PDA

View Full Version : A2A B-17 Video

Kiwikat
March 10th, 2010, 19:57
Thought you guys might want to check her out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPjn1L0elw

MudMarine
March 10th, 2010, 20:06
NICE!!:jump::applause:

Kiwikat
March 10th, 2010, 20:10
NICE!!:jump::applause:

I think that's a massive understatement. I just about fell off my chair. :salute:

Rezabrya
March 10th, 2010, 20:12
That looks amazing! I will be buying this for sure.

Gdavis101
March 10th, 2010, 20:47
WOW! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

Does this mean an all new B-17 too? I don't care, all I know is that I must have it!

Trans_23
March 10th, 2010, 20:50
Incredible! :applause:

jankees
March 10th, 2010, 21:46
I want it I want it I want it!!!

RCAF_Gunner
March 10th, 2010, 22:14
Thanks for the HU ~ nice demo of the new features. I'm really looking forward to the Accusim package for the B-17 after seeing that video.

roger-wilco-66
March 10th, 2010, 22:43
Holy moly! :applause:

Sky~6
March 10th, 2010, 22:50
Wow, what a video......I am buying this for sure.....Thankyou for the HU

deimos256
March 11th, 2010, 01:19
:applause::applause::applause:

That video blew me away! An instant purchase for sure! Gotta start saving my pennies for this puppy

Paul K
March 11th, 2010, 01:47
The Accusim features are very impressive indeed, but there are aspects of that exterior model which bother me. I'll get something 'Accusim-ed' one day; a DC-4 would be very nice.

Great film, nice to watch, and really gives a tour of the product.

Javis
March 11th, 2010, 01:48
Hot Dang!!! I don't believe this!!! I JUST DON'T !!!

That's just toooo big a leap from the WOP B-17 with the midget crew! ( i swear i've seen the new crew talking to eachother !! )
Breathtaking amazing job A2A !! :applause::applause::applause: That video is unreal !! :isadizzy:

Cheers,
Jan

deimos256
March 11th, 2010, 02:09
Quick question, certainly not a deal breaker, but will there be a model without the chin turret? The F I think? Just curious.

LCBORDEN
March 11th, 2010, 02:25
HOT DAMN!! OUT-----STANDING....The kind of immersive action I have longed for. I am sooooooo ready for this addon. Way to go A2A.... Looks like the moths in my wallet will see some sunshine just as soon as this is released.

Ol' Jarhead :applause:

Tim-HH
March 11th, 2010, 02:48
Wow :applause:

Greetings
Tim

Lewis-A2A
March 11th, 2010, 03:25
Hey guys,

Glad you like the video. I know its been the bane of codys existance for a little while now, heheh.

The accu-sim pack just installs onto the existing WOPII B-17G. So for those interested in the accu-sim stuff you can just install it right over if you already have the WOP version.

The G model is modelled here. Unfortuatly the F model is too different systems wise for us to model both of them to the degree we like to work too.

Paul I trust youre eye, so please PM me or post on the 'other' forum. If you dont ill be forced to round up Gary and go hunting Cambridge for you. :salute:

Snuffy
March 11th, 2010, 03:30
Now we need a B-24 done up the same way! :icon_eek:

It looks good guys. I have a distinct feeling I'm gonna have to learn to fly this girl all over again.

Ian Warren
March 11th, 2010, 04:42
All the above comments off grandure and how brilliant this is ... i'll take three and double what was said ... little cowl flap shap at each engine start .. WOUZZER! :)

txnetcop
March 11th, 2010, 05:02
As usual this baby is brilliantly conceived and done. Kudos to the whole A2A team and the genius behind it all Scott and Rob! You have assembled one of the finest teams today and carried out an extremely difficult task! BRAVO!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

kilo delta
March 11th, 2010, 05:09
Wow....If the accusim'd -17 is this impressive just how good will the F-4 be???? I'm off to buy a bone dome an' G-suit!:icon_lol:

Fantastic video,Cody...you've just sold another -17 on the strength of that video.:applause:

Paul K
March 11th, 2010, 05:16
Paul I trust youre eye, so please PM me or post on the 'other' forum.

I already raised one of the two issues there, and was told in no uncertain terms to stop looking at FSX as a 3D model viewer and concentrate on the wondrous flight dynamics and systems. Has something changed ? Wouldn't want you 'peeved' again, Lewis.

If people can't see the problems, then I am envious because they are going to get an Accusim B-17 they are 100% happy with. If people can see them, well its their money and their choice as ever. My choice is to eagerly await A2A's future releases.

DC-4, C-46 or C-119 please.

Lewis-A2A
March 11th, 2010, 05:26
Paul, stop being silly and let me know.

Last time you had told me about errors on the B29 which I still have noted down ready for if we re-visit the B29.

PS, turn your sodding phone on!

foreigndevil
March 11th, 2010, 05:54
That's really something!:applause::applause::applause:

MCDesigns
March 11th, 2010, 06:14
Very impressive aircraft and impressive video, I can imagine what a pain it must have been for Cody.
I honestly can't see making the time to go thru the systems that are modeled with Accusim, but I was impressed nonetheless.

I'm with Snuffy though, need the B-24 next, LOL

empeck
March 11th, 2010, 06:19
Give me a combat flight simulator with aircraft modeled like this one...

MudMarine
March 11th, 2010, 06:34
SOLD SOLD SOLD, RELEASE IT RELEASE IT RELEASE IT!! I wish FSX aircraft were modeled as perfectly as my life is!:icon_lol:

MudMarine
March 11th, 2010, 06:37

Wouldn't that be SWEET!! Imagine a sky full of accu-sim B-17s with actual firing gun positions! Imagaine a sky full of accu-sim P-51Ds and P-47s with dare I dream; Accu-sim Fw190s and 109s!!! The GLORY!!!

alehead
March 11th, 2010, 07:06
Beautiful stuff there...

Love the Accusim stuff!

Andrew

Zorg_DK
March 11th, 2010, 07:32
Fantastic as always A2A :medals: :icon29:

Bomber_12th
March 11th, 2010, 07:49
Amazing features, and brilliant video production! Very inspirational to a dev like me!

My favorite aspect about this Accu-Sim treatment, may just have to be the shaky engine cowls and instrument panel - talk about attention to details! The updated textures look extremely nice as well, as do the new schemes. With the aircraft on the ground, and parked, it just looks so much more proper now with the ladders and items about the aircraft, and the animations and communication provided by the crew is mind-blowing! I'm confident that it isn't something I need, nor will have the time to invest in, but I am extremely impressed!

gajit
March 11th, 2010, 07:54
Excellent - I will buy it just for all the ladders - great work :salute:

Roadburner440
March 11th, 2010, 08:16
:jawdrop::icon_eek:

hammer353
March 11th, 2010, 08:56
I bought the WOP 2 B-17 the other day and thought that looked good. Now with accusim making the B-17 more realistic, this makes it even better.:jump::jump::jump:

robcap
March 11th, 2010, 09:09
Wonderfull ! I guess I just HAVE to buy this. How s**n is s**n???

R.

MudMarine
March 11th, 2010, 09:57
Wonderfull ! I guess I just HAVE to buy this. How s**n is s**n???

R.

I bet this weekend! Knowing A2A from past experiences, they never release info or videos until a few days before the release! This weekend is going to be a bombing time!!........maybe?

ryanbatc
March 11th, 2010, 10:26
Meh I think I'll pass. Not my type of flying - up in the sky in a big lug lol

Still the accusim part looks fun

limjack
March 11th, 2010, 10:36
I am going to have to take up flight simming full time to enjoy all these Gold nuggets. NIce job!!!!!

Wing_Z
March 11th, 2010, 10:39

+1... if you're going to take the time to learn all that stuff, your trigger finger is going to be twitching by the end of it.
:sniper: :a1310: :tgun2:

guzler
March 11th, 2010, 11:47
I've already got the base model and love it. I just don't have the patience for this even though it is an incredible addon, but would love some of the effects such as the vibrating cowls and panel for the existing model.

empeck
March 11th, 2010, 12:15
+1... if you're going to take the time to learn all that stuff, your trigger finger is going to be twitching by the end of it.
:sniper: :a1310: :tgun2:

I could deal with that. I fly Ka-50 in DCS :wavey:

Mr.Mugel
March 11th, 2010, 13:26
Just stunning! I allways had a sweet spot for the B-17, it is just so full of grace, seen as a machine I mean. When it arrived at Hahnweide last year it was an amazing moment, to actually see one of those machines!

Great Video Cody, really shows what it is about!

One thing that disturbs me visually is the windshield windows, they just seem to be a tad to large, the center brace to thin. Could be just me, anyway....

Maybe I have to give in about my not-spending-much-money-on-FS-stuff-rule for this one...

DX-FMJ
March 11th, 2010, 14:20
WOW :salute:

BOOM
March 11th, 2010, 14:24
I'm lov'in the detail shown!! Very nice work on the vid Cody!!

PRB
March 11th, 2010, 14:38
Great video, but...! (You knew that was comming... ) :d

What about the hydraulic accumulator pressure builder-upper pump that goes off every couple of minutes? It's very noticeable from the flight deck, even over the engines, but you really notice it during taxi. It goes “waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” every few minutes. Very cool. Sounds like one of those cheap air compressors you can buy at the Home Depot, but higher pitch... When I flew In Liberty Belle last year I even asked the flight engineer what the frak that loud noise was. And in a book I just read about RAF Ferry Command, the author noted the same, upon the occasion of his first B-17 flight. Its evidently a uniquely "B-17 thing", and so would be a cool touch for an Accu-Xtreme Fortress...

Scratch
March 11th, 2010, 15:16
HOT DANG!!!!!!!!!!!:salute::jump::wavey:

Lewis-A2A
March 12th, 2010, 03:25
Hey guys,

the video just scratches the surface of what this is all about, obviously in a video its all about the new visual stuff, but the under the hood improvements are brilliant. The radio alone makes long hauls so much fun.

PRB, yep.

Combat fs?, well its an interesting thought :p:

jankees
March 12th, 2010, 03:32
so, this weekend....??
and I'll be away for most of it...

JamesChams
March 12th, 2010, 04:20
A2A Staff & Mr. Cody B.,
It's about time... Nicely done! :salute:

Thanks for the Info. and will look forward to seeing her on my machine as well.:wiggle:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Lewis-A2A
March 12th, 2010, 08:41
Hey guys,

Just want to make it clear that the B-17 can be flown by me.

As accu-sim evolves we try to learn from each release and so with the B-17 the crew has been made all important and can handle more than any previous release.

So if you want the realism without having to constently tweak systems all the time, you can hand off stuff to the co-polit and a little known fact is that the B-17 is flown with the turbo dial. So all you will be adjusting innormal flight with the co-pilot handling, intercooler and rpm is one dial. It takes a little while to get used too having the throttle at 100% throughout most the flight but you soon get use to the relaxed flying, witht he co-pilot doing all the work :engel016:.

Though jumping in when wastegates etc get stuck is a good idea, stop engine, feather, cut fuel and get down for the ground crew to give you the proper report on the damage upon landing.

MudMarine
March 12th, 2010, 09:03
That's nice Lewis.................RELEASE IT NOW!!:jump::applause::icon_lol::salute:

stiz
March 12th, 2010, 09:20
Just want to make it clear that the B-17 can be flown by me.

and i think, that there, says it all! :icon_lol:

deffenitly on my to buy list :applause:

HercFan
March 12th, 2010, 10:22
My view on it (as I posted on FTX forum this morning):

Personally, it's the one I was waiting for. I won't start another "admiration" thread on how Accu-Sim is the greatest achievement in FLIGHT simulator (not counting the graphical work by FTX).

But this is the way I see it. I (this is just me) am a sucker for realism. That's why I don't just buy every single new "flavour" of the day add-on that comes out. I like to research and wait and see. That's not to say I just stay on the sideline all the time.

But what Accu-Sim brings (to me) is that for once I don't need to fake or mimic most of the reality I try to duplicate while flight simming. It's already built in.

Back to the fact that this is a bigger plane. I too now stay away for them, once again for the reality aspect of it. Yes, I am an "Herc" fan (mostly real life) and in the sim also. Of course the Capt Sim version is fun, but not realistic in the fact that in real life, it ain't a single pilot operation. Same goes with basically ALL the not one single pilot planes in FS. And that's why I stay away. Of course, guys like Bryan York at FS2Crew did some groundbreaking work in trying to fix that reality gap. But as an add-on.

Now, IF the B-17 is a true intelligent multi-crew experience, I will jump on it. The simple fact it as the Accu-Sim expansion on the engine side is already a winner, but add the crew and it's a must have.

I already got my hands on a B-17 flight training manual, and am looking forward to start on it, from the ground upjust like if I was a fresh recruit. Heck, I got the virtual background: read several quotes stating the B-17 was built for the "200 hour Cub pilot" arriving at flying school!

Anyhow, I am sure this will be another winner for Accu-Sim, and I will resume my praying for a V-tail Bonanza (like Scott Gentille day dreamed about in his FS Break interview)!

JIMJAM
March 12th, 2010, 10:41
I have had the honor of flying in 2 real world B17s and buying every B17 addon for every fs sim version there was. So yeah you could say I am a big fan and I will be getting this one for sure. Hopefully my computer will be able to run it with my already bloated FSX.

krazycolin
March 12th, 2010, 10:44
Looks great!

Gibbage
March 12th, 2010, 13:38
Great overall project, but those PROPS! Those things are driving me MAD! I know its a small little thing to point out, but on such a high end product, to have any sub-par compont is a little bit of an error in my openion. Also considering how SIMPLE they are to make properly. I have a video tutorial on how to make good props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qv-jRK3IW0

:salute:

Also, a tip. Do your UV mapping before the twist, not after.

Quicksand
March 12th, 2010, 14:24
I'm gonna be in hot water with Mrs QS when this comes out.... There's no way I couldn't buy it. Thanks A2A.:173go1::kilroy::applause:

Rezabrya
March 12th, 2010, 14:39
This may be a dumb question, but what aspects of the visual model are changing? It lools like the VC is new but what about the exterior? Is it a complete remake like the WOP 3 P-47 was?

Wittpilot
March 12th, 2010, 15:13
Okay... I sat down to watch this fianlly.... I only got halfway and my laptop shorted out from the drool..... I could watch no farther.... My oh my....

I must go for a few... I am going to need a new pair pants..

-witt

MCDesigns
March 12th, 2010, 16:41
Okay... I sat down to watch this fianlly.... I only got halfway and my laptop shorted out from the drool..... I could watch no farther.... My oh my....

-witt

Now THAT, is a sweeping endorsement, LOL. :ernae:

MCDesigns
March 12th, 2010, 16:52
Great overall project, but those PROPS! Those things are driving me MAD! I know its a small little thing to point out, but on such a high end product, to have any sub-par compont is a little bit of an error in my openion. Also considering how SIMPLE they are to make properly. I have a video tutorial on how to make good props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qv-jRK3IW0

:salute:

Also, a tip. Do your UV mapping before the twist, not after.

Neat little tutorial Kevin, and I agree.

Scratch
March 12th, 2010, 16:53
I'm going on a hunger strike until this one is released............okay, I'm knee deep into a plate of crawfish etoufee right now, but I swear as soon as I finish this plate I'm gonna do it dang it!!

BOOM
March 12th, 2010, 17:04
I'm going on a hunger strike until this one is released............okay, I'm knee deep into a plate of crawfish etoufee right now, but I swear as soon as I finish this plate I'm gonna do it dang it!!

Hahaha!!!!:icon_lol: Luv it!!! I've watched the vid over 50 times now! My family thinks I'm a LUNATIC!!!! They may be right!!!

trainee_pilot08
March 12th, 2010, 17:23
She's looking really good, can't wait for the release.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

MudMarine
March 12th, 2010, 17:43

What the hell is a "etoufee"? And crawfish?....those dang things live under rocks! :icon_lol: Actually I had some when I visited the Big Easy, very good! But I'm with ya on the hunger-strike.....RELEASE THE FORT, RELEASE THE FORT!!:salute:

Akatsuki
March 12th, 2010, 17:48
That video made me drool... A great vids from Cody!
As for the B-17, well, it's out this week end huh? Can't wait!:jump:

Ken Stallings
March 12th, 2010, 18:05
Certainly this B-17 is a bar raiser!

I noticed the shimmy of the cowling on start up before the narrator mentioned it. I was immediately impressed.

Ken

CodyValkyrie
March 12th, 2010, 18:35
I would like to officially thank you all for watching this video. Scott really put me through my paces, but it was worth it. This product is genuinely amazing.

I would like to say, I only make videos of products that my team and I officially endorse. A2A Simulations is a complete class act, and I hope when you all get a chance to try this plane that you feel much as I do, completely immersed.

We take a lot of pride in our clients, and as such we try to only take on products that we ourselves would use. This B-17 is simply and utterly an amazing product.

Gentlemen, and ladies, this is a product fully endorsed by Jaggyroad Films.

I would like to mention that Scott and CO. (pokes Lewis) grace me by their presence. I hope you all enjoy this product when it is released.

Roadburner440
March 12th, 2010, 18:38
I personally have not seen anything referring in any way shape or form to it coming this weekend. I would say by my best guesstimate maybe a 2/3 weeks away at the soonest. I searched their website/forums as well and didn't see anything. By no means am I complaining (I personally do hope it lands this weekend), but just want to verify before getting my hopes up. I tell you though after watching the video tons of times if they are going this far for an older WOP II aircraft. I can not wait to see what the WOP3 P-51D is going to have in store...

MudMarine
March 12th, 2010, 18:42
Quick question, certainly not a deal breaker, but will there be a model without the chin turret? The F I think? Just curious.

No F, only the G model.

MudMarine
March 13th, 2010, 04:51
OK, I'm wearing out the A2A store site waiting for an update! RELEASE IT NOW!!:jump::icon_lol:

2Low
March 13th, 2010, 05:23
I'm with you MudMarine, got a fist full of money just need directions on who to throw it at and when!

Must have patience...

Nope, need now!

Pleeeeeze!

Rezabrya
March 13th, 2010, 08:48
Be careful when you buy early on because when the Cub came out, I was the first to buy it and the product wasn't completely uploaded yet. I ran into some problems.

dswo
March 14th, 2010, 08:09
Cody, if it's not a trade secret can you tell us how you made the shot where you move from the tail of the aircraft to the front, describing what each of the stations is doing? I don't think I've seen that in FS before, at least not in flight. Is this the new EZDOK?

MudMarine
March 14th, 2010, 08:23
I'm with you MudMarine, got a fist full of money just need directions on who to throw it at and when!

Must have patience...

Nope, need now!

Pleeeeeze!

BAAAAH, patience is for whimps!!:icon_lol: RELEASE IT NOW!!.........please?!:engel016::icon_lol:

2Low
March 14th, 2010, 09:36
Are we there yet?:jump: Are we there yet?:jump: No, not yet?

How 'bout now?:jump: No, bummer! How 'bout now?:jump:

OK, I'm off to bed it will be easier to wait while sleeping.

Now? Just checking. Sigh.

GT182
March 14th, 2010, 11:26

-witt

I'm with ya on that Witt.... "Oh my, and a new pair of pants too!" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/faint.gif Tho I don't have a laptop..... just my keyboard shorted out. LOL

When I first started the video I was wondering why in hell Scott was showing us Heaven Sent and then switched to Yankee Lady. I knew he'd been with the YL crew for the obvious reasons. And in the next breathe asking why he was showing the real Yankee Lady in a video for the Accusim B-17, but it didn't register right away what was coming. Then it hit me like a brick..... this is IT..... the Accusim B-17.

Congrats Scott and A2A for a job extremely well done. No one anywhere will be able to top this. You all have set a new mark of excellence and standard for any addon to any simulation. Amazing work guys. If there was one, I'd love to give you all the "Holy Crap Marie!" award for such a great job. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

I didn't notice at first sitting here with my mouth wide open and drooling all over what Gibbage meant. Taking a second and third look, he's right. The props do need to be fixed...... sometime in the future. Tho I'm sure for now few will notice, seeing they'll be busy getting her started and in the air. Good call Gib. ;)

And when I get to see Yankee Lady again in June, I'll be looking at her with a new frame of mind this time around. :d

Snuffy
March 14th, 2010, 13:25
... I didn't notice at first sitting here with my mouth wide open and drooling all over what Gibbage meant. Taking a second and third look, he's right. The props do need to be fixed ...

Not sure what you're on about, unless you're talking about a lack of a twist in the blades, (I haven't looked all that hard as that wasn't what I was looking for,) but what I did notice about the props, is there is no prop disc any more, just the same as the P-47. When the blades spin, what you're seeing in the sim is the actual turning blades of the props as you would in real life. Notice the thickness of the prob blades in some of the side angled views.

This is what I've wanted for years, (ever since B-17II, which showed a proper blade spinning,) no disc to represent a spinning prop.

That looks awesome.

CodyValkyrie
March 14th, 2010, 14:30
Cody, if it's not a trade secret can you tell us how you made the shot where you move from the tail of the aircraft to the front, describing what each of the stations is doing? I don't think I've seen that in FS before, at least not in flight. Is this the new EZDOK?
There were/are other ways of doing it, but yes, in that particular shot I used EZDok. That program gives my team and I a significant new way to film that allows us to focus more on editing without cheap tricks. It doesn't do EVERYTHING I could have dreamed, but it has reduced our time filming and given us new and unique tools for shots just as you described.

Flight1 was kind enough to give us a copy of the software for my team. They, and the designer of the program deserve major props and kudos for the release of this software. The only negative side to it is that now everyone has access to it, whereas before it was a bit of a trade secret how we did some of this stuff. There are still things that we alone know how to do, but i digress. Regardless, competition is not a bad thing.

Gibbage
March 14th, 2010, 21:32
Not sure what you're on about, unless you're talking about a lack of a twist in the blades,

Unless you plan on rowing a boat with them, those props wont work ;) Ya, its the twist in the props. Its a very small gripe, and one that is only noticeable when its standing still. Im just being overly picky, but I guess thats what I get for being an artist ;)

Also, the overall shape just feels just way too simple. The leading and trailing edges are way too flat, plus the lack of twist, makes the props look like canoe paddle's too me.

Here is what im talking about.

Let me also say that I do NOT have a competing product, and im not currently associated with ANY 3rd party dev. Im just pointing out something I see. The rest of the product seems very top notch.

stiz
March 15th, 2010, 01:55
props look fine to me ..

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/misc/2006/B-17prop.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38813976@N04/4104321020
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65397115@N00/165228369
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14279793@N06/2488215067
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7624939@N06/854060503

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 03:42
It might help if you use to identical comparative shots ... and I did go back and look and yes there is a twist to the blades.

I think maybe, you might, as you said, be a little to critical on what you percieve.

I'm with Stiz, they look good to me and now that they rotate as a unit and don't disappear and get replaced by a disc, just blows wind right up my dress!

I like em just the way they are ...

I gotta admit that tutorial for props was extremely interesting ... I probably would have taken days to do a prop ... LOL!

MudMarine
March 15th, 2010, 05:21
I can't wait to try out the accu-sim for this bird!! I hope someone does a Fuddy Duddy paint for it! Waiting is torture....arrrgggghhh!!:jump:

I love that lucky Irish bomber jacket that guy is wearing in Stiz's picture!!

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 05:37
... I hope someone does a Fuddy Duddy paint for it! ...

Good news is that ICDP has found the bug in the original B-17 WOP2 template and has fixed the problem for the new relese with Accu-sim.

So with the new template, it shouldn't be too long or too difficult to make great skins for this. And as far as I know, all existings skins should still work.

MudMarine
March 15th, 2010, 06:02
Good news is that ICDP has found the bug in the original B-17 WOP2 template and has fixed the problem for the new relese with Accu-sim.

So with the new template, it shouldn't be too long or too difficult to make great skins for this. And as far as I know, all existings skins should still work.

Good news Snuffy! Fuddy Duddy and I go back a long ways! I was at the WarBird Museum in Geneseo NY when she first flew in, I think I was around 14-16 yrs old. What a pile of junk! Now she's a beautiful old bird!

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 06:41
Good news Snuffy! Fuddy Duddy and I go back a long ways! I was at the WarBird Museum in Geneseo NY when she first flew in, I think I was around 14-16 yrs old. What a pile of junk! Now she's a beautiful old bird!

Geneseo ... my gawd, there's a name I haven't heard in a coons age. My Dad took me to several airshows back then and I'm certain we hit Geneseo one year.

MudMarine
March 15th, 2010, 06:57
Geneseo ... my gawd, there's a name I haven't heard in a coons age. My Dad took me to several airshows back then and I'm certain we hit Geneseo one year.

:icon_lol: I've been to just about every airshow they have had from the very begining. They used to do the pumpkin drops from B-25s and the B-17 which they don't do anymore. Unfortunately Geneseo is a grass field. They talked about surfacing it but it would cost millions. So they lost Fuddy, they just couldn't afford the upkeep on her, very sad! My parents lived not too far off the western end of the flight line. So usually every weekend we'd get to see a airshow. It got to were I could hear Fuddy coming and run outside to watch her fly over head. I almost got to ride in her once but they had some engine problems and had to cancel the flight......bummer! Someday I'm going to get a ride in a B-17!!

hammer353
March 15th, 2010, 08:31
:icon_lol: I've been to just about every airshow they have had from the very begining. They used to do the pumpkin drops from B-25s and the B-17 which they don't do anymore. Unfortunately Geneseo is a grass field. They talked about surfacing it but it would cost millions. So they lost Fuddy, they just couldn't afford the upkeep on her, very sad! My parents lived not too far off the western end of the flight line. So usually every weekend we'd get to see a airshow. It got to were I could hear Fuddy coming and run outside to watch her fly over head. I almost got to ride in her once but they had some engine problems and had to cancel the flight......bummer! Someday I'm going to get a ride in a B-17!!
Any of you guys remember going to the Wings of Eagles when it was held at Batavia? Fuddy was the first plane that i walked though. I miss here those warbirds start up any fly over head. Do any of you guys plan on going to the Geneseo for the airshow in July?

MudMarine
March 15th, 2010, 08:59
I've also been to the Wings of Eagles airshow, too bad that one went away also! I might be in Geneseo this July, depends on a lot of things.

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 09:44
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to apply the 5th on this one ... Like I said, if I went at all it was when Dad took me. Unfortunately at the time, I didn't have the love of aircraft that I do now, so if we went, I don't remember other than it was probably a long hot ride from Cuba .. LOL.

OH! I'm sorry for hijacking this thread too. :banghead:

Roadburner440
March 15th, 2010, 10:17
I tell you what (I do not mean to hijack the thread either). It is a small world after all. As small as Batavia, NY is you never expect to run into people from there on here. I used to live for about a year in Portageville, and then another 4 years in Lancaster (Buffalo), NY. Never knew that we had B-17's or anything anywhere near the area. As a matter of fact when I moved up there from SC that was the end for me of seeing any kind of airshows anywherein Western NY. I did manage about 4 years ago I was flying on a SH-60B from Norfolk, VA to Jacksonville, FL and ran into the Collings Foundation B-17 & B-25 Bomber at a fuel stop. Their aircrew had already secured them for the day and were walking off as we were shutting down to take on fuel. That is the closest I have ever been to an actual flying WWII bomber. Certaintly is an impressive sight though, and one I will never forget.

GypsyBaron
March 15th, 2010, 10:39
I tell you what (I do not mean to hijack the thread either). It is a small world after all. As small as Batavia, NY is you never expect to run into people from there on here.-SNIP-.

Well, I'm from Batavia, originally. Left there when I graduated from H.S. and went into the Navy.
Discovered San Francisco during my 8 1/2 year enlistment and since it rarely snows there, decided
that that would be my home when I got out :)

I went to the airshow when it was still in Batavia a few years ago when I was back there
visiting. I've also been back over the past several Labor Day holidays to attend the
Drum Corps Associates finals in Rochester. I always stay on a few extra days to visit
friends and relatives there and to get my fill of Beef on Weck sandwiches at the Pok-a-Dot
on Ellicott Street and Pontillos pizza.

I was back there for my 50th H.S. reunion last September and discovered, sadly, that Pontillos
had closed. Latest word is that Sam ( the original owners son ) is trying to reopen it.

So, lots of Western New Yorkers hereabouts it seems :)

EDIT: And to get back on topic, there IS twist in the A2A B-17G props. It is just difficult to get a
good camera anlge view to see it. I certainly wouldn't expect to be able to gauge it from
a video.

Paul

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 11:13
Gawd! I haven't had a decent Beef on Weck in who knows how long! :banghead:

However, since Roadrunner mentioned his stint in Jax ... guess where I am now. LOL! ARGH!

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 11:48
EDIT: And to get back on topic, there IS twist in the A2A B-17G props. It is just difficult to get a
good camera anlge view to see it. I certainly wouldn't expect to be able to gauge it from
a video.

Paul

There is a very slight twist, but the fact that the leading and trailing edges are straight and VERY low polygon hides that. A prop blade is very curved and fluid, and Stiz's photo's demonstrate that very well.

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/prop2.jpg

The one on the A2A B-17 is very flat and rather lifeless. Way too low polgon for current standards in my openion. I have been modeling aircraft for 15 years and have never modeled one with a flat leading and trailing edge. Any of the clients I work for would of rejected it. Even there own logo shows a nice curvy blade.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/images/WOP.jpg

Gib

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 12:06
Kevin something about your whole argument is way out of proportion! It looks the way it does because it is a low polygon count on the props..ya know fps and all that rot. Personally I could care less what your clients would or would not reject. Accusim is going to cost plenty of frame rates if the prop polygon count goes too much higher. I have yet to buy one of your aircraft because frankly I just haven't been all that impressed. So why do we have to put up with your comments about a product we already know is a good value and fully immersive? This whole thing is just bad form! I believe I speak for most all of the moderators where when I say enough is enough. You have the option, as do others not to buy the product.
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Phogbound
March 15th, 2010, 12:18
Well, I'm from Batavia, originally. Left there when I graduated from H.S. and went into the Navy.
Discovered San Francisco during my 8 1/2 year enlistment and since it rarely snows there, decided
that that would be my home when I got out :)

I went to the airshow when it was still in Batavia a few years ago when I was back there
visiting. I've also been back over the past several Labor Day holidays to attend the
Drum Corps Associates finals in Rochester. I always stay on a few extra days to visit
friends and relatives there and to get my fill of Beef on Weck sandwiches at the Pok-a-Dot
on Ellicott Street and Pontillos pizza.

I was back there for my 50th H.S. reunion last September and discovered, sadly, that Pontillos
had closed. Latest word is that Sam ( the original owners son ) is trying to reopen it.

So, lots of Western New Yorkers hereabouts it seems :)

a video.

Paul

WOW!...Talk about a real small world. I am also from the area, Greece NY, and have attended every Wings of Eagles and Historical Aircraft Group shows at Geneseo. I'll never forget the year at Geneseo when they had all the current flying B-17's in attendence, must of been 9 or 10 of them. I am also very familiar with Drum Corps Associates that GypsyBaron mentioned. I used to march in a junior corps from Batavia, Mighty Saint Joes. I also marched and taught The Rochester Crusaders, and spent 6 years with The Empire Statesmen as M&M instructor and drum major. Hmmm not one, but two things in common....LOL

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 12:32
So why do we have to put up with your comments about a product we already know is a good value and fully immersive? This whole thing is just bad form! I believe I speak for most all of the moderators where when I say enough is enough. You have the option, as do others not to buy the product.
Ted
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

So your saying I have no right to an openion? Thats rather messed up. I have accepted other people's comments here for years, good and bad. The moment I express my own, I get jumped on? Thats a rather big double standard, and quite frankly its one I dont like. Like I said, I have no competing products, and im not associated with any dev's, so why am I disallowed from expressing my openion like a normal user of this forum? Im simply trying to express my professional openion.

Snuffy
March 15th, 2010, 12:38
I've already stated my Opinion.

I like the fact that the prop as a unit now revolves with the proper RPMs that you set and that A2A is no longer using a disc in place of prop blades!!

Yay!

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 12:43
So your saying I have no right to an openion? Thats rather messed up. I have accepted other people's comments here for years, good and bad. The moment I express my own, I get jumped on? Thats a rather big double standard, and quite frankly its one I dont like. Like I said, I have no competing products, and im not associated with any dev's, so why am I disallowed from expressing my openion like a normal user of this forum? Im simply trying to express my professional openion.

Never have I seen another developer criticizing your work, not because there hasn't been anything to criticize...it's just bad form...so I would stop now if I were you. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MudMarine
March 15th, 2010, 12:45
Simple solution, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I can't get onto the A2A store site........COULD IT BE READY?:jump:

Paul K
March 15th, 2010, 12:47
Txnetcop, Gibbage has spotted what he perceives to be a problem - why should he not point it out ? Yes, people have the option of buying the product, and equally people have the option of agreeing or disagreeing with his observations.

hammer353
March 15th, 2010, 12:48
WOW!...Talk about a real small world. I am also from the area, Greece NY, and have attended every Wings of Eagles and Historical Aircraft Group shows at Geneseo. I'll never forget the year at Geneseo when they had all the current flying B-17's in attendence, must of been 9 or 10 of them. I am also very familiar with Drum Corps Associates that GypsyBaron mentioned. I used to march in a junior corps from Batavia, Mighty Saint Joes. I also marched and taught The Rochester Crusaders, and spent 6 years with The Empire Statesmen as M&M instructor and drum major. Hmmm not one, but two things in common....LOL
I remember that airshow. what year was that? do you remember the skyraider that was at one of the Wings of Eagles airshow?

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 12:50
Txnetcop, Gibbage has spotted what he perceives to be a problem - why should he not point it out ? Yes, people have the option of buying the product, and equally people have the option of agreeing or disagreeing with his observations.

OK Paul fair question here is why?

The one on the A2A B-17 is very flat and rather lifeless. Way too low polgon for current standards in my openion. I have been modeling aircraft for 15 years and have never modeled one with a flat leading and trailing edge. Any of the clients I work for would of rejected it. Even there own logo shows a nice curvy blade.

This is unnecessary! Now how do you suppose this comment would be received by A2A? They monitor this forum and so far they have shown some class!
Ted

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 12:54
Never have I seen another developer criticizing your work, not because there hasn't been anything to criticize...it's just bad form...so I would stop now if I were you. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!
Ted
<!--Session data-->

Thats just the point, im not a developer. Im just an artist, and I have seen plenty of other artist's comment on other people's work. Its called critique. Its something we must all accept to improve our own work, and its something that I not only like, but ask for. Look back at my post's, and you will see I have commented a lot on other people's work, and almost all positive. I should have as much of a right as any other user to critique things, just as people have the right to critique my own work. I agree that bashing the SU P-38 when I had my own P-38 releasing soon was over the line, and I appologized for it, but this is not the case.

Also, if you have a problem with me, please PM me. Its rather bad form to openly bash a user and take a thread off topic, dont you think? Sometimes discretion IS the better aprt of valor.

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2010, 12:56
Simple solution, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I can't get onto the A2A store site........COULD IT BE READY?:jump:

I can get onto the store fine... no B-17 though. I don't have any money for it yet anyways. :crybaby:

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 12:57
This is unnecessary! Now how do you suppose this comment would be received by A2A? They monitor this forum and so far they have shown some class!
Ted

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

My question is, how well received is all the comments in the Alphasim thread? Its a fine line your walking, to allow negitive feedback about some developers, but not others.

If my comment at the end was over the line, I appologize. Again, I was just trying to express my professional openion.

Cazzie
March 15th, 2010, 12:59
Dang fine video by Cody too. :ernae:

I gotta have it, even though it is more airplane than I can handle, but hey, so is the P-47. Repaint Kit included I am sure. Man that looks so real.

Caz

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 13:03
Thats just the point, im not a developer. Im just an artist, and I have seen plenty of other artist's comment on other people's work. Its called critique. Its something we must all accept to improve our own work, and its something that I not only like, but ask for. Look back at my post's, and you will see I have commented a lot on other people's work, and almost all positive. I should have as much of a right as any other user to critique things, just as people have the right to critique my own work. I agree that bashing the SU P-38 when I had my own P-38 releasing soon was over the line, and I appologized for it, but this is not the case.

Also, if you have a problem with me, please PM me. Its rather bad form to openly bash a user and take a thread off topic, dont you think? Sometimes discretion IS the better aprt of valor.

Kevin how close do you have to come to being banned before you learn? You have been here before-remember? I have no problem with you pointing out a problem, it's how you do that. It seems beyond you to "get it.!" Listen to who is talking about "bad form." If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny. What I have a problem with is your absolute arrogance, when you have no reason to be arrogant. I don't doubt your expertise. So you're an artist...great shown some kind humility when pointing out an issue to another dev. They also have revenue to consider when bringing out a product just like you do!

This is a ridiculous comment:
I have been modeling aircraft for 15 years and have never modeled one with a flat leading and trailing edge. Any of the clients I work for would of rejected it. Even there own logo shows a nice curvy blade.

Ted

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2010, 13:06
:\ Can we please keep the thread on-topic about the B-17?

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 13:12
Sorry. txnetcop seems rather adimit about having it out in the thread instead of through a PM.

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 13:13
Sorry. txnetcop seems rather adimit about having it out in the thread instead of through a PM.

I think we have covered enough ground on this Kevn.I would stop now if I were you! Now back to the B-17 video!

GypsyBaron
March 15th, 2010, 15:05
-SNIP-I am also very familiar with Drum Corps Associates that GypsyBaron mentioned. I used to march in a junior corps from Batavia, Mighty Saint Joes. I also marched and taught The Rochester Crusaders, and spent 6 years with The Empire Statesmen as M&M instructor and drum major. Hmmm not one, but two things in common....LOL

Make that at least THREE!

St. Joe's snare...1954 to 1959, along with Larry Darch and Gary Ellis! And Sully is still the director!
I also marched with Joey Pero's dad and uncle back then.

I'll be at DCA this September again. I've marched with the SF Renegades in the Honor Guard
the past two DCA finals and will again this year.

We are looking forward to the Empire Statesmen making their first trip to the west coast this summer as well!

Paul

And for those anxious for the A2A B-17....patience is a virtue :)

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Dangerousdave26
March 15th, 2010, 16:17
My question is, how well received is all the comments in the Alphasim thread? Its a fine line your walking, to allow negitive feedback about some developers, but not others.

If my comment at the end was over the line, I appologize. Again, I was just trying to express my professional openion.

*negative

*apologize

*opinion

Just a little help with your spelling.:wavey:

I can see the spelling mistakes but even after you have shown the real blade vs the modeled blade I can't see the difference.

krazycolin
March 15th, 2010, 16:21
I think that if you look, you can see it. However, it needs to be said that I think that this has gotten out of hand on all sides...

Please, let's all keep our heads on and our mouths firmly shut.

kc

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 16:25
In all fairness to Kevin I can see the error and it probably will be corrected. He was right in my opinion.

Scratch
March 15th, 2010, 16:53
What I think is really cool about this bird is that no matter how many copies they sell, each owner will have a unique B-17 that has it's own quirks and maintenance problems based on how and where they fly it.

"This is my B-17, there are many like it, but this one is mine." This is the Accusim bird I have been waiting for since Accusim came into the world

PRB
March 15th, 2010, 17:01
What I think is really cool about this bird is that no matter how many copies they sell, each owner will have a unique B-17 that has it's own quirks and maintenance problems based on how and where they fly it.

"This is my B-17, there are many like it, but this one is mine." This is the Accusim bird I have been waiting for since Accusim came into the world

It would be cool if it got dirty if you didn't wash it. And bugs would collect on the windows!

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 17:01
I think that if you look, you can see it. However, it needs to be said that I think that this has gotten out of hand on all sides...

Please, let's all keep our heads on and our mouths firmly shut.

kc

You're entitled to your opinion! It changes NOTHING! That said I think we should get back on the subject

txnetcop
March 15th, 2010, 17:04
I also think it would cool to see some dirty paints. It did rain often enough I get goosebumps every time I see the video of this aircraft and the incredible features-HOT. Cody this video is way over the top Awesome
Ted

OleBoy
March 15th, 2010, 17:47
If you like it, buy it. ... I like the heck out of it!!! Is it released yet? :jump:

Draw!!!.......oops!!...The trusty CC can't take the heat. It's flimsy.

Nice work A2A. Looking forward to this one..and every other accusim you bring us.

Can you say F4U Corsair?

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 17:49
Im sure Jankees is chombing at the bit to get a hold of this one! Im with you about liking to see a little dirt on my warbirds. These things were NEVER factory fresh since by the time they got too the warzone, they had already travled THOUSANDS of miles. The only "factory fresh" warbirds was on the Germin side, since they sometimes flew them from the factory and into combat ;) Sort of a home field advantage.

With that said, the texture in the B-17 is stunning! The resolution they have to make the rivits so small! Wow. Im going to have to disect it once I get it to see how they did it. Being an artist is a constant learning experience. The moment you stop learning is the day you retire.

krazycolin
March 15th, 2010, 18:08
You're entitled to your opinion! It changes NOTHING! That said I think we should get back on the subject

Wow. am i under attack now too?

krazycolin
March 15th, 2010, 18:09
Ya, they must be using 4K texture sets to get that kind of rez.

Ken Stallings
March 15th, 2010, 18:28
Gentlemen,

This is one hell of a fine aircraft and I don't think it is even finished. I have found that the most effective ways to improve a design-in-progress is to solicit the design team's email address via PM, and then send your observations to them.

Seems in nearly all threads regarding a truly dynamic and bar-raising design, there is a road laid before us that threatens to turn the thread into a negative direction. Sometimes I wonder if the effort isn't deliberate to get the thread locked.

It sickens me!

This design is too fine to be sullied in public like this.

My appreciations to the design team of this project for staying out of the fray and keeping their dignity intact.

Cheers,

Ken

Gibbage
March 15th, 2010, 18:44
I would gain nothing from having the thread locked since im not a dev. Im sorry if that sickens you, but I have had to endure such comments in the past many times. As I said, I welcome it, because it helps me improve my own work. Sometimes after seeing a model for months, an artist tends to develop blinders and has a hard time seeing errors, and thats why I posted works in progress in the past. I saw something out of place, and im trying to help the artist, not hurt them.

Sadly we have gone down this road before, and I even made a very long post of critique, and the proper way of doing it. Complaining about something is not critique, its just complaining. To show the developer an example of what they felt is wrong, and offer helpful advice on how to fix it, thats constructive criticism. Though I must admit that I may have worded things poorly in some of my post's.

Rezabrya
March 15th, 2010, 18:48
Gibbage, it was not the complaint you made that is the problem, but the way you said it. The quote that TXNetCorp picked out makes it seem like you are far superior. You didn't post it well and I'm sure you didn't mean it to offend, but that's how it came out.

Now that this is done, please everyone get back on topic. This B-17 is what the thread is about.

Henry
March 15th, 2010, 19:08
jees guys!
i do not believe anyone here is trying to destroy anything
that said ya'll are, by misunderstanding
the typed word and getting your backs up
this is not a war zone
i do believe that everyone should sit back
and relax and have a few personal contacts with your ideas
or bitching
all we are achieving is negative and i really do not believe that is our intention
if you disagree let me know in private:salute:
H

Whitehawk
March 15th, 2010, 22:45
Oh I am SO buying this ASAP on release lol!

hey_moe
March 16th, 2010, 02:02
I'm glad this isn't about a Toyota, you guys would have murdered each other by now...lol. Please try and think about how the other member would feel before you post. You guys know the rules.

jankees
March 16th, 2010, 04:56
back to the subject at hand:

I would very much like a hint as to the time we still have to wait.....as I can't wait, really..
Lewis....? Scott.....?

boris4356
March 16th, 2010, 07:31
It would be cool if it got dirty if you didn't wash it. And bugs would collect on the windows!

That would be very cool! If I remember correctly, didn't the Dornier DO27 for FS9 have that feature where bugs and oil accumulated on the windscreen?

Bill

TeiscoDelRay
March 16th, 2010, 08:11
Lol,,,hope the brakes work.
I would love to have this but still using Fs9 for my flying. I do have FX and maybe a special install just for this. I really like the idea that the crew helps out, when flying complex airplanes (anything more than a cub is complex to me) I would love to have a co pilot do all the muffler belt adjusting and the sun dial watching.

I wonder if this plane is using stuff from their terminated B-17II project? In that game the crew was a big part of it.

dswo
March 16th, 2010, 08:12
That would be very cool! If I remember correctly, didn't the Dornier DO27 for FS9 have that feature where bugs and oil accumulated on the windscreen?

Yes!

ICDP
March 16th, 2010, 09:41
As the guy who did the textures for the upcoming Accusim B-17 I want to say that I was not in the least bit offended by what Gibbage said, or even how he said it. I can't speak for any of the other guys on the project but to me it was just constructive criticism that could have been put more diplomatically :)

Like anyone who has done texture work on any commercial product I have to accept that people will have plenty to say about my work. Heck there are plenty of times I would look at my own stuff and say "that sucks, I don't like it". Ironically when you work on the same aircraft for what seems like ages you tend to miss even the obvious flaws or mistakes. A fresh pair of eyes or perspective is helpful. I also believe that payware developers must have a thick skin when it comes to negative criticism of their work. You can't expect people to pay good money for a product expect them to give only good opinions. As long as the criticism is not an outright attack then I can handle it, and indeed welcome it.

Incidentally, the bump maps are 4096x4096 and the rest of the textures are 2048x2048. The PSD paintkit file is 2048x2048 and should work with Gimp. I can't give an release date, we all know how things can slip and dates come and go :)

txnetcop
March 16th, 2010, 11:10
As the guy who did the textures for the upcoming Accusim B-17 I want to say that I was not in the least bit offended by what Gibbage said, or even how he said it. I can't speak for any of the other guys on the project but to me it was just constructive criticism that could have been put more diplomatically :)

Like anyone who has done texture work on any commercial product I have to accept that people will have plenty to say about my work. Heck there are plenty of times I would look at my own stuff and say "that sucks, I don't like it". Ironically when you work on the same aircraft for what seems like ages you tend to miss even the obvious flaws or mistakes. A fresh pair of eyes or perspective is helpful. I also believe that payware developers must have a thick skin when it comes to negative criticism of their work. You can't expect people to pay good money for a product expect them to give only good opinions. As long as the criticism is not an outright attack then I can handle it, and indeed welcome it.

Incidentally, the bump maps are 4096x4096 and the rest of the textures are 2048x2048. The PSD paintkit file is 2048x2048 and should work with Gimp. I can't give an release date, we all know how things can slip and dates come and go :)

Speaking as the individual involved I really don't care how you feel about it. I am happy for you that you were not offended. Others were as well as some moderators and admins. So what you said here proved absolutely nothing and was pointless. If you wish to complain, please complain to an admin by private message. We have handled the situation and no other conversation about it is necessary! Stay on topic
Ted

Gibbage
March 16th, 2010, 11:45

Again, GREAT job on the texture! I myself try to stay out of photoshop as much as possible. I like your idea about doing the bump/normal in 4K and the defuse in 2K. The P-38 was all in 4K's and it dragged some systems down. People dont realize that its not just 1 texture, but 3! You got a defuse (the color), the bump, and the specular. Thats 3 maps per texture! Doing them all in 4K's look great, but eats up texture space FAST. Some people also lower the specular down a lot, but that tends to leave fuzzy edges.

I could pick your brain on texture maps for ever, but ill keep this on topic.

txnetcop
March 16th, 2010, 12:07
Kevin thank you for not ratcheting up the prior argument. I commend you for that. I also want to thank you for pointing out what you did about the props. As I said earlier you were correct...I won't go into any more detail. You are a very good artist and that much is clear! this is a very fine project that A2A has taken on. The video clearly demonstrates that.
Ted

huub vink
March 16th, 2010, 14:26
Great video, I too love the way the cowling shakes when the engine starts. Great work A2A, with every model you seem to "invent" something totally new!

Cheers,
Huub

Scratch
March 16th, 2010, 18:20
I'd love to have this panel. This guy does some awesome work!

http://b17panels.com/index.html

txnetcop
March 17th, 2010, 03:05
Hey Scratch that is an great site thanks for the H/U. That panel is fantastic.
Ted

MudMarine
March 17th, 2010, 06:18
Hmmm, can't get it to load?

Nevermind, I got it! I love the creativity of some peoples minds! They see it in their head then make it come to life; very cool!

Odie
March 17th, 2010, 10:22
Great stuff and hangar-worthy for sure !

Major_Spittle
March 17th, 2010, 10:41
Oh, I so hope they Accusim the plane being attacked and taking on damage. It would be fun to have to deal with various combat damage happening and trying to keep the bird in the air by transfering fuel, shutting down engines, destroyed gun turrets, damaged rudder.......

Take a flight over Germany and select the Accusim option for AA attack then try to get it back to England. That would be fun. :ernae:

MudMarine
March 17th, 2010, 10:51
Oh, I so hope they Accusim the plane being attacked and taking on damage. It would be fun to have to deal with various combat damage happening and trying to keep the bird in the air by transfering fuel, shutting down engines, destroyed gun turrets, damaged rudder.......

Take a flight over Germany and select the Accusim option for AA attack then try to get it back to England. That would be fun. :ernae:

That would be fun! I hope it would let me bail-out!!

EgoR64
March 17th, 2010, 16:03
Sold !! :salute:

Shylock
March 17th, 2010, 16:16
Wow I....I.... I cant say anything right now. This is amazing. Sold!!!!!!!! Cody great job on the video bud and your voice in your videos is becoming a Morgan Freeman type of narrative voice.

Doering
March 18th, 2010, 15:40
That is one awesome piece of work from every perspective!

Scratch
March 19th, 2010, 09:33

BUMP! I'm getting weak on this all beer liquid diet. How about cutting it loose, today is Friday!:ernae:

HercFan
March 19th, 2010, 10:09
BUMP! I'm getting weak on this all beer liquid diet. How about cutting it loose, today is Friday!:ernae:

The scary part is that I can know say the narrative of the movie word for word. No offense Cody, but I am tired of hearing you!!!

MudMarine
March 19th, 2010, 10:27
Everyone........RELEASE THE FORT, RELEASE THE FORT, RELEASE THE FORT!!!!:icon_lol:

I believe that's Scott narrating the video?

stiz
March 19th, 2010, 10:31
I believe that's Scott narrating the video?

nope thats cody :)

Roadburner440
March 19th, 2010, 10:53
Yeah it is Cody. Usually if Scott is narrating a video he starts off with himself at his desk talking about the aircraft development and such before showing the actual bird. I imagine sometime in the near future Scott will start making his famous how to fly the aircraft tutorials, and pushing it to the limit to break it for us in some demonstrations.

HercFan
March 19th, 2010, 11:07
If you listen to the great FSBreak interview with Scott and Cody, they talk about the decision to have Cody do the voice over for the Cub movie. I guess it was real received since he's back for an encore!!

Quicksand
March 19th, 2010, 11:14
The plastic is warmed up.... I'm sold on this one..... WOW!

Shylock
March 19th, 2010, 11:36
Cody "voice is a cross between Fergie and Jesus.....

-Step Brothers

Quicksand
March 19th, 2010, 12:27
Are the turrets animated on the already-released version, or is that part of Accusim?

txnetcop
March 19th, 2010, 12:30
Are the turrets animated on the already-released version, or is that part of Accusim?

Part of accusim

Quicksand
March 19th, 2010, 12:36
I think I'll wait (quite impatiently:jump:) for the bundle price then if it is offered...

Roadburner440
March 19th, 2010, 13:44
The Step Brothers reference is hilarious. I love that movie. Scott said over on the A2A forums that if there is to be a bundle deal offered it will be retroactive up to 30 days. As long as the price hovers between the usual $20-$30 I won't be to terribly worried. Of couse I think we all want a good deal (including myself). Much more than that though and the aircraft + accu-sim starts approaching the $70-$80 range together then I might have to put it off and save some before taking the plunge. Regardless it will be a must have. Just be a matter of how long it takes to get it. I know it will be worth the money since I own all their other Accu-sim products, and this one just from the video preview looks to knock them all out of the park.

MudMarine
March 19th, 2010, 14:59
nope thats cody :)

I stand corrected and I'm wrong as usual!:salute:

TeiscoDelRay
March 19th, 2010, 16:45
Yes if the price is anything over 40 I am not interested. I cannot see paying as much for one plane as the entire sim cost originally.

Javis
March 19th, 2010, 17:12
That would be fun! I hope it would let me bail-out!!

Nope, gotta stay at the controls right up and into the White Cliffs of Dover ( i bet you've seen Steve Mcqueen as 'The Warlover'... ? )

ARE WE THERE YET !???

crashaz
March 19th, 2010, 17:40
Nope, gotta stay at the controls right up and into the White Cliffs of Dover ( i bet you've seen Steve Mcqueen as 'The Warlover'... ? )

ARE WE THERE YET !???

Yep and having Robert Wagner looking on from his parachute. :wavey:

MudMarine
March 20th, 2010, 07:01
Hope is fading.......must have accu-sim B-17.......fading fast!!:icon_lol:

txnetcop
March 20th, 2010, 07:10
Still in Beta Mud, patience Grasshoppa' LOL That is better than the other word, ya know-S**N
Ted

MudMarine
March 20th, 2010, 09:06
BETA!! That makes it about six months away!! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!!:icon_lol: I

txnetcop
March 20th, 2010, 09:09
I will let the A2A Team leaders give you whatever they decide for information, but it ain't that far away away Amgio LOL
ted

In fact very SOON....there I said it!

Roadburner440
March 20th, 2010, 09:18
Can always practice flight procedures and such to pass the time. Is why I spent all last week flying the 377 (put near 50 hours on it) in an effort to re-familiarize with the old large radial pistons. Good things come to those who wait. Considering their releases are bug-free for the most part makes the wait easier for me. I see Texnetcop must be an insider, lol. At least that is a little crumb of hope.

MudMarine
March 20th, 2010, 09:32
I have my B-17 pilots manual memorized! The "S" word means today to me. Anything else is the distant future. Soon....I could be dead by then!!:icon_lol: Please, this is all my attempt at humor and I know it's bad, oh well.:173go1::d

Scratch
March 20th, 2010, 11:00
I guess I'm off my hunger strike now dang it. Soon means not this weekend I reckon.:sleep:

Wittpilot
March 20th, 2010, 13:14
I could totally beta test the radio room... or the nose... I have spent a lot time in those two places!:wiggle:

Scratch
March 22nd, 2010, 13:11
Bump, dang it...........:wavey:

MudMarine
March 22nd, 2010, 18:02
Anyday now A2A, we're getting old!!

stiz
March 22nd, 2010, 18:28
getting old?? you allready are old! I could be twice my age and still be younger than you! :icon_lol:

Snuffy
March 22nd, 2010, 18:43
HEY! Now wait just a minute you young whipper snapper ... LOL! Both of you.

MudMarine
March 22nd, 2010, 19:10
getting old?? you allready are old! I could be twice my age and still be younger than you! :icon_lol:

That's ok because I'd never want to be a clueless 20yr old again!:icon_lol:

Roadburner440
March 22nd, 2010, 20:23
Hurling age insults isn't very nice. At some point all of us will be there as well. :kilroy: Can't believe I'm fast approaching 30. When I was a kid it seemed like time took forever to pass. Now the years just click on by.

MudMarine
March 23rd, 2010, 02:52
Nice? Since when are jokes "nice"? Usually someone gets picked on and we all laugh but I guess it's not PC to admit? I guess I don't have any feelings to get hurt, life has taken those away!:icon_lol:

Snuffy
March 23rd, 2010, 03:10
That must be one hell of a long approach leg! LOL!

Roadburner440
March 23rd, 2010, 04:04
LOL Maybe I am just getting sensitive because I am getting old myself. :icon_lol:

MudMarine
March 23rd, 2010, 05:13
Don't worry, a few more years will take away those pesky feeling things!!:salute::icon_lol:

crashaz
March 23rd, 2010, 09:27

Buddy we have seen you already almost double your age here at the Outhouse. You and RidgeRunner are my reminders here. :icon_lol:

MudMarine
March 23rd, 2010, 11:29
Wow! That is true! Stiz has been around for awhile, we've watched him grow from a teenager to a youngman. It's good to have "family" like him here at SOH. People like him are the reason I/we all keep coming back to our little home away from home!