PDA

View Full Version : More CVE updates

mfitch
March 7th, 2010, 22:22
Motivated by various other releases, and the pursuit of learning, I am close to releasing the next version of my Casablanca class carrier package (CVE-73 and CVE-100). This is not to be confused with Phil Crowther's FM2 + CVE-78 package (a great package for WWII enthusiasts).

Two photos (one day one night) are included below. The two major changes are the addition of static planes (responding to a previous request), and updated crew (officer and enlisted uniforms + more positions). Before releasing I would like to know the following.

What model versions would you like? My current plan is one with a clear deck for landing and take off practice and one with planes parked on the fore deck and landing still possible (see photo). Others are possible.
Where would you like to see the crew? Most of the crew are currently on the tower.
If you use a previous version, does it run well? My system is moderately fast, and I have no trouble with the increased polygon count of the added planes and crew, but this might be an issue for other systems.
Where do you prefer I post this? I will post it here if I can. flightsim.com seems to be mentioned a lot as well.

Finally here are two photos of the current update. Note the nice FM2 Wildcat is Phil Crowther's recently released free model (I am so happy to have this for the CVE's). The light effects are Shockwave lights.

dswo
March 8th, 2010, 17:52
Mark, I've been flying on and off your Casablancas for several months with no performance issues (Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4 gb RAM, Nvidia 8800GT w/ 512 mb). One thing I like about version 3 is how sharp the deck textures are. I also like the steam effects on the sides.

Additional items on deck would be welcome; I esp. like the planes on deck in your first screenshot.