PDA

View Full Version : F-100 Queries

falcon409
March 10th, 2010, 18:41
With the little noticed revival of the Donationware F-100, I've been tweaking many of the areas of the original aircraft that I had already done a long time ago, but lost. Several areas have eluded me completely since I have no working knowledge of them. One is the Drag Chute. . .I don't remember if the original release had one, but since the F-100 required a drag chute, I'm assuming it probably did. . .I just don't see where it was ever modeled. . .anyone know for sure?

The other area is the afterburner effects. The cfg file shows it in the [lights] section, but I don't see any effect in the sim. . .anyone know how to correct that?

Also, I'll ask in this thread as well (I already have a thread on this but no answer). . .is there a paint kit for it????????

hschuit
March 11th, 2010, 01:50
Falcon409, I discovered the dragchute is build in de MDL file but the texture bitmap was missing. I have made one myself: chute.dds (I added it in the atttached ZIP)

cheers, Henk.

falcon409
March 11th, 2010, 02:16
Thanks very much. Will that need to be converted to a 32bit bmp though since this is really an FS9 model?

falcon409
March 11th, 2010, 04:25
Ok, after using the dds file, then converting to 32 bit and trying that and then converting to DXT3 and trying that I still have no Chute. I have it set to the tail hook animation as noted in the readme, but no chute and actually no response on deceleration as it should when deployed.

hschuit
March 11th, 2010, 04:25
Thanks very much. Will that need to be converted to a 32bit bmp though since this is really an FS9 model?

I don't think so, the 16bit DDS works fine in FSX/A.

cheers, Henk

falcon409
March 11th, 2010, 06:43
I don't think so, the 16bit DDS works fine in FSX/A.
cheers, Henk
Hmmmm, ok. . .I've used it in three different conversions. . .dds, 32bit and DXT3 and it simply doesn't show up. I must be doing something wrong then.

Just a note, I'm building a paint kit for the Super Saber since there doesn't appear to be one anywhere. I spoke with Jason from UKMIL and he said he made his own for the one livery he produced but has since lost his PK too, lol. So I'll get this one done, send a copy to Jason (he wants to do some more liveries) and anyone else who wants to try their hand at some repaints. This could be the only Super Saber for quite some time to come.:salute: