PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Juan Pablo...

EasyEd
March 7th, 2010, 15:38
Hey All,

...Gas is on the right brake on the left - the concept is to step on the gas not the brake on a restart (Kahne had to push him down the track!) so you can try to win the race... open wheelers :isadizzy:

Juan it might also help to watch Driving Force to learn the concept of drag racing (what Kurt Busch is doing this coming week) but Juan don't expect to beat any of John Force's daughters any time soon.

Jeez what was up with Juan's restart?

Switching gears

What the He!! is up with Carl? Could you be any more blatant than turning right wearing white gloves and flipping a car upside down at 190 mph. I hope he gets a real penalty! - and I basically like Carl! Brad K did nothing wrong at Talledega last year and nothing wrong today except race hard. Does Carl really expect any driver even a rookie to lift for him?

Really glad to see Kurt Busch win! Not that many years ago he was an absolute punk but he has turned into a good man and a heck of a driver.

-Ed-

stansdds
March 7th, 2010, 15:52
Gotta agree on Edwards, that stunt could have gotten someone killed. I'm glad that NASCAR black flagged him and would not allow him to complete the race. I expect there will be a substantial long term penalty for his dangerous behavior.

I'll also be glad to see those damned wings disappear from the trunk lids of the cars. That thing has been more trouble than it's worth.

Panther_99FS
March 7th, 2010, 16:55
EasyEd,
What's your memo to Jamie McMurray who ruined a few driver's race today :ques:

Considering the last few race results, Juan was definitely happy :mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
March 7th, 2010, 16:58
Gotta agree on Edwards,

I thought what the commentators said about Edwards was interesting....

Cazzie
March 8th, 2010, 02:09
Keselowski has raised a few sabers among NASCAR, there are a string of drivers out to get him. But Atlanta and no speedway with 190 mph speeds is the place to teach him about his raisins'. Hamlin did it right at Homestead, Carl should have waited until Bristol. Keselowski is fast, but is aggressive in his pursuit and he has intentionally or unintentionally taken Carl Edwards. Jr. Earnhardt, both Kurt and Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, and other out of races, both Nationwide and Cup. So the boy's got some come-uppings to pay.

But as much as I like Cousin Carl, he needs at least a three-race suspecnsion and a fine for taking someone out where a life is endangered. Keselowski is lucky he'll race again, that was a terrible crash and I thought it took his head. Carl should have waited, he tainted his reputation among a lot of his fans yesterday. To everything there is a season Carl, the season should have been Bristol!

At least the 48 car did not win, though none of my favorite drivers were anywhere near the top 10.

Caz

wombat666
March 8th, 2010, 03:02
Keselowski has raised a few sabers among NASCAR, there are a string of drivers out to get him. But Atlanta and no speedway with 190 mph speeds is the place to teach him about his raisins'. Hamlin did it right at Homestead, Carl should have waited until Bristol. Keselowski is fast, but is aggressive in his pursuit and he has intentionally or unintentionally taken Carl Edwards. Jr. Earnhardt, both Kurt and Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, and other out of races, both Nationwide and Cup. So the boy's got some come-uppings to pay.

But as much as I like Cousin Carl, he needs at least a three-race suspecnsion and a fine for taking someone out where a life is endangered. Keselowski is lucky he'll race again, that was a terrible crash and I thought it took his head. Carl should have waited, he tainted his reputation among a lot of his fans yesterday. To everything there is a season Carl, the season should have been Bristol!
Caz

Oh come on Caz, I thought this was all part of Easy Ed's 'NASCAR is Squeaky Clean' philosophy being played out as usual!
:monkies:
Seriously, I recall a recent interview with Keselowski and my immediate reaction was how obnoxious he came across, followed by an urge to give him a good smacking!!
I've given up trying to understand NASCAR, despite the direct coverage we get (almost) every bloody weekend in Australia.

redriver6
March 8th, 2010, 06:58
I've given up trying to understand NASCAR

you and me both...and once again it was proved that if you put a 'downforce' wing on the back of a car going 190mph and turn it around backwards it immediately becomes an airplane:isadizzy:

now nascar is going to take the wing off and put a spoiler on the cars.....wasn't the CoT kinda designed around the wing???

Terry
March 8th, 2010, 08:46
The problem is that NASCAR should have never gotten into the car design business in the first place. They should have stuck to the safety aspects of the interior and let the manufacturers design the body. That is the way it used to be and it worked just fine! If one brand/body style is slicker than another then so be it, the owner can select what he wants. This is what creates competition between manufacturers to build a better body style.

EasyEd
March 8th, 2010, 17:59
Hey All,

Hardly know where to start so jus dive right in...

1) Juan Pablo's restart at the end of that race was an absolute abomination - he knows it - where was his head? He had a shot at a win - his first on a non-road course - sure Kurt's car was better on the short go than his but still to be so far "out of it" that Kasey Kahne had to push him down the track!!!!

2) I didn't see what happened with McMurray perhaps you could elaborate

3) Keselowski - I don't know him and I know very little about him as a person - I know he is 26 and has been racing for awhile - trucks and Nationwide. I know his style is take no prisoners at any time and race to win. I can respect that whether I agree with it or not. I've not seen any "dirty" driving from Keselowski yet but I have seen no give and take driving from him. Maybe the other drivers need to figure out that Keselowski isn't going to back off or back down for anybody and stop thinking that he'll respect his elders and let them in or let them win. Right now I think Keselowski is good for the sport as he isn't afraid to wear the "black hat" and he is not afraid to let any other driver on the track know what his style is. If he sticks to it - in the end - he'll have respect - otherwise he's just a loose canon - we'll see. I have to reserve judgement about him as a person because I know nothing about him - he may be a total jerk he may not - I don't know.

4) Caz is right about Carl - what he did is just wrong - and he needs that reinforced.

5) I never said NASCAR is "squeaky clean" - for example what Martin apparently did. Smokey Yunick is a legend. But I will say I do not and have not seen drivers pull over to the side of the road so other drivers win - I have not seen deliberate crashes like as recent as last year in F1.

6) I will be glad to see that wing gone as well. I never liked it from the start.

7) NASCAR of the 60s, 70s and 80s is DEAD - never to be revived. It was a time when cars were evolving - speeds were increasing - manufacturers were willing to work to win races - if they lost they tried harder despite the France family and NASCAR (look at the history of MOPAR in NASCAR). Today we have insurance dictating track speeds and the try harder attitude from manufacturers is DEAD probably forever because it is all about return on investment and NASCAR is all about advertising, promotion and entertainment to support return on investment and enhance their own returns. The COT is probably a dream come true to manufacturers as they get their name out in front of the public and have deniability as they can say it isn't really their car getting beat out there. Nobody stands behind anything any more when money is concerned - this is a choice we as a society have made because we make nobody accountable. In my opinion NASCAR has done the best it can to evolve with the degradation of the values we held true in the 60s till the 90s. However the reality is we can still enjoy good racing and appreciate excellence despite this. As an example - in my opinion - the 48 team represents a standard of excellence never before seen in NASCAR and we get to see it.

All opinions expressed are purely my own.

-Ed-

PS I have to do an edit - Big Congrats to Richard Petty Motorsports with 3 (of 4) drivers in the top 6. I love it when the good guys do well especially after so many years of struggling. I only dislike the fact that they were in Fords not Dodges.

stansdds
March 9th, 2010, 15:28
NASCAR has spoken, it's a three race probation. No suspension, no points deducted, he just has to smile and be nice to people for the next three weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4979018

EasyEd
March 9th, 2010, 16:50
Hey All,

Open Season! Utterly Totally and Completely BOGUS! I'm with Happy Harvick who is thinking about asking for a refund for all his penalties.

Just to show how stoopid this is... A potential life and death situation compared to a mechanical infraction. From Nascar.com

There are those who might say Carl is fortunate to have the last name "Edwards," rather than the last name "Long." You'll recall that NASCAR suspended Carl Long (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/clong00/cup/index.html) for 12 races this past May and fined his crew chief $200,000 for bringing an engine to the Sprint All-Star Race that was .17 cubic inches above the legal limit of 358. Long was docked 200 driver points, a NASCAR record. His wife and car owner, DeeDee Long, was penalized 200 owner points -- all for an infraction that, from all indications, was unintentional.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 9th, 2010, 17:25
2) I didn't see what happened with McMurray perhaps you could elaborate

Oh...
He only had a restart that was worse than Montoya's thereby causing a multiple-car accident & the green/white checkered final restart

PRB
March 12th, 2010, 15:29
Hehe, so Carl can't flip anybody over for the next three races or he's really in trouble... Jimmy Spencer thinks Carl is a hero and should not be penalized at all. And Jimmy Spencer knows more about racing than us!

CADFather
March 12th, 2010, 19:45
I don't know much about nothing, but I do know that I lost a lot of respect for Carl Edwards, I thought him to be one of the good guys, like the good Hulk Hogan before he went bad. I wonder if he'll have a painted on 5 o'clock shadow this week.

On the other hand I didn't have any respect to lose for Nascar, they performed as expected, big crashes sell tickets and it's all about the money with corporations.

wombat666
March 22nd, 2010, 03:47
On the other hand I didn't have any respect to lose for Nascar, they performed as expected, big crashes sell tickets and it's all about the money with corporations.

Damn right!
These clowns wrote the book on 'Bread and Circus's' for the masses!!!