PDA

View Full Version : install SOME Firepower

gaw
March 7th, 2010, 04:10
Hey all....I have an old Firepower from which I'd like to take just the B-29....what do I have to do to just take that plane into say ETO or CFS3 please? Ferret out guns, sounds, pylons, weapons for that plane and bung 'em in or will they alter/corrupt existing files? Can I make a shared folder with the FP stuff as a subfolder to each of the above to keep 'em separate....or am I overthinking this? I removed the FP add-on a while back for reasons I can't remember but I'd sure like to see B-29's rattling around for the Hobbit missions. Thanks....GAW

ndicki
March 7th, 2010, 05:11
You've just describe the course of action! Ferret out etc, etc. The only problem is with effects. FP use a number of special, FP-only effects which are NOT in the ETO/PTO/MAW effects.xml you will certainly be using. So... the atom bombs won't work, for starters, although the aircraft itself, you won't notice the difference with.

If you're patient, you could ferret out the atom bomb effects too, but it'll be a pig of a job. I did it once with the MAW effects, and it took me half the day. Not worth it.

It's easier to go into the xdp file and change the loadouts for the equivalent AvHistory bombs, and gun entries for the AvHistory guns. Use notepad and don't forget to back it up, and delete the bdp file.

gaw
March 7th, 2010, 08:29
N.....thanks for the reply....very helpful! I meant the b-26 but I suspect the process is the same......how about sound....do I need to add sounds from the firepower folder as well or can I alias the engines to a b-17 (heresy?)

ndicki
March 7th, 2010, 08:33
The B-26 is only modified stock - if I were you, I'd add the AvHistory one instead. Much better. You'd have to look for it in the old 2.XX files though, I think.

gaw
March 7th, 2010, 08:43
muchas gracias.....will do

HouseHobbit
March 7th, 2010, 10:07
Hello GAW,
Which missions are you talking about?
I haven't done any b-29 missions yet..LOL..
But I can..
Some one let me know what is up Please..
I am at a loss ??
But Hobbit's are ususlly lost anyway..

ndicki
March 7th, 2010, 10:11
The B-26 he meant, Owen! :wavey:

HouseHobbit
March 7th, 2010, 10:47
OPPPS..
Sorry about that..
OPPPS...
(removing foot from my mouth)

oki
March 7th, 2010, 11:14
You've just describe the course of action! Ferret out etc, etc. The only problem is with effects. FP use a number of special, FP-only effects which are NOT in the ETO/PTO/MAW effects.xml you will certainly be using. So... the atom bombs won't work, for starters, although the aircraft itself, you won't notice the difference with.

If you're patient, you could ferret out the atom bomb effects too, but it'll be a pig of a job. I did it once with the MAW effects, and it took me half the day. Not worth it.

I would not hesitate to copy the contents of the firepower effects.xml file over into the ETO effects file and you have it all. I have never experienced any difficulties by ADDING lines of text to the effects xml......

ndicki
March 7th, 2010, 11:29
Sure, adding... The trick is adding only those lines which are appropriate and not overwriting later, improved effects by accident. The last thing I'd want to do is replace the wrong ones though. It was a hell of a job sorting out which were FP, which were stock modified FP, and which were stock modified MAW, etc.

CFS2 was easier to handle, with the effects each in their own little files...

gaw
March 8th, 2010, 03:50
Hobbit....yeah, the b-26....your mission pix got me going on this...there's a flock of 26's lumbering around in one of them. And I think that's why I pulled the FP in the first place.....the improved effects here have gone from better to best.