PDA

View Full Version : First Navy Skyraider paint

Piglet
March 6th, 2010, 22:38
First WIP Navy paint....

Bomber_12th
March 6th, 2010, 22:55
Awesome, Tim, I am looking forward to it! The graphics of the bee insignia turned out especially nice. It is a great choice in markings too, being the "Mig" killer.

Cleartheprop
March 6th, 2010, 23:09
wonderful paint! :jump:

Ian Warren
March 7th, 2010, 01:52
The Skyraider has never seen the NZ shores , well possibly 1966 , CVA-66 USS America was in Wellington harbour on that visit , fact is i was 4 ... those days getting around was prity hard , always was told to get in the car , wash behind my ears , jezzz , i was four! i want to see an Aircraft Carrier ! .. heck,s grounded again ! only had to travel 300 miles ... Oh well ........

Tim , Great responce to your Raider in the NZ :running: http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=11499

Cheers Ian
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DX-FMJ
March 7th, 2010, 02:34
Good stuff! :salute:

letsgetrowdy
March 7th, 2010, 02:50
Wow!!!! That's wonderful paint. Is there anyway you could change that "409" to "402"?

hammer353
March 7th, 2010, 09:22
Looks great

MudMarine
March 7th, 2010, 09:35
SWEEEET!:applause::jump:

stansdds
March 7th, 2010, 11:29
Very nice! By the way, just found this on YouTube. :jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F23RciUwDE

Bomber_12th
March 7th, 2010, 15:32
How about a view from within a Skyraider display:

By the end, you really get a direct look at just how agile the aircraft is. When on the ground, it is clear to see that you are seated at the top of the world - the same feeling that I enjoy getting in Tim's Skyraider within FSX.

<iframe src="http://www.clipwings.com/external.php?video_id=345" width="480" frameborder="no" height="360"></iframe>

stansdds
March 7th, 2010, 15:53
Having seen a Skyraider up close and seen it flying, it is an impressive bird, to say the least.

Piglet
March 7th, 2010, 15:59
Why 402?

deimos256
March 7th, 2010, 16:04
this is great, when i think of a skyraider, i immediately think of this scheme, maybe because when i was younger my dad built a model of this very paint.

Dain Arns
March 7th, 2010, 16:07
Stick with '409' please, then it'll be like one my model kits come to life. :icon_lol:

Ian Warren
March 7th, 2010, 16:09
I no it a very different engine but not disimular , but i found the A2A 377 sound pack still the best current , id have to pull the old RazBam A1 out to compare , great find stansdds <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

oakfloor
March 7th, 2010, 16:39
How does a 18 cylinder R-3350 sound like a P&W R-4360?

Bomber_12th
March 7th, 2010, 18:49
Why 402?

Rowdy is talking of another Skyraider, in Intrepid markings, that is currently owned and operated by The Fighter Collection, Duxford - which would require other differences to the scheme as well (http://www.flickr.com/photos/si558/1203780643/sizes/o/). Rowdy, if no one else does, and granted there will be a paint kit as Tim has stated there will be, it won't be hard at all to make that scheme as a repaint, and I'd love to do it.

The specific scheme that Tim has chosen, is arguably the most famous Skyraider in Intrepid markings that could be recreated, which I believe makes it a great choice.

I personally have been using the Razbam Skyraider sound pack, which I find very true to the real thing.

letsgetrowdy
March 8th, 2010, 09:21
Hi guys - wonderful paint there Piglet.
No only reason why I said "402" was because there is an airoworthy Skyraider with the same colour scheme of the wasp etc with this numbering. The aircraft id G-RADR and is owned by Kennet Aviation and based at North Weald.

Ian Warren
March 8th, 2010, 13:00
How does a 18 cylinder R-3350 sound like a P&W R-4360?
Compare the engine start and run up sounds to the A2A , you compare the different tone between an engine with a spinner and without , its so different as the blade pump air between the cylinders . I have not put my RAZBAM sound pack in yet , ive lost it .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

anj4de
April 10th, 2010, 16:07
...why not using the A2A P-47 sound pack? Almost the same engine, same size prop, etc...

cheers
Uwe

skulleader
April 10th, 2010, 16:41
Hello :salute:

For the sound of the Skyraider I think that is the same sound that a real "Corsair", so I downloaded the "pack sound" of Guy Hulin and I can tell you that is a great "sound pack" for this wonderful aircraft !!

About the Sound of the P-47 of A2A I'm not sure that is a best, I like the corsair's sound :applause:

Here you can download this "Sound Pack", it's the same that I use with my Skyraider of our friend Pigglet. The adress for downloaded this "Sound Pack" : http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=101019

Please can you inform me if you love this sound ?

Best regards, Olivier :salute: