PDA

View Full Version : ETO bdp zapper

timbo2410
March 7th, 2010, 04:06
Just installing ETO 1.3 and I'm up to the stage of running the bdp zapper ... now I never did find a way to get this to work ... I have win 7 64 bit with Kaspersky internet security .... I've downloaded the ETO bdp zapper from beau's site and unzipped it into my ETO main folder. I have set it to run under admin. and have set it as compatible with win xp service pak 2 ... I try to run it (with Kaspersky off and windows firewall off) and it states that this program is no longer working .... any hints here please
:isadizzy:

Steven190
March 7th, 2010, 05:34
Didn't the installer put a short cut on the desktop for a ETO Zapper? Mind did.

The zapper should be in your ETO folder. bdp zapper a square box.

But anyway all you need to do is click on the bdp zapper box and it will work. A black cms screen will appear and list all the files it is accesssing.

If the zapper does not work, right click on it and select edit. Make sure that the path is correct to your install.
Like;
C;program files/microsoft games/ETO

Good luck and let us know

timbo2410
March 7th, 2010, 06:10
Ok I re downloaded the bdp zapper and placed the unzipped file in my eto main folder. I have selected run as admin, win xp compatability mode etc etc .... I have got anti virus switched off along with windows firewall ... all I get when I click on bdp zapper is the same error message "this program has stopped working" ...... I just don't know what else to do ?

timbo2410
March 7th, 2010, 07:04
any suggestions would be great ... i REALLY want to get into ETO 1.3 ... this is all that is stopping me ... unless I can just run ETO without the bdp zapper having been run ??? Is there a way of manually deleting the bdp files ???

Emile
March 7th, 2010, 07:24
Hello,
You may create a .bat file . In that file you put
del "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\*.bdp" /s

OF COURSE you need to change the path to your ETO folder.

Afterwards you execute the .bat file
Hope it helps

BTW I works on my system.

timbo2410
March 7th, 2010, 08:10
thanks Emile ... but I really don't have a clue what your talking about .... I struggle at the best of times so please give me the "dummies" guide please mate :isadizzy:

MajorMagee
March 7th, 2010, 08:33
My guess would be that the system set the folders and files in them as read only during your install. Go find one of the bdp files and right click on it to check how the attributes are set.

gaw
March 7th, 2010, 08:43
just do a search for .bdp in the ETO folder....select them and delete them. If you're running Win 7 open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games.......highlight (select but don't open) the ETO folder and then click the magnifying glass in the upper right search window....type in .bdp and they'll all pop up in the search window...hit Ctrl A which selects them all....then hit delete...there you go...bdp's gone. If you're running XP or Vista I think you click search in the start menu, click files and folders, and at the bottom of list choose "browse"....browse to the ETO folder....in this case I think it's in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games....type in .bdp in the blinking cursor window and the computer will bring up all the .bdp's in ETO for you....same...drill select 'em all and delete 'em

remcoc
March 7th, 2010, 10:01
just do a search for .bdp in the ETO folder....select them and delete them. If you're running Win 7 open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games.......highlight (select but don't open) the ETO folder and then click the magnifying glass in the upper right search window....type in .bdp and they'll all pop up in the search window...hit Ctrl A which selects them all....then hit delete...there you go...bdp's gone. If you're running XP or Vista I think you click search in the start menu, click files and folders, and at the bottom of list choose "browse"....browse to the ETO folder....in this case I think it's in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games....type in .bdp in the blinking cursor window and the computer will bring up all the .bdp's in ETO for you....same...drill select 'em all and delete 'em

Watch out: you can delete bdp-files of aircraft, objects, weapons and vehicles, but not the bdp-files of the ships!

Futhermore, search for *.zx files in the folders: terrains and terrains2. You can remove them as well.

RemcoC

timbo2410
March 7th, 2010, 10:03
yippee .... done it .... it was easy ... thank you soooooo much .... just about to sit and have a quick flight ... thanks once again ..... :applause:

gaw
March 8th, 2010, 03:59
glad you got it sorted....remcoc, what's amiss with deleting ship bdp's....always thought they were just another regenerated item? thanks.....

grizzly50
March 8th, 2010, 05:18
:kilroy:To all,

WARNING: Deleting the BDPs by use of a bat file with a delete BDP wildcard (*) will affect some of Corrado's aircraft carriers, especially those that drop down so you can land on them.

Gaw, that is incorrect. If you use Search to do it manually, do NOT search the entire CFS3 ETO Expansion folder, only do the aircraft, objects, weapons, and vehicles, one folder at a time. That is, do the aircraft folder, then do the objects folder, etc.

DO NOT DELETE THE BDP FILES OF SHIPS!!!!!:d

Stickshaker
March 8th, 2010, 07:27
Hello,
You may create a .bat file . In that file you put
del "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\*.bdp" /s

OF COURSE you need to change the path to your ETO folder.

Afterwards you execute the .bat file
Hope it helps

BTW I works on my system.

You can modify the CFS3 BDP zapper of AvHistory in this way, as Flyer1 pointed out to me last week.

timbo2410
March 8th, 2010, 08:18
ok I had deleted all the files before I saw your warning posts ... i quickly did a test flight invloving all the ship missions that i could find and they all still work :applause:
now ... I did ask a while ago on a different post about the joystick control file .... i want to copy and paste (if I can) a control file from one of my other versions to try and save me the effort of programing all over again .... can somebody point me in the right direction pleas? Oh ... by the way ... I haven't had time to have a good run at ETO 1.3 but what I have seen is stunning ... really good ... thanks to all involved it really is appreciated .... keep up the good work :applause::applause:

grizzly50
March 8th, 2010, 08:44
ok I had deleted all the files before I saw your warning posts ... i quickly did a test flight invloving all the ship missions that i could find and they all still work :applause:
now ... I did ask a while ago on a different post about the joystick control file .... i want to copy and paste (if I can) a control file from one of my other versions to try and save me the effort of programing all over again .... can somebody point me in the right direction pleas? Oh ... by the way ... I haven't had time to have a good run at ETO 1.3 but what I have seen is stunning ... really good ... thanks to all involved it really is appreciated .... keep up the good work :applause::applause:

:kilroy:Timbo2410, pay very close attention to this one, as it's extremely complex. LOL

You need to go into your Application Data folder for any and all CFS3 games that you have a stick program in. The file will have the suffix of: *.xca. The stock one is cfs3.xca. If you programmed your stick, the name will be on the file.

Location of the file:

In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\Application Data\Microsoft

In Vista and Windows 7 (I think): C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

Use the proper above pathway to find the folder you want, say Combat Flught Simulator 3.0. Look in that folder, and once you have found the *.xca file you need, just copy it to the folder where you want it in the same above location of Application Data (App Data).

Once you've done this, start up your game and go to Control Options to select the stick.:d

flyer01
March 8th, 2010, 08:46
timbo2410 , If your OS is XP you can C/P your joystick control file into your CFS3 ETO Expansion file. You can find them at C:\Documents and Settings\(what ever you have your PC named)\Application Data\Microsoft.

As far as the BPD. zipper that I suggested. I have not seen that it has effected the ships in my install of the expansions but it may depend on what OS that is on your PC I use XP. If it has done something to the ships I don't know what. I went a far as re-installing the ships and did not delet the ships orig. BDP's from the 1.30 install and still did not see anything that was different. So it maybe the OS that makes the difference.
I don't wright code, so it would be best to do what the others say with the BDP's just to be on the safe side.

Thank You,

flyer01

timbo2410
March 8th, 2010, 08:57
thanks grizzly I'll give it a go ... much appreciated and has saved me a lot of time :icon29:

waco jaco
March 8th, 2010, 09:23
I deleted all BDP files too by installing 1.0 and 1.2 on my windows 7 install. (with 1.3 I used the BDP swapper)
Untill now I never noticed something strange about ships.
Just tested taking off and landing on carriers in ETO, and everything worked.

Which ships especially should be affected and how?