Furthermore, this should preserve the opportunity for future generations.

It was Abraham Lincoln who perhaps said it best when he advised people to build their own homes vice burn someone else's down, lest someone else desire to burn his down!

Cheers,

Ken