PDA

View Full Version : Games is running extremely slow

Merlin216
March 7th, 2010, 10:45
I loaded up my FSX for the first time in a couple days, and when I loaded into the flight I had less than 5 fps. The game is extremely slow, even the menu takes a second to load and a bit longer to navigate through. Its only slow after I have started a flight though. So I can go through all the pre flight settings no problem. Since the last time it ran flawlessly I only did one thing to the game, and that was install the CLS DC-10. I havent done anything else to the game. In that time I have installed new software for my computer, but I cant see that messing with the game. I cant seem to find an uninstall for the CLS DC-10, but I tried putting the aircraft folders on my desktop, which did not work.

I have had a similar problem before, but I was reading at 5000fps. Someone had mentioned to me that running a second audio input through my soundcard was a known cause for that issue, but I had to re install the game still. I would really like to avoid another re install, since this happened 2 months ago anyway, and my CD key may not work so I wish not to have to call microsoft and have it re instated. The only other thing I have done, is repair both FSX and Acceleration. Turning down my game settings does no good. Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone know how to fix it?

Specs:
ATI 4850 512mb
8GB DDR3 1066mhz
Q9550 2.83 quad core
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Latest 10.2 ATI Drivers

harleyman
March 8th, 2010, 03:01
Its hard to say...

Please mention your new software..its a culprit as it was installed prior to your problem..

My FSX went south too after installing UTX for some reason..I did a repair, removed the program, but FSX will not load..So..I choose a reformat and reinstall of it all.AGRRRRRRR

Merlin216
March 8th, 2010, 04:14
Which software are you asking about? The CLS was the only thing that was added to my FSX, and I think it could very well be a gauge file or something of that sort. As far as other software to the computer, I bought a 500gb external from WD and installed its software. I installed Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and the multiplayer addon, as well as Bad Company 2. Aside from BC2, all that had been on my computer before.

Thanks for the help

noddy
March 8th, 2010, 04:23
Have you tried to delete the main .cfg file and re-start FSX to create a new one?

Merlin216
March 8th, 2010, 04:27
I just tried that, and it didnt work.

noddy
March 8th, 2010, 04:35
All de-fragged etc?

On the Uninstall of the CLS DC-10 is it not in the add / remove programs in the control panel or in your main FSX folder?

Merlin216
March 8th, 2010, 04:38
I checked both and could not find one anywhere. The program that installs it makes uninstalls usually, unless that option is unchecked. Im running a defragg now as I leave for school, but Im fearing for the worst on this one. Thanks for all the help though.

noddy
March 8th, 2010, 04:49
I did have the similar problem, that FSX started running slow. Deleting the .cfg file worked for me.

Sorry hopefully the guru's can come with something for you, all the best.

Merlin216
March 8th, 2010, 09:43
I wish that would work for me. Defrag did nothing at all either. Im out of options, unless someone knows the secret answer.

harleyman
March 8th, 2010, 15:24
Maybe a guage file or texture file corrupted on the plane install..

Maybe try a FSX repair from disk 1 ....?????

Merlin216
March 8th, 2010, 18:28
I have done a full repair of both FSX and Acceleration. I would have hopped after re creating the FSX.cfg file that the gauge wouldnt be used if its not in the allowed list. I havent removed the aircraft again though since I did that. That will be something to try tomorrow.

harleyman
March 8th, 2010, 18:31
Man...I wish I had a simple answer....

FSX reinstall can be a bear too... I feel your pain..I have to do the same.... Mine won't even load now...Just goes to black screen.

Merlin216
March 9th, 2010, 04:26
Never once had to re install FS9. I only had to uninstall FSX for the first time 2 months ago, and that was like 2 years after I had installed it. Its a pain, but I used to do CFS3 years ago and Im pretty sure I installed that game more than any of my games combined.

The problem I face is dealing with CDkey authentication issues. I installed FSX on my laptop, and twice on my desktop. I think the original laptop install might have been longer than 6 months though. I just hate dealing with techsupport.

What problems were you experiencing?