PDA

View Full Version : ETO_It_P-39F A/C

gosd
March 7th, 2010, 20:45
When I try flying the ETO_It_P-39F A/C in ETO 1.3 , I cannot give or receive any verbal order from the pilot or the wingmen.
How do I correct this issue ?
Thanks.

tenspeed
March 8th, 2010, 10:10
The commands do work it's just that the sound and text aren't working. If you change the country to "usa" it works. But then the plane shows up under the USA country. I guess Italy isn't mapped to any voice pack. This is an issue that someone more familiar with the planes and countries.

ndicki
March 8th, 2010, 11:01
There is an Italian voice pack in MAW - so if you have it, you can transfer it over.

gosd
March 8th, 2010, 18:51
I think I got it fixed : in the sounds folder change the "ground_itb.gpv"to "ground_icb.gpv" do the same for the pilot and wingman gpvs. Thanks for the imput !
I have changed the i gpv using the ones from MAW ,it works great.
Are there any other gpvs (ie canadian,french,etc...?

Emile
March 8th, 2010, 23:34
There is an Italian voice pack in MAW - so if you have it, you can transfer it over.

Hello,
What's the name of this Italian voice pack and where can I find it in MAW?
Thanks in advance

wsmwsm
March 9th, 2010, 04:00
There is no MAW voice pack, per se. You need to physically extract individual files from the MAW Sounds folder and transfer them to ETO. If you look in the MAW sounds file you will see files with extensions for Italian voice commands which, I believe, are "ita", "its" and "ity". For example "wingman_ita.gvp".

At least that's what I did. I learned this after encountering the same issue with the P-39 noted above. There should be another thread here on that topic as well which may provide additional information.

ADDENDUM: The post where I received this information (and which is clearer as to what to do) is entitled "No pilots voices with ICB in ETO". Read that one for more info.

ndicki
March 9th, 2010, 08:37
Please don't mention French voice packs... We ran out of beer too early in the evening...

If any of the Paris area Francophones want to join in a beer-swilling, voice recording evening one day, let me know, though. I can't do the talking because of my English accent, but I can drink beer...