PDA

View Full Version : what is the current status of CFS on winxp SP3 or even win 7?

Squirrel
March 9th, 2010, 08:56
I know I should just try to install the games and see if it works now, but I was wondering what you guys have encountered.

Last time I tried to do it, CFS1 and CFS3 both would crash pretty quickly when I started playing them. They were also jerky before the crash.

I found this forum and the answer at that time was, that sp3 was inconpatible with the CFS 1 and 3 and the recommendation was to revert back to sp2. To be honest I just did not install the simulators into my home computers after that.

I still have the CFS disks and now have a combination of win 7 64bit machines with xp SP3 machines. should I be putting the effort into trying to get LAN games with CFS1 or CFS3 with mine and my kids' computers? or are there still OS and CFS conflicts

-CHATTER

safn1949
March 16th, 2010, 11:40
CFS will work on Windows 7 but you have to read the post about joysticks,they don't work until you follow the tweaks posted.It's not hard and you will be up and running in no time.:d