PDA

View Full Version : Bill's ~KODIAK~ - any custom sounds available...?

Sky~6
March 10th, 2010, 10:43
I am truly Loving Bill's KODIAK...its a money maker in FS Economy..

Has anyone found some great aftermarket sound for it- free or payware..?

Thankyou,
Sky

lawdawg
March 10th, 2010, 12:20
Not a sound set...on my end.
However I used (cause I ain't flying turboprops just now...hence the post tense) the sound from
Alphasim's T34C, which was done by TSS (Turbine Sound Studios).
IMO the sounds are excellent and work well for the Kodiak.
My 2 cents for ya.

vora
March 10th, 2010, 23:45
Thanx for the tip. Works great.

lawdawg
March 11th, 2010, 05:48
No sweat bub.
Glad to help.

Lionheart
March 11th, 2010, 07:15
Thanks from me also. I'll have to look into that.

Turboprops are such a difficult soundpack to model. The airframe will judge what the interior sounds will be like, how loud, prop pitch amounts, if you can hear the whine of the turbine. A cabin that is pressurized will usually be more quiet in the interior while an unpressurized airframe will let in alot of the sounds outside (like the prop biting the air, which is a big sound with TP's).

With the Epic LT, I made it quiet inside, where you could hear the jet whine instead of the prop foremost, as is told by pilots of the plane. With the Kodiak, it was my thoughts you would hear most everything going on. Its a 'go anywhere, do anything' ship. I liked the stock Caravan soundpack and figured I couldnt do better then that. I could have used the Epic's, but that interior just wouldnt be right without the sound elements it would have...

Bill

lawdawg
March 11th, 2010, 12:07
Hey Bill :)
I agree with what you are addressing sound wise & the differences.
The set I talked about are the good stuff. Yes, check it out. I am positive you'll agree.
Take care.