PDA

View Full Version : FSX Sea Fury Out

Old Crow
March 7th, 2010, 16:50
At SimMarket: http://secure.simmarket.com/simflight3d-spirit-of-texas-sea-fury.phtml

SIMFLIGHT3D - SPIRIT OF TEXAS - SEA FURY
The Spirit of Texas, Sea Fury (NX24SF) was built for racing by Ezell Aviation, but owned and flown by Stewart Dawson who performs aerobatics routines and races at the Reno National Championship Air Races.
It has a Wright 3350-26WD 18-cylinder radial engine (replacing the Bristol Centarus 2,500 hp and five-blade propeller) with 3,100 hp and four-blade propeller at maximum speeds of 450 KTS. Modifications include a larger spinner, induction scoop and extended rudder.

Features;

True FSX aircraft
Working, highly detailed virtual cockpit, GPS and localizer with glideslope
Full 3D panel—IFR ready (day and night)
Canopy crank works in virtual cockpit.
High resolution, photo-realistic textures (interior/exterior)
Optimized for smooth frame rate
Realistic shadows and lighting, reflection mapping Includes checklist and performance information
Available in 2 paint schemes (racing and military)
Click chart for map screen/mike button for ATC window
Working tail wheel lock
Fully operational rudder and elevator trim wheels

falcon409
March 7th, 2010, 18:57
Beautiful airplane. Hangared at North Texas Regional (Grayson County_KGYI) about 10 minutes from my apartment. Might just have to save my pennies to get this one.

ryanbatc
March 7th, 2010, 21:55
Awesome default gauges :sleep:

Roger
March 7th, 2010, 22:53
If you've bought either of their Cessnas you'll know that default gauges are what you get. However until there's another Sea Fury for FsX this looks like a pretty good model. Thanks for the hu Old Crow:ernae:

Naki
March 7th, 2010, 23:35
Still waiting for an original Centaurus powered Sea Fury...............

Quixoticish
March 8th, 2010, 00:19
I absolutely adore the Sea Fury and I've been waiting for an FSX one for ages, but I'm afraid I won't be purchasing this one. Default gauges is one thing but the fact that it's only available as a racing model with the Wright engine means it doesn't look like any Sea Fury I recognise. If they alter the shape of the nose to make it representative of a Bristol powered version and remove the racing bling then I'll be spending my hard earned pennies, but at the moment there just isn't anything here worth purchasing for me.

jonraptor
March 8th, 2010, 02:27
I absolutely adore the Sea Fury and I've been waiting for an FSX one for ages, but I'm afraid I won't be purchasing this one. Default gauges is one thing but the fact that it's only available as a racing model with the Wright engine means it doesn't look like any Sea Fury I recognise. If they alter the shape of the nose to make it representative of a Bristol powered version and remove the racing bling then I'll be spending my hard earned pennies, but at the moment there just isn't anything here worth purchasing for me.

I agree, if this was the one that Deano was referring to, I think VS should put a Centaurus powered Sea Fury back on there list of models to make ;)

doublecool
March 8th, 2010, 02:58
Based on screen shots alone Model and VC are getting alot better with each aircraft :applause: he produces...

peter12213
March 8th, 2010, 03:27
As a Brit I would also like the original Centaurus powered version but until one appears this is a must have for me!
I like that VC too! Thanks for the HU!:salute:

noddy
March 8th, 2010, 04:17
Nice, but agree with ChrisH comments.

oakfloor
March 8th, 2010, 06:40
Average, this would be a winner five years ago, the lines look blurry and cheap to me. I will wait until A2A or Realair come out with something worth the money.

arrowmaker
March 8th, 2010, 08:52
I actually have the '47 C140 from the same developer. I bought it because I thought the exterior looked stunning. I still do. However considering the asking price I have to admit the VC was certainly a bit of a letdown. It would have been ok as freeware, or cheap payware (say less than 10 Euro). However considering that it, and this new Sea Fury, uses default gauges the price being asked is certainly high.

A quick scan of other products being sold on simMarket, shows that this Sea Fury, which from the promo shots, looks like good freeware quality, actually costs more than the A2A Piper Cub or the FSAddon Super Cub X Collection. Ok it might suit those who REALLY want a Sea Fury, but I just can't see it attacting many casual buyers.

The one thing I will say in it's favour is that it probably, if the C140 I own is anything to go by, will be very frame rate friendly.

X_eidos2
March 8th, 2010, 14:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA26IrUjw0

Wombat_VC
March 8th, 2010, 23:48
I want a 5-bladed Sea Fury!

Roger
March 9th, 2010, 04:04
I want a 5-bladed Sea Fury!

Says in the description it's got 5!

X_eidos2
March 9th, 2010, 12:41
The two models in the package both have 4-blade props.

After the success of the video for the Texan Flight Experience vol2, Jesse felt that having a video made for the new releases coming from SkyUnlimited would be better than posting a bunch of screenshots. So Jesse asked me to make the video for the "Spirit of Texas" that you see posted here. I've only flown the Sea Furies long enough to make the video, but I will have to say that the bullet points you see listed by the different venders when they describe the package - they are accurate and not a bunch of hype coming from a marketing department.

Wombat_VC
March 9th, 2010, 19:51
The pics at SimMarket show only 4-bladed props, and X_eidos2 said "the two models in the package both have 4-blade props". So, is there one model with 5?

peter12213
March 9th, 2010, 20:02
I'm going to buy it, at the end of the day its a sea fury, if no one likes it then tough! Its all we've got at the moment!

P-12C
March 10th, 2010, 08:59
I'm a Sea Fury fan, both the original aircraft as well as the modified aircraft most commonly used today. The aircraft modified to use 3350's have better performance and reliability compared to the originals, and the owners can still find parts to keep them flying.

Anyone that has seen a Sea Fury flying at the Reno Air Races, or at an airshow would be a fan of the aircraft regardless of the engine configuration. Based on the first hand reports from pilots I've talked to, it's a sweet flying airplane too.

I'm not specifically endorsing this model, but I am endorsing the actual airplane!

Roger
March 10th, 2010, 09:57
:mixedsmi: Vc's not the best but I'm enjoying the aircraft...and the sound!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/seaf-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/seaf-2.jpg

oakfloor
March 10th, 2010, 12:37
The pics at SimMarket show only 4-bladed props, and X_eidos2 said "the two models in the package both have 4-blade props". So, is there one model with 5?
Most seafurys that are flying today have been equipped with the wright R-3350 engine. Because the original Bristol centarus engine is like impossible to find parts for, and the wright engine only had four paddle props, and were produced in the tens of thousands, and this racer edition has the wright engine.

noddy
March 11th, 2010, 02:25
Lovely shots Roger, is it worth the money then?

Roger
March 11th, 2010, 04:09
Lovely shots Roger, is it worth the money then?

If you want a Sea Fury in a modern state it's worth it. Unfortunately in the vc of the uppermost 4 gauges only one (compass) is functional. The other 3 appear to be static and low res. If I can find a way to fix it I will.

Wombat_VC
March 14th, 2010, 21:16
:mixedsmi: Vc's not the best but I'm enjoying the aircraft...and the sound!

Seems like it comes with a dedicated sound set instead of some alias. Is it FSX standard (sound cones)? If the sound set is good, I can at least use it on Piglet's A-1 even if all else on the FB11 fails. :iidea:

tigisfat
March 14th, 2010, 22:25
guys, there are a few really good freeware sea furys out there.

Quixoticish
March 15th, 2010, 00:14
guys, there are a few really good freeware sea furys out there.

FSX native?

peter12213
March 19th, 2010, 20:28
I wish this was free, I'm totally gutted! This is B*ll"cks!. Don't waste you hard earned cash!

VC= SH*t*
External= good if you like racing!
Out of 10 rating honest ... 3, sound is Ok though I will use it else where(Personal use of course)!

(I'm not even posting shots, I'm embarrased its that bad!)

Sea fury more like SEA FURIOUS, you should be ashamed of this mate who ever you are lol, I mean I know it isn't easy being a Dev but you charged me enough for the privalage of trying it out of nowhere, and the FDE is crap!!!

Roger mate were fools!, but I so wanted this to be good!

Pete, OVER and OUT!!

Z-DarthVader
March 20th, 2010, 07:47
Wouldn't it be possible to swap the vc for say, that of the FCS Tiffie?

kvrijt
March 22nd, 2010, 18:22
Hi,

For what it's worth, I happen to know there are some guys working on an FS9/FSX package.
At the moment it contains some sixty variations, including all prototypes and a fair amount of racers. Liveries of all countries that flew the plane are included as well. No 2D cockpit though. Only a fully operational VC with gyroscopic gunsight and all :-)
Rockets, RATO, guns, bombs and droptanks are also working, as are folding wings, lockable tail wheel, spring tabs, arrestor hook and the lot.
Some FS9 Screenshots

heywooood
March 22nd, 2010, 18:24
well now....:salute:

Naki
March 22nd, 2010, 18:40
hmmmmm ...looks pretty good so far :jump:

Z-DarthVader
March 23rd, 2010, 00:39
Hi,

For what it's worth, I happen to know there are some guys working on an FS9/FSX package.
At the moment it contains some sixty variations, including all prototypes and a fair amount of racers. Liveries of all countries that flew the plane are included as well. No 2D cockpit though. Only a fully operational VC with gyroscopic gunsight and all :-)
Rockets, RATO, guns, bombs and droptanks are also working, as are folding wings, lockable tail wheel, spring tabs, arrestor hook and the lot.
Some FS9 Screenshots

Now that is just plain lovely!!!

peter12213
March 23rd, 2010, 01:03
Now thats what I'm talking about, any release date for this one?

noddy
March 23rd, 2010, 02:10
Looks good, any FSX shots available?

jetstreamsky
March 23rd, 2010, 13:24
Wow, now that's looking good. :wiggle:

kvrijt
March 23rd, 2010, 15:06
Looks good, any FSX shots available?

Sorry, the only screen shots I have are FS9. The release doesn't seem to be due very soon also.
Something to do with busy lives and perfectionism I suppose.

GBrutus
March 23rd, 2010, 17:55
Crikey, that looks awesome indeed.:salute:

peter12213
March 24th, 2010, 07:02
Where are you getting the shots from is there a site?

letsgetrowdy
March 28th, 2010, 02:18
Droooolll.....
Will their be a two-seat trainer version two?

delta_lima
October 4th, 2010, 16:56
Sorry, the only screen shots I have are FS9. The release doesn't seem to be due very soon also.
Something to do with busy lives and perfectionism I suppose.

How's this lovely missy coming? I had heard it was dead ... hope not! Screens look fantastic!

dl

Naki
October 4th, 2010, 17:26
You must be a mind reader ..I was thinking how this was coming along just this afternoon.

tommieboy
October 4th, 2010, 18:22
That looks awesome.......

I hope it gets released for FSX someday.

Tommy