PDA

View Full Version : Sandown_EGHN

falcon409
March 7th, 2010, 13:40
Another nice airport on the Isle of Wight, which after reading some info on it, appears to be either already closed or on it's way out to make room for a Holiday Camp. The Aerodrome was hit with two major fires over a span of a year and a half. By all accounts it was a thriving airport.

Trying to post a pic, but not working, I'll post a pic ASAP.

falcon409
March 7th, 2010, 18:41
Another WIP shot with a purpose. In the image, just beyond the hangars on the right side of the field you can see Ultralights. Anyone ever see anything modeled for static aircraft like that?

MCDesigns
March 7th, 2010, 18:59
That looks really nice Ed! Love the airfields you are doing in England, made me want to get the Spit out of the hanger!
You going to edit out the aircraft and place some 3D ones?

BTW how is Carswell coming? I saw you have a better res image and it's looking great.

falcon409
March 7th, 2010, 19:05
. . . .You going to edit out the aircraft and place some 3D ones?
Yea, I use the image for placement, drop in some 3D stuff to position and then go back and edit out the silhouettes. Any idea on where I might find 3D models for the Ultralights?

MCDesigns
March 7th, 2010, 19:20
Ed, where did you get your image at? I just checked it in Bing and it is very good resolution (19 zoom) with no ultralites in the image.

falcon409
March 7th, 2010, 20:22
Ed, where did you get your image at? I just checked it in Bing and it is very good resolution (19 zoom) with no ultralites in the image.
Hmm, one of the three that SBuilderX uses. Not sure which one it was. I used the best of the three at 18zoom.