http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adastra-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/adastra-2.jpg

icarus
November 7th, 2008, 03:32
:applause::applause:

srgalahad
November 7th, 2008, 08:09
Whoa!!!!..
I thought (and remember being told) that there was no turret-less version of the L-14/Hudson and there's no mention of it on the AlphaSim blurb.

Wuz I mislead or did you find a way to do it? This would get my credit card out of cold storage....

Rob

Roger
November 7th, 2008, 08:18
Whoa!!!!..
I thought (and remember being told) that there was no turret-less version of the L-14/Hudson and there's no mention of it on the AlphaSim blurb.

Wuz I mislead or did you find a way to do it? This would get my credit card out of cold storage....

Rob
The Mk V without turret is in the pack.

jankees
November 7th, 2008, 09:03
The Mk V without turret is in the pack.

It's actually the Mk VI model that has no turret.

Nice pics! Also, I'm always glad to see my paints being used

Roger
November 7th, 2008, 09:15
It's actually the Mk VI model that has no turret.

Nice pics! Also, I'm always glad to see my paints being used

You're right Jan,
It's an age thing:isadizzy::costumes:

srgalahad
November 7th, 2008, 12:02
dang.. now I have to find a story to tell the OMB... hmmm... I know... it's coming up on Nov 11th and I need to remember...

Thanks guys for sharing a well-kept secret (and making me dig out the Kenting Aero Surveys photos, and the old TCA pics.) :icon_lol:

Rob

BTW, this was in today's paper:

New book tells of Calgary oilman’s
heroics during Second World War

He flew an extremely rare total of 82 sorties, once limping back to base with a dead radioman behind him, his own shattered leg tied to the rudder pedal, his crew’s lives riding on the uncertain ability to stay conscious.

Doc’s logbook entry for March 29, 1943, records six hours and 40 minutes of flying time on an op summarized as: “U-boat strike. Att. Ju 88.” That was terse shorthand indeed for a mission at once tragic and heroic— the toughest day of Doc Seaman’s war.

“Tom McGlade, Will Fletcher, Eddie Thorpe, and I were sent to finish off a damaged U-boat said to be somewhere between the Balearic Islands and Corsica,” he says.“We went up in Hudson FK 440, loaded for action to finish off the submarine. We took off from Tafaroui in rotten weather at about 4 a.m. so we would reach our target area at first light.”

Suddenly, a German cannon shell blasted right through the front end of my plane on the right hand side. It was followed quickly by a burst of machine-gun fire, and I felt a bullet slam against my right thigh.
“McGlade’s voice reverberated in my headset: ‘Fletcher’s been hit, dammit.’ Tom scrambled back to try to help, but the cannon shell had gone right through Will Fletcher’s heart, killing him instantly. Will, operating the radio, had been sitting right behind me. The difference between Will and me getting killed was milliseconds."

Excerpted from the new biography, Staying in the Game: The Remarkable Story of Doc Seaman, by Sydney Sharpe, this tale serves as a Remembrance Day tribute to the courage of all the men and women who fight to preserve freedom in our land.

Moses03
November 7th, 2008, 12:44
Nice sceenies & paint. :applause:

Moses