PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me you all know more than this guy...

Wittpilot
March 9th, 2010, 13:59
Okay... I'm not really making fun... but if you are going to do a production about flying in a B-17, it pays to do a little homework.... This guy only read half the book I think. Nice that it was done and steered folks towards supporting these bombers.

BUT, see if you can count how many oddities you hear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EfXCj7rD48</EMBED>

Gdavis101
March 9th, 2010, 14:13
That's funny! You would think he would have at least watched the Mephis Belle before doing that story..

PRB
March 9th, 2010, 14:23
They stored spare bombs in the tail? LOLOL. Ok, he's a news reporter. Since when have they done thier "homework" before doing a news story?

GT182
March 9th, 2010, 14:51
What a DORK! Bombs stored in the tail...... :bump: Proof you can't fix Stupid, and that he is. How about a lefthanded salute for this bozo? Coming up..... :salute:
My advice for him..... read a book on B-17s first.

Witt, besides all that he knew nuthing about...... "flaps they opened up to drop the bombs" and the part about the tailgunner "climbing over all that stuff" took the cake.

Wittpilot
March 9th, 2010, 15:14
Okay, My favorite is when he talks about going to see where the "gunners and the BOMBBAY GUYS" were....

I shouldn't be so harsh. At least he partaked. He didn't even go in the nose though.... and that's the best part!

GT182
March 9th, 2010, 15:50
I shouldn't be so harsh. At least he partaked. He didn't even go in the nose though.... and that's the best part!

You know why he didn't go in the nose Witt? He was scared. It's "all glass" just like the ball turret. :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
March 9th, 2010, 22:25
I just shut it off. I couldn't watch anymore.
I was also afraid the large amount of eye-rolling I was doing, would make everyone think I had become demonically possessed... :rolleyes:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hals und Bein Bruch
March 9th, 2010, 22:53
liokethose folkz would'nta know'n Schweinfurt from anywhere...
ar

Terry
March 10th, 2010, 02:56
Hey gents, take a look at todays Planeaday.com photo it will cheer you up.

Snuffy
March 10th, 2010, 03:17
Pathetic ... typical media type though ... always assumes the public knows less than they do.

aeromed202
March 10th, 2010, 03:24
Bombs in the tail huh? I read a story about a B-26 tail gunner that wanted some extra protection. He lined his cocoon with bricks. When they rolled for take off the plane pointed toward the moon and the pilot must have darn near broke the yolk to bring the plane back down in one piece.

TomSteber
March 10th, 2010, 03:50
I'm not allowing myself to view this. I respect my health too much. I'm already on high blood pressure meds. When I watch something like that it just makes me want to go out on damage control. And I just don't have the time lately.
I entrust this mission to those that have already viewed.

GT182
March 10th, 2010, 04:25
The only way for damage control Tom would be to kick his stupid a$$. That's the shortest route to his pea-brain to get the point across.

TARPSBird
March 10th, 2010, 07:39
The reporter definitely should have done more homework on the B-17, but I'll give him good grades for an enthusiastic presentation and if it got more folks to attend the air show it's all good. I see he scored a VF-143 "Pukin' Dogs" ballcap from the F-14 static display. :)

GT182
March 10th, 2010, 09:56
I see he scored a VF-143 "Pukin' Dogs" ballcap from the F-14 static display. :)

More than likely he swiped it, figuring it was a part of his "free ride".